• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Grossi is now angry about all the Browns moves because he dosent think he can get Jimmy.

Edit: even before yesterday I was pretty sure Grossi would call the whole offseason a failure if they didn't get Jimmy. He actually said he would haha

Well this is what Grossi said literally an hour or so before we made all those signings:

1. The perils of losing: The Browns have been aggressive in trying to line up some front-line free agents to sign, but have come up empty so far. Reportedly, they lost out to the Baltimore Ravens on Arizona safety Tony Jefferson even though their contract offer was higher. The Browns also fell short of reported targets such as Baltimore fullback Kyle Juszczyk to the 49ers and Baltimore right tackle Ricky Wagner to the Lions. Free agency is an exercise in over-paying under normal circumstances, but when you are a team coming off a 1-15 season, there is an additional premium to pay. When the money gets this ridiculously high, the chance to play for a winning team does trump a few additional dollars with most players. There was a report on Wednesday that Browns players actually tried to “recruit” free agents to buy into the prospect of the team turning around its losing culture. Alas, it hasn’t worked thus far. Let this be a lesson to those who believe in tanking -- losing on purpose -- to set up a rebuilding process. Unless there is an undisputed franchise quarterback waiting in the draft, there is no benefit in losing. The Jets already appear to be in the process of tanking in 2017 for the purpose of claiming the No. 1 pick in the 2018 draft, presumably USC quarterback Sam Darnold. They’d better hope that Darnold’s career proceeds without incident and he is healthy and able to assume the franchise quarterback role in 2018. Otherwise, they will learn, like the Browns are realizing, that it’s very difficult to attract players when a franchise is at its absolute bottom rung.

I'm sure he already forgot he wrote all of this.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
How did this rift with Kirk even start ? Money?

Dan fell in love with Bob. Mike liked Bob, but also liked Kirk. Bob let Mike down. Mike wanted to move on to Kirk. Bob and Dan turned on Mike. Dan eventually needed Kirk and hated Mike for that. Mike reminded everyone that he was the one who liked Kirk. Dan hated Mike even more and maybe resented Kirk a little.

MechDX

mike fisher ✭ ✔ @fishsports
#Cowboys powers need to b sure on the same page. Im told #Romo BYE video made BFORE kooky 'trade talks.' W assumption agreed-to CUT was DONE
8:37 AM - 10 Mar 2017

Jerruh's "do right" rule....

Pepiope

Not bad. Wis did alright. This means Kelce is definitely gone though. Between LG and C, we now have Kelce, Barbre, Wis, Seumalo, and Warmack. And I assume they want to start Seumalo and have Warmack push to start. Barbre and Wis can function as swing backups. Kelce just doesn't have a spot anymore
Once we signed Warmack, Kelce was gone. He's too small and gets pushed back way too much. Wentz can't step into the pocket.

Once we signed Warmack, Kelce was gone. He's too small and gets pushed back way too much. Wentz can't step into the pocket.

He's only too small against nose tackles. Teams that can afford to give him extra help or teams that don't face many 3-4 defenses in their division could still get a great player in him. He was solid in December last season, and he's been solid before. I think he's still a good offensive lineman and if he were cheaper they'd probably keep him.

Michael Silver Retweeted
Jane Slater‏Verified account @ SlaterNFL 3m 3 minutes ago
As we wait for news of Tony Romo, let's not forget there is also Option C - retirement. Goodbye video more than a farewell to Cowboys fans?
Wow can't believe Romo would retire instead of playing for a team Mech roots for.

Hindl

Yeah I thought writing was on the wall with that too. But let's not pretend warmack is this safe bet. He's like an OL version of DGB. Has all the talent in the world and was looked at as a generational talent, but has flamed out before his rookie deal was done because he gave no effort during games. Maybe a change of scenery will help him but I'm not gonna assume he'll become a starter

Pepiope

Yeah I thought writing was on the wall with that too. But let's not pretend warmack is this safe bet. He's like an OL version of DGB. Has all the talent in the world and was looked at as a generational talent, but has flamed out before his rookie deal was done because he gave no effort during games. Maybe a change of scenery will help him but I'm not gonna assume he'll become a starter
It helps that his coach is the same guy who made him a high 1st round draft pick. If there is someone who can fix him, it's probably us.

BleedingGreenNation ✔ @BleedingGreen
Alshon Jeffery says Carson Wentz is going to be NFL MVP one day

I'm ready for Alshon to say random shit all season long. The sign of a true #1 WR.

MechDX

But if the Eagles got a 1st for Bradford why can't Dallas get something for Romo?

The situations are COMPLETELY different. Vikings were desperate since it was right before the season started. Bradford ( while almost always injured) was coming off a rather healthy season. Romo was out for months with another injury.

If you cant see the differences I dont know what to tell you

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
As I was walking to the office, I passed an overweight middle aged dude with a mullet, handlebar mustache, wearing a Naruto headband and a shirt with "FILTHY CASUAL" on it.

Which one of you is trying to stalk me?

Hindl

The situations are COMPLETELY different. Vikings were desperate since it was right before the season started. Bradford ( while almost always injured) was coming off a rather healthy season. Romo was out for months with another injury.

Technically it was more like years. Romo hadn't played meaningful football in over a year, and really was only 3 games in to the 2015 season

Duxxy3

As I was walking to the office, I passed an overweight middle aged dude with a mullet, handlebar mustache, wearing a Naruto headband and a shirt with "FILTHY CASUAL" on it.

Fuck. I thought for sure that that the fake mustache would throw you off.

Pepiope

I know... just repeating what cowboy fans have been saying for months, Romo isn't worth anything in a trade.

Andrew Brandt‏Verified account
@AndrewBrandt

Following
More
In 2012 Redskins mortgage future for RGIII, took Cousins in 4th as afterthought. Today Browns cut Griffin, Cousins signs for 1 year at $24M.

MechDX

See. There is worse shit than the Brock debacle. By a lot.

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account
@RapSheet

The #Browns official release of RGIII will come today. They’re trying to shop Brock Osweiler. Will give Cody Kessler a chance to start.

This makes me happy. :)

I love the Browns and hope they have a great season this year. The Cleve Rocks!

effzee

See. There is worse shit than the Brock debacle. By a lot.

How so? Before injury RG3 was sensational and led the Racists to a division title.

The picks they list the Rams did nothing with and they still picked up Cousins.

Texans paid a butt load of money and then lost a 2nd round pick.

jmdajr

How so? Before injury RG3 was sensational and led the Racists to a division title.

The picks they list the Rams did nothing with and they still picked up Cousins.

Texans paid a butt load of money and then lost a 2nd round pick.

Brock gave us a division title. And we even made it to round 2!

MechDX

The best funny outcome of this Romo debacle would be if Elway and Rick Smith both came out and said " While we may have had interest in Romo we can't wait forever and must move on. We wish Tony the best in his future endeavors"

Then watch Jerry squirm while Romo gives him a stare of death

Jarnet87

Julius Peppers back on the Panthers to torment the Bucs once again. One can never forget Kenyatta Walker getting abused by Peppers and his three false starts

MechDX

Washington getting weaker, that NFC East Basement is all yours..

There were rumblings on Twitter this morning from agents that players dont want to go there because of all the drama in the front office. Shocked

Chick Hernandez‏Verified account @CHICKatCSN 22m22 minutes ago
More
Source close to the Cousins camp tells me as long as Bruce Allen is team president , he will NOT negotiate a long term deal. #redskins

lol. Just trade him at this point.Snyder is being made to look like a bumbling fool

Man God

Non-Canon Member
There were rumblings on Twitter this morning from agents that players dont want to go there because of all the drama in the front office. Shocked

Same reason people weren't signing with the 49ers the last two years. Same reason why the Browns had about a decade of people saying hell no.

Looks like it is starting to become a problem in Buffalo as well.

MechDX

05Hmrpv.png

Dega and Chris

Cajun moved to SF?

This makes me happy. :)

I love the Browns and hope they have a great season this year. The Cleve Rocks!
This also makes me happy.. I'm feeling serviced just a bit

We should bring in RG3 to back up Jameis.
This is wrong.. just be a Raidas fan or something Scooter..

I didn't see this mentioned when McCloughan got canned

@MikeJonesWaPo
Was told late in the season of jealousy up top and how they'd one day use McCloughan drinking as an excuse to can him. Exactly what happened

Trash organization

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom