• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duxxy3

Not that handsome..

b06b2ba5f21c3dee0b03575c61feaa37.jpg

kaiju

@OptimumScouting
Spoke to source close to #Redskins QB Kirk Cousins last night. Per Cousins: "I'm going to be a 49er" in 2017 OR 2018.
We shall see...#49ers

Let him go Washington

effzee

Molly Qerim. YUM.

At home today so watching me some SAS, MAX, and forgot Molly was on this show now.

Anyway, I get the whole collecting as many picks as possible and building the Browns like Moneyball or the Sixers "process" but I really don't see those systems working in the NFL.

Most rosters are a great or franchise QB away from being relevant or competitive. Who cares if they have 22-25 picks in the first 3 rounds between this draft and next if they can't hit on or acquire a QB?

So yeah keep blowing up your roster, trading or cutting veterans, and stock piling picks but what's the payoff? Watson? Some QB(s) down the pipeline 2-3 years down the road? You get that QB and then you have to develop him for another 2-3 seasons.

So at best they might be competitive in 3 seasons? I just don't see the need for this elaborate of a rebuild. In the NBA yes. NFL? No teams go from worst to first every season.

MechDX

I feel this happens often. Guess Eagles can't take everyone.

Its actually a positive, credit to the coaching staff and front office.

Amazing thing is Simon was claimed from the Ravens practice squad and he should garner a 6th round comp pick. Bouye was an UDFA and will get them a 3rd round comp pick

Grossi is now angry about all the Browns moves because he dosent think he can get Jimmy.

Edit: even before yesterday I was pretty sure Grossi would call the whole offseason a failure if they didn't get Jimmy. He actually said he would haha

MechDX

patrick ✔ @PatDStat
Panthers RT and now UFA Mike Remmers set to visit the #Texans this weekend.
6:57 AM - 10 Mar 2017

Getting Panthers O line leftovers. Thats always a great strategy right?

EDIT: Talk coming out now about O'Briens and Osweilers relationship. Basically: not good. Almost came to blows a couple times. Players didnt discuss it with media but osweiler not the most liked person there

jmdajr

Its actually a positive, credit to the coaching staff and front office.

Amazing thing is Simon was claimed from the Ravens practice squad and he should garner a 6th round comp pick. Bouye was an UDFA and will get them a 3rd round comp pick

hmmm

MechDX

Also get another 6th for Demps. WHo was signed off the street two years ago during training camp

None of the FA losses are that damaging in all honesty. Losing a talent like Bouye hurts but when the season started he was 4th string and moved up because of injuries

Hindl

At least your team is attempting to go and get new OL, where as it appears the Bucs have made no attempt to beef up their line which needs replacing/moving 3/5 of it

It's a bad year in FA and the draft to need OL help. Nothing really to go around. That alone should make teams like the Cowboys, Raiders, and Titans competitive for the next few years

@AlbertBreer
Bears QB Mike Glennon's full guarantee: $18.5 million. And $16 million of it is this year's money. Bottom line, this is a year-to-year deal.

Well, at least it's only one year. One bleak, depressing and suicidal year. But only one year. It's still a fucking stupid move, though.

Charlie Campbell‏ @ DraftCampbell 20h 20 hours ago
Answering a few teams why he'd be a good QB, Chad Kelly wrote "Because I have swag like you've never seen before." http://www.walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2017ckelly.php …
i got that swag boy that swag you never had boy -Drake/lil Wayne, Uptown
Kenny Britt‏ @KennyBritt_18
Ppl ask why Cleveland? Me : why not Cleveland? Why not go somewhere to make a change and start something new. #BePartOfSomethingSpecial
Cleve Legend Kenny Britt

squicken

It was a bummer Simon got hurt last year b/c they really needed his speed in the postseason. Rick needs to get some speed at LB ... after he gets his QB

Farooq

Banned
The Cowboys better not do Romo dirty and trade him to a terrible team. Bad enough that they told him he was going to be released and were like "Release? What release?" Castro style.

Jarnet87

It's a bad year in FA and the draft to need OL help. Nothing really to go around. That alone should make teams like the Cowboys, Raiders, and Titans competitive for the next few years

There seemed to be a couple decent LT's available and anything is an upgrade over Donovan Smith at the position, he needs to be playing RT. Mangold is out there at Center and it avoids making Marpet move to center which has been a rumor.

MechDX

To be fair, the Cowboys have an amazing line and he still got killed.

To be fair, this year he got injured scrambling

The video was more for fun but it didnt reference the respective O lines but the quality of pass rushers he would face.Good thing we still have this savage at QB:
Sexay.

According to Matt Miller it wont be Kizer:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-buzz-on-every-nfl-team-as-free-agency-begins

Houston Texans: The Texans have been linked to quarterbacks in Round 1, but don't expect DeShone Kizer to be their guy. I've heard from a contact in Houston they're not fans of the Notre Dame quarterback.

MechDX

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 32s33 seconds ago
More
Reunion: The #Panthers are working to bring back veteran pass-rusher and old friend Julius Peppers, sources say.

Grova finally getting a W?

Bread

Banned
that bbc video is making me laugh so hard

the kid strutting in, the baby following out of no where, and the wife's crazy slide. so much packed in to 15 seconds.

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account
@RapSheet

Following
More
Reunion: The #Panthers are working to bring back veteran pass-rusher and old friend Julius Peppers, sources say.

Once we get Captain "All Heart No Height" back we'll have the band back together again

@OptimumScouting
Spoke to source close to #Redskins QB Kirk Cousins last night. Per Cousins: "I'm going to be a 49er" in 2017 OR 2018.
We shall see...#49ers

Let him go Washington

the package begins with the #2

can't see us turning down a trade if its good enough, but snyder would rather just let the town burn than give him up for trash

he'll give him a third franchise tag for the lulz

Hindl

Mike Garafolo ✔ @MikeGarafolo
Eagles OL Stefen Wisniewski's deal worth close to $9m over 3 years but he can make almost $15m if he hits incentives, source says
10:43 AM - 10 Mar 2017

Not bad. Wis did alright. This means Kelce is definitely gone though. Between LG and C, we now have Kelce, Barbre, Wis, Seumalo, and Warmack. And I assume they want to start Seumalo and have Warmack push to start. Barbre and Wis can function as swing backups. Kelce just doesn't have a spot anymore

kaiju

the package begins with the #2

can't see us turning down a trade if its good enough, but snyder would rather just let the town burn than give him up for trash

he'll give him a third franchise tag for the lulz

I believe the Niners will get him for less but it will be for a few picks. Shanahan gets his QB.

Sounds like the party's about to get started:

@AdamSchefter
Washington QB Kirk Cousins signed his franchise tender this morning. He is now tradeable.

Some ex-Giant news:

Dan Graziano‏Verified account @DanGrazianoESPN 5m5 minutes ago

Source: Bears will sign CB Prince Amukamara.

He was in Jacksonville last season. One year deal.

Also, I didn't see this posted:

Dov Kleiman‏ @NFL_DovKleiman 20m20 minutes ago

#Saints released Safety Jarius Byrd with the post-June 1 designation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom