• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duxxy3

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter 7m

Sources tell me the Patriots have cut CB Malcolm Butler. Could not find common ground on an extension.

flip-bird.gif

squicken

This is a thing that you can say

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account
@RapSheet

#Bears GM Ryan Pace: “Mike Glennon is our starting quarterback and we’re fired up about that.”

Matt Barkley threw an interception every 15 passes last year and:

@RapSheet
QB news: The #49ers are signing Matt Barkley, source said. He impressed late in the season when given a shot.

Not a good QB (or tackle) market

Jarnet87

The 49ers are betting on a USC QB to tank them to the promise land so they can pick a USB QB to save the franchise. Coming full circle

I forgot they signed Hoyer to just hover in the 4-6 win territory.

What

The

Fuck

Why

Getts

Explain

Shit

To

Me

EDIT: Trade actually isn't as terrible as I'm making it out. But Ealy's potential is damn good. He was honestly the best player in SB 50 if you take away Von's highlight plays.

Duxxy3

Carolina trading DE Kony Ealy and a third-round pick to Patriots in exchange for New England's second-round pick, league sources tell ESPN.

Whoa.

edit: How the fuck did that happen? Is this the first part of another trade?

I have to imagine some rotation of Johnson and Peppers opposite Addison are what the Panthers roll with as starting DEs.

Which is fine, provided that the old guys stay healthy.

Hindl

They have two 2nd rounders now, unless I'm reading the trade wrong. Not a bad trade, but Ealy was damn good. Why do teams still insist on making the Patriots better?

Yeah but Pats were at the back of the 2nd and Panthers were at the top of the 3rd. They traded the 72nd and Ealy for the 64th

squicken

They have two 2nd rounders now, unless I'm reading the trade wrong. Not a bad trade, but Ealy was damn good. Why do teams still insist on making the Patriots better?

It depends I guess on which 3rd round pick CAR is giving up. NE is giving up 64 overall. In the third round CAR has 72 overall and 98. To move up 8 spots is pretty crappy if that is the third they are giving up

ahh lol, ok, makes sense. I thought we had gotten adarn schefter'd or something.
Yeah.. I think we just need to remember that Bread is the worst sometimes and it all goes back to him and Gata..

What if someone tanks for Sam Darnold and he sucks?
I mean.. nothing ventured..

Adam Schefter‏Verified account
@AdamSchefter

Following
More
WR Terrelle Pryor is signing a one-year deal with Washington , per sources.

RIP BlackGhost
Fuck...

And the servicing ends..

Floy how could you do this to BG
This isn't my fault..

Colasante

Great move by Bill. Dropping eight spots in the draft for a potential impact player at a position of need is awesome. Some clutch players on the defensive line now: Trey Flowers had 2.5 sacks in Super Bowl 51 and Kony Ealy had 3 sacks in Super Bowl 50.

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 5m5 minutes ago

Former Raiders OT Menelik Watson reached agreement with the Denver Broncos, per sources. Staying in division, defecting to rival.

Congrats Denver? Not sad to see him go at all

Shout out to Drew Rosenhaus, fuck you.

Browns had a multi year deal on the table for Pryor (pretty much the deal for Britt, but more). But drew Wanted more and kept pushing. they thought pryors market would be bigger, but wasn't. So he had to settle for the 1 year. To a extent maybe fuck you Pryor too.
i don't mean it Bae..

I'm gonna now pretend like he dosent exist and will longer acknowledge him for the rest of the year after this post.

JaMarco

Great move by Bill. Dropping eight spots in the draft for a potential impact player at a position of need is awesome. Some clutch players on the defensive line now: Trey Flowers had 2.5 sacks in Super Bowl 51 and Kony Ealy had 3 sacks in Super Bowl 50.
Yea I love this because Ealy is another Flowers type player. Such a great offseason so far, Belichick has cemented himself as a great GM at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom