• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike Remmers got $30 million.

The tackle market has exploded even more than the QB market

EDIT: Remmers as a RT isn't...the worst thing in the history of the world (getting badly beaten multiple times on global TV by Von Miller notwithstanding). Not great, but there's worse. Remmers as a LT tho? Yikes

Free agent tackle market sucks, and this years draft is weak at tackle. Teams will overpay for anybody who can play tackle

Hindl

Welp w.e I stand by alshon Jeffrey when right is an absolute stud. He'd in the highest tier of wr. Unfortunately he always picks up nagging injuries like calf strains and whatnot, but he's a much better signing than Brandon Marshall for a young team and he's a much better rental than pryor who is a complete unknown.

Yeah I agree with you, he's elite and I'm thrilled the Eagles have him. I'm just saying there's a difference between calling someone elite, and saying they're a top 3 WR

jbug617

Banned
Little more details on Pryor deal
@BenVolin: Terrelle Pryor deal with Washington: 1 year, $6m, with up to $2m in incentives

Jeffery
@BenVolin: Alshon Jeffery deal with Philly: 1 year, $9.5m, up to $4.5m in incentives

@BenVolin: Jeffery's $4.5m incentives is based on receptions, yards, touchdowns, Pro Bowl, All-NFL, playing time, wins or playoffs, active all 16 games

Welp w.e I stand by alshon Jeffrey when right is an absolute stud. He'd in the highest tier of wr. Unfortunately he always picks up nagging injuries like calf strains and whatnot, but he's a much better signing than Brandon Marshall for a young team and he's a much better rental than pryor who is a complete unknown.
Well alshon hasnt been right since 2014. His last 2 years have been nothing. How many guys have back to back bad years then switch teams and go back to being great? Also Pryor had a much better year last year with no one passing to him.

Pepiope

Well alshon hasnt been right since 2014. His last 2 years have been nothing. How many guys have back to back bad years then switch teams and go back to being great? Also Pryor had a much better year last year with no one passing to him.
The Philadelphia Eagles during chips last 2 years.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Well alshon hasnt been right since 2014. His last 2 years have been nothing. How many guys have back to back bad years then switch teams and go back to being g great?

Well first off again injuries were the factor both to him and Cutler, but he still put up damn good numbers in only 9 games.

Also yeah change of scenery for reciever works once in a while

0597818001415679230_filepicker.jpg

Eleuin

Micah Hyde was, sadly, one of the better secondary players we had last year. And considering how fucking awful the Packers secondary was last year he shouldn't be letting the last bits of talent from that defense walk away. Especially after Casey Hayward left to for San Diego only to lead the league in interceptions. I'd rather he pay mediocre players rather than put out the JV squad again. Thompson needs to stop coasting off of that Super Bowl win, especially since his draft and develop mindset hasn't been panning out in recent seasons.

Ted: here is our offer

Cook's agent: we want more

Ted: ok bye

Not sure why you're getting bent out of shape for a backup safety and a TE that just runs fast

Thompson is really coasting drafting a top 5 LT and a competent LG to replace one of the best in the game

If only he could predict concussions and sophomore slumps

cdyhybrid

Well first off again injuries were the factor both to him and Cutler, but he still put up damn good numbers in only 9 games.

Don't think the league will let Doug Pederson video tape practices, so I dunno if that's a fair comparison.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Ted: here is our offer

Cook's agent: we want more

Ted: ok bye

Not sure why you're getting bent out of shape for a backup safety and a TE that just runs fast

Thompson is really coasting drafting a top 5 LT and a competent LG to replace one of the best in the game

If only he could predict concussions and sophomore slumps

Jared played big down the stretch for them. They needed more not less.

How does Bellichick do this shit all the time? I know Ealy hasn't been fantastic or anything, but he's 25, on a rookie deal, and showed flashes. Like seriously, how do you just jump down 8 picks and get someone like that?

Straight up fleeced the panthers.

JaMarco

How does Bellichick do this shit all the time? I know Ealy hasn't been fantastic or anything, but he's 25, on a rookie deal, and showed flashes. Like seriously, how do you just jump down 8 picks and get someone like that?

Straight up fleeced the panthers.
Elite GM.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Out of curiosity, all things being equal who are your top 5 WR in the league?

1.julio Jones
2.odb
3.ab
4.nuk
5.aj green

I'm hot and cold on AJ due to his ability to disappear against tough competition. I think DeAndre is an absolute monster who hasn't peaked just yet.

I was watching a Moss career highlight video. Dude was the GOAT, on the Vikings (first time) and the Pats he was just on a completely different level.

Brandon Marshall's has had 8 1000 yards seasons has also had a bunch of double digit TD season. Hell he had over 1000 yards just a year ago with the jets. He also got less money. Pryor is younger and is just learning the position and he also had a better year last year then alshon. Did you graduate from South Carolina or something?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Brandon Marshall's has had 8 1000 yards seasons has also had a bunch of double digit TD season. Hell he had over 1000 yards just a year ago with the jets. He also got less money. Pryor is younger and is just learning the position and he also had a better year last year then alshon. Did you graduate from South Carolina or something?

Both are 1 year deals edit-(Pryor and Jeffrey). Brandon Marshall is turning 33 with tons of tread. You're wrong. Alshon Jeffrey was easily the best wr on the market and it wasn't close. Sorry you have a hate boner for your gm, I don't know much about that. Your points are factually incorrect. Money is no factor on a prove it deal. You don't seem to understand that. What good is a 33 year old drop prone headcase reciever on a multi year deal to a young qb compared to a beast like alshon? Your team also has a plethora of wr who have the dropsies including newly added t. smith, and "elite" Jordan matthews. B marsh is a beast but has always had bad hands, let's had him to the drops crew.

Both are 1 year deals edit-(Pryor and Jeffrey). Brandon Marshall is turning 33 with tons of tread. You're wrong. Alshon Jeffrey was easily the best wr on the market and it wasn't close. Sorry you have a hate boner for your gm, I don't know much about that. Your points are factually incorrect. Money is no factor on a prove it deal. You don't seem to understand that. What good is a 33 year old drop prone headcase reciever on a multi year deal to a young qb compared to a beast like alshon? Your team also has a plethora of wr who have the dropsies including newly added t. smith, and "elite" Jordan matthews. B marsh is a beast but has always had bad hands, let's had him to the drops crew.
Alshon is a beast and Brandon marshal isn't even though Brandon has put up way better stats during his career? I have no idea what you are basing this off of.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Also is a beast and Brandon marshal isn't even though Brandon has put up way better stats during his career? I have no idea what you are basing this off of.

Where the hell did I say Brandon wasn't a beast?! Brandon is a likely HOF wr and has always been one of the better wr in the league. He's also a lot older and on the down turn and wanted to play for a win NOW team. He's likely not a number 1 anymore. Alshon Jeffrey is a lower risk signing at only one year and his ceiling is much higher than b marsh at this juncture. Jeffrey at 1 year is better than pryor at 1 year, period.

Edit- lmao I even specifically wrote in the post you quoted... He's a beast.

Pepiope

Alshon is a beast and Brandon marshal isn't even though Brandon has put up way better stats during his career? I have no idea what you are basing this off of.
Marshall is old and has no future here. I doubt we even asked about him. And given the choice between Pryor and Jeffrey, you take Jeffrey everyday. Jeffrey can mentor Matthews and aggy, and hopefully help turn them into something. He was easily the best WR on the market for us.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Marshall is old and has no future here. I doubt we even asked about him. And given the choice between Pryor and Jeffrey, you take Jeffrey everyday. Jeffrey can mentor Matthews and aggy, and hopefully help turn them into something. He was easily the best WR on the market period.

Ftfy

Marshall is old and has no future here. I doubt we even asked about him. And given the choice between Pryor and Jeffrey, you take Jeffrey everyday. Jeffrey can mentor Matthews and aggy, and hopefully help turn them into something. He was easily the best WR on the market for us.
No surprise that you love whatever the accountant does. Wonder what the excuse will be next year when the eagles are home watching the playoffs.

Dane Brugler‏Verified account
@dpbrugler

Ball velocity numbers (MPH) from the Combine:

60 - Mahomes
59 - Webb
56 - Kizer
55 - Trubisky, Evans
53 - Peterman, Kaaya
49 - Watson

Stephen Thomas‏ @15Stephen15 2m2 minutes ago

@dpbrugler Since 2008, only guy under 55 with any type of success is Tyrod. (Dak threw 54 but had a bum shoulder)

Where the hell did I say Brandon wasn't a beast?! Brandon is a likely HOF wr and has always been one of the better wr in the league. He's also a lot older and on the down turn and wanted to play for a win NOW team. He's likely not a number 1 anymore. Alshon Jeffrey is a lower risk signing at only one year and his ceiling is much higher than b marsh at this juncture. Jeffrey at 1 year is better than pryor at 1 year, period.

Edit- lmao I even specifically wrote in the post you quoted... He's a beast.

I really wanna know what drugs you're on that told you Marshall's a "likely HOF wr".

Don't get me wrong, he's been good his whole career, but get all the way the fuck out with that shit.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I really wanna know what drugs you're on that told you Marshall's a "likely HOF wr".

Don't get me wrong, he's been good his whole career, but get all the way the fuck out with that shit.

Maybe the fact that hell finish top 5 or 10 in every major category.

JaMarco

Dane Brugler‏Verified account
@dpbrugler

Ball velocity numbers (MPH) from the Combine:

60 - Mahomes
59 - Webb
56 - Kizer
55 - Trubisky, Evans
53 - Peterman, Kaaya
49 - Watson

Stephen Thomas‏ @15Stephen15 2m2 minutes ago

@dpbrugler Since 2008, only guy under 55 with any type of success is Tyrod. (Dak threw 54 but had a bum shoulder)
What was Garrapolo MPH?

effzee

What? He's elite but he's maybe Top 10. Julio, Dez, AJ Green, AB, Nuk, and OBJ are all better, and you could make an argument that Mike Evans and TY Hilton are above him as well. And that's ignoring the suspension and lingering soft tissue injuries he has. Plus his best years were when he was opposite Brandon Marshall, who's pretty fucking good too

Well good thing he will be opposite Torey and Mathews, better QB, and overall better team.

I said before fa even started I would much rather have Pryor then alshon. Way to many questions about alshon health and potential suspension. Giants got the deal deal of any team but the skins got a good one to.

What potential suspension is he facing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom