• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
13 was better than 12. 12 was a boring, auto play, half finished dud of a game. The only part of 12 I liked was being so excited for it I bought dq8 for its demo, cause dq8 was rad

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Shout out to Drew Rosenhaus, fuck you.

Browns had a multi year deal on the table for Pryor (pretty much the deal for Britt, but more). But drew Wanted more and kept pushing. they thought pryors market would be bigger, but wasn't. So he had to settle for the 1 year. To a extent maybe fuck you Pryor too.
i don't mean it Bae..

I'm gonna now pretend like he dosent exist and will longer acknowledge him for the rest of the year after this post.

I just read the stuff.

Ugh but ah well, onwards we go.

I don't​understand that trade at all. Didn't ealy have a bunch of sacks in the sb and generally play well last year. Why help the pats. Damn these teams are so stupid.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I don't​understand that trade at all. Didn't ealy have a bunch of sacks in the sb and generally play well last year. Why help the pats. Damn these teams are so stupid.

From my understanding he was mediocre. Love his talent though and he can't be worse than sheard was throughout.

Pepiope

Shout out to Drew Rosenhaus, fuck you.

Browns had a multi year deal on the table for Pryor (pretty much the deal for Britt, but more). But drew Wanted more and kept pushing. they thought pryors market would be bigger, but wasn't. So he had to settle for the 1 year. To a extent maybe fuck you Pryor too.
i don't mean it Bae..

I'm gonna now pretend like he dosent exist and will longer acknowledge him for the rest of the year after this post.
Because the Browns are so strapped for cash and couldn't afford a couple million.

Duxxy3

From my understanding he was mediocre. Love his talent though and he can't be worse than sheard was throughout.

He played incredibly well in the super bowl though. Makes me wonder if he's another player that plays better when he's winning. Panthers didn't do a lot of that last year.

No he was bad last year. And generally has been incredibly inconsistent over the course of his career.

But that SB showed how good he could be when he's locked in. I have no doubt that BB will turn him into a perennial Pro Bowler.

Furyous

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

$100 mill in cap space couldn't stop TP from leaving. We need to sneak in at the last minute and offer him $2 mill more per in hopes of retaining his services. We need to sign him next offseason since this is a one year deal. Kirk is going to get him hurt with all those wounded ducks he throws across the field.

Watch Kirk leave via trade anyway.

I can't believe Snyder signed a free agent and didn't over pay for his services. Oh well, let me drown my sorrows counting all those draft picks.

kaiju

49ers showing off the group of warm bodies they signed

Quite the haul!

C6lkBxhVsAAyGX5.jpg:large

Hindl

Alshon is arguably atop 3 wr... Wtf?

What? He's elite but he's maybe Top 10. Julio, Dez, AJ Green, AB, Nuk, and OBJ are all better, and you could make an argument that Mike Evans and TY Hilton are above him as well. And that's ignoring the suspension and lingering soft tissue injuries he has. Plus his best years were when he was opposite Brandon Marshall, who's pretty fucking good too

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
What? He's elite but he's maybe Top 10. Julio, Dez, AJ Green, AB, Nuk, and OBJ are all better, and you could make an argument that Mike Evans and TY Hilton are above him as well

That's why I said arguably. His injuries have always hampered him and his QB situations have as well. He's an absolute beast. All things equal I'd take him over dez and in no world is ty better.

Hindl

He is top 15, maybe. Not sure. Definitely not top 3, or 5.

Yeah he fits in somewhere in that 10-15 range. With a huge season he could bump up but for now that's where he falls.

That's why I said arguably. His injuries have always hampered him and his QB situations have as well. He's an absolute beast. All things equal I'd take him over dez and in no world is ty better.

Well we'll just have to agree to disagree. I agree about the QB situation, but injuries should factor into the rankings. As for TY, they entered the league at the same time, but he has 1300 more yards and 4 more TDs. I said it's arguable as well. And again, Alshon's best years were when Brandon Marshall was taking the #1 guys on

Mike Remmers got $30 million.

The tackle market has exploded even more than the QB market

EDIT: Remmers as a RT isn't...the worst thing in the history of the world (getting badly beaten multiple times on global TV by Von Miller notwithstanding). Not great, but there's worse. Remmers as a LT tho? Yikes

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I said before fa even started I would much rather have Pryor then alshon. Way to many questions about alshon health and potential suspension. Giants got the deal deal of any team but the skins got a good one to.

So Pryor has no question marks after 1 good year?

Striker

Keenan Allen is better but he's never healthy. Those things matter.

@RapSheet 35s35 seconds ago
More
The #Broncos signed #Raiders OT Menelik Watson to a 3-year deal worth $18.3M, source said.
Not worth that, good pass. Maybe give Fluker a one year prove it deal.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Welp w.e I stand by alshon Jeffrey when right is an absolute stud. He'd in the highest tier of wr. Unfortunately he always picks up nagging injuries like calf strains and whatnot, but he's a much better signing than Brandon Marshall for a young team and he's a much better rental than pryor who is a complete unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom