• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigAT

After 7 trips and 5 SB rings, Bill is now shooting for that perfect season.

yjrdPMA.gif

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
He's fast

hes small. If brady and him are on the same page, the speed between him and edelman should be ridiculously tough to cover. Hogan and Cooks working to take the top off as well. All relies on health TBH of Edelman. He looked a step slow or 2 even throughout the season until down the stretch and the playoffs. Brady was throwing to where he thought edelman was, and they just weren't connecting until late season/playoffs where he turned into late 2014/early2015 edelman. He's always been a bit fragile so it's nice to have cooks as well in terms of insurance. Of course another factor is Gronk staying healthy as well, and if all of them are healthy this should be the best pats offense we've seen

And whoops has to be brought up, but this is also assuming Tom continues to win the battle against father time.

gspec

Funny, as a saints season ticket holder this trade is done after our first payment is due. They did the same thing with sproles waited until they got the ticket money. Saints fans are going to be pissed.

JaMarco

Funny, as a saints season ticket holder this trade is done after our first payment is due. They did the same thing with sproles waited until they got the ticket money. Saints fans are going to be pissed.
I thought you guys wanted to get rid of Cooks?

mr2xxx

Banned
Great addition by the Skins with the addition of Pryor. With Garcon and D.Jax leaving it left a hole to fill by unproven 1st Rd'er Doctson, luckily that's not a concern this year. The team and FO is a fucking mess but at least we are not the Browns. That's the only silver lining with this team.

Eleuin

I honestly think there's a chance he can be Antonio Brown-like in a couple years. Look at his combine numbers and the stats he put up in college. Belichick has been loving him for years.
You can look at his actual nfl gametape?

The dude is good but his route running will never be close to the same level

He's a burner

Cooks won't approach anything like Antonio Brown. It's not like he's been in a bad offense, he's been in one of the most explosive offenses in the NFL for his career. But, the combination of Cooks + Gronk + Edelman + the running backs will be a near impossible group to stop for any defense, unless Brady gets injured or the offensive line takes a step back.

The rich seem to have gotten richer.

I also think this deal is indicative of the Patriots dishing Garoppolo, as they wouldn't give up a 1st and 3rd without expecting to have something in their back pocket, plus the cap room.

Supposedly Titans offered up the 18th. Not to mention the butler tumors. Settling for 32nd pick must be a bummer after past few days.

Also maybe Cooks didn't want to go to Tennessee. If he signaled that he wouldn't resign a longer deal, then Tennessee could pull back.

JaMarco

Great addition by the Skins with the addition of Pryor. With Garcon and D.Jax leaving it left a hole to fill by unproven 1st Rd'er Doctson, luckily that's not a concern this year. The team and FO is a fucking mess but at least we are not the Browns. That's the only silver lining with this team.
I think I'd rather be the Browns actually at this point.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
How does Belichick get people to agree to those bullshit pick swap things? That's such a bad deal for them lol.

The 30-32nd pick are very valuable because it's lowest on the pay scale with the extra year afforded to the 1st round pick rookie contract but it's also close enough to a second round pick to make it obtainable.

JaMarco

You can look at his actual nfl gametape?

The dude is good but his route running will never be close to the same level

He's a burner
Brown's route running wasn't much better his first few years in the league. He didn't really explode until his 4th season. Cooks is still only 23. Not saying he will be Browns level, just there's a chance if he improves a lot. He has the raw talent/athleticism. We'll see.

JaMarco

Good job by Bulter not signing his tender and blocking the fuck out of any stupid trade for him. I hope he does that all the way to training camp.

PeterGAF

Banned
Good job by Bulter not signing his tender and blocking the fuck out of any stupid trade for him. I hope he does that all the way to training camp.
I've heard a lot of people around here say his agent sucks and doesn't know what he's doing, but obviously if he's advising Butler not to sign the tender then he's doing a pretty good job. Just the smart thing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom