• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

How many players can go play with Tom Brady and have to adjust downward their expectations from the position? Brady just can't throw deep like Brees does

Bread

Banned
This thread is now a pats circle jerk.

See yall later
829099266.gif

squicken

Cooks was whining about not getting enough targets from Brees too. I'm sure BB will keep him in line though.

Didn't know that. Brees has just never relied on one guy, other than Jimmy Graham in the RZ. It's good he got that ring b/c he would otherwise have had Dan Fouts' career as a great QB for teams that couldn't play defense

Quazar

Wtf are niners planning? Pretty sad seeing Kyle just going after people he's played with. Seems like he has no idea how to find talent outside of those.

Honestly it wouldn't shock me if Belichick told Getts that giving them the 72nd pick would make it easier for them to get Cooks out of the division during that trade negotiation.

As for teams shouldn't help the Pats, meh.

Obviously the Panthers were tired of Ealy's inconsistency and saw an opportunity to offload him and Cooks clearly wanted out of NO and the Saints took the best offer they could find.

Not many championships are won in March folks!

cdyhybrid

Wtf are niners planning? Pretty sad seeing Kyle just going after people he's played with. Seems like he has no idea how to find talent outside of those.
The roster sucks and will take years to build. Might as well bring in guys that at least know the system until you can get talent via the draft.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
This is Belichick's first mess up. I'd far rather have Bennett at that deal than traded for Allen.

Well they offered him 8 per. He's a lot more durable and more proven as well so it's strange especially given gronks fragility. It's just bizarre given what other tight ends are getting right now.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Marty B was injured what seems like half the year though. Played through most of it like a champ.

Remember that all numbers, including guaranteed money, are funny in the NFL. Guarantees used to be good until people starting putting in voidable years a few years back so you need to actually read the contract to know for sure how much a player is actually going to get.

So in 2016, the San Diego Chargers were about middle of the pack in terms of average ticket price, about $82 per ticket. The Bears were the most expensive at about $131 per ticket.

The 2017 Los Angeles Chargers average ticket will be about 192 dollars.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So in 2016, the San Diego Chargers were about middle of the pack in terms of average ticket price, about $82 per ticket. The Bears were the most expensive at about $131 per ticket.

Scarcity.

Still the better LA team by a wide margin though. I'm sure someone will go.

Pretty steep.

Also I'm not exactly thrilled about the Broncos overpaying for Watson. Just hope he stays healthy and plays better than Russell "Holding" Okung.

JaMarco

Sounds like Butler is gone as soon as he agrees to an extension with a team he wants to go to...sigh. I hope they at least get a high 1st for him.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Damn Riley Reid got paid

The Tackle market is crazy which is why I really love what Bob Quinn has done. Reiff got paid LT money when he's a solid RT/decent LT.

Quinn knocked it out of the park drafting Taylor Decker in the first round last year. We may have a dominant, franchise LT in Decker.

Beach

Pats got a Reicever who has 1000+ yards and 8 TDs the last two years and is only 23 years old.

Not that he will get close to those stats as a Pat but still a crazy weapon.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Pats got a Reicever who has 1000+ yards and 8 TDs the last two years and is only 23 years old.

Not that he will get close to those stats as a Pat but still a crazy weapon.

Why wouldn't he get close to that?

Sounds like Butler is gone as soon as he agrees to an extension with a team he wants to go to...sigh. I hope they at least get a high 1st for him.

Was there an update?

Benjamin Allbright‏ @AllbrightNFL
I can tell you #Browns offered Pryor a multi-year deal, & a higher APY than the $6mil +$2mil in unlikely to be earned incentives he signed

Mark‏ @markw2112
The Browns gave Kenny Britt the contract they offered Terrelle Pryor. You know that Rosenhaus laughed at it. But now he looks foolish.

Daryl Ruiter‏ @RuiterWrongFAN
Looks like Drew Rosenhaus overplayed it with Terrelle Pryor and it backfired spectacularly.

Pete Smith‏ @_PeteSmith_
No doubt in my mind that pride is part of why Pryor is in Washington. Didn't want to look bad coming back to take Browns deal.

Mary Kay Cabot‏ @MaryKayCabot
Updated: Terrelle Pryor never came back to the #Browns to see if they'd better the #Redskins' offer, source says
the offer was reportedly more then they gave Britt and he could have reached double digits with incentives. I cant say Pryor isn't back with the Browns because the Browns didn't try. they were talking for months, seems like Drew really overestimated the market and was aiming for that top wr dollar 13-15 million a year. honestly kind of think if it wasn't for Drew he would have been signed. pryor didn't look too happy in that skins intro....
fake edit: just saw a mock up of pryor in a skins jersey, almost puked

Hey BG,

What's Up?

Jason La Canfora‏
@JasonLaCanfora

PHI explored trades for back-up QB Chase Daniel, who'd like to compete for a No 1 job. Nothing made sense. Maybe that changes down the line

https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/840392192283803648

why you looking at me hoe, do I look like a Mech to you?

Hunter S.

Lots of people can afford it I am sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom