• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

Agreed, 9-7 is low. I say 13-3, all losses in overtime

HOYER-DANCE-PARTY.gif

Pepiope

Harbaugh took a 6-10 team that was far more talented then what they were accomplishing.

Chip took over one of the worst, if not worst, rosters in the NFL and was given 1 year to turn it around. Not apples to apples here. Far better comparison would be how he took a terrible Eagles team which had talent and turned them around in year 1.

In 2 of his 3 seasons in Philly he went 10-6. This nonsense that he can't coach is garbage. He isn't and shouldn't be a GM but he can coach.

Indy should have fired Pagano and hired him.
He did great for a season and a half, then we went on a 4 game losing streak, Didn't make the playoffs, and he never tried to adjust. I could tell by watching what our play calls were going to be, he just gave up.

He obviously wasn't from Philly because he had no fight in him.

effzee

He did great for a season and a half, then we went on a 4 game losing streak, Didn't make the playoffs, and he never tried to adjust. I could tell by watching what our play calls were going to be, he just gave up.

He obviously wasn't from Philly because he had no fight in him.

That 4 game losing streak was with Sanchez at the helm. What Chip accomplished with old man Vick, flash in the pan Foles, Sanchez, and Bradford says more good about him then bad.

By your no fight not from Philly logic, Pederson shouldn't be here either. None of the players besides Smallwood or Curry either.

It's over with but Chip was more good then bad and had he and Howie not collided and perhaps worked together, I think Eagles would be far better shape.

Harbaugh took a 6-10 team that was far more talented then what they were accomplishing.

Chip took over one of the worst, if not worst, rosters in the NFL and was given 1 year to turn it around. Not apples to apples here. Far better comparison would be how he took a terrible Eagles team which had talent and turned them around in year 1.

In 2 of his 3 seasons in Philly he went 10-6. This nonsense that he can't coach is garbage. He isn't and shouldn't be a GM but he can coach.

Indy should have fired Pagano and hired him.
You are so right except I would let him be my gm. I believe what happened that year was lurie gave him control but only one year to fix things. Hell f Gardner doesn't go down week one maybe the ol can actually block and that year would have been so different. Even with all that he went 7-9 with a team that supposedly ​quit on him. Chip is a really good coach. He has just had the bad luck of being stuck with the 2 worst GM's in the NFL.

effzee

You are so right except I would let him be my gm. I believe what happened that year was lurie gave him control but only one year to fix things. Hell f Gardner doesn't go down week one maybe the ol can actually block and that year would have been so different. Even with all that he went 7-9 with a team that supposedly ​quit on him. Chip is a really good coach. He has just had the bad luck of being stuck with the 2 worst GM's in the NFL.

Maybe if he was given 2-3 seasons as GM / Coach he would have proven out but I do admit he made too many changes at once if the plan wasn't a full rebuild.

In year 3 they had a new QB, starting WRs, RBs, and 2 new guards. Too much all at once for any cohesion.

On top of that I'm still shocked he didn't move heaven and hell to select Mariota when he did have full power. Now I don't know if the rumor is true but there was a supposed deal with Tampa to trade Eagles 1st in 16, 17, plus more picks, and Cox for Tampa #1 and Evans. I would have done it in a heartbeat. And I have to hold that against him.

FTF

Great moves today/so far by the Pats and a much more action packed off season than expected.

Bill and Brady going for those bookend 3 out of 4 SB rings to end their Pats careers like they started.

Oh and Bionic, I didn't pick up a Switch but I did pick up Zelda for WiiU and it's pretty damn amazing.

Great moves today/so far by the Pats and a much more action packed off season than expected.

Bill and Brady going for those bookend 3 out of 4 SB rings to end their Pats careers like they started.

Oh and Bionic, I didn't pick up a Switch but I did pick up Zelda for WiiU and it's pretty damn amazing.

Fuck that, they're going for a threepeat.

Maybe if he was given 2-3 seasons as GM / Coach he would have proven out but I do admit he made too many changes at once if the plan wasn't a full rebuild.

In year 3 they had a new QB, starting WRs, RBs, and 2 new guards. Too much all at once for any cohesion.

On top of that I'm still shocked he didn't move heaven and hell to select Mariota when he did have full power. Now I don't know if the rumor is true but there was a supposed deal with Tampa to trade Eagles 1st in 16, 17, plus more picks, and Cox for Tampa #1 and Evans. I would have done it in a heartbeat. And I have to hold that against him.
Mike evens is super talented but he also has some seriously​bad drops. Not sure I would give all that up for him. I believe he did everything he could to get MM but the account poisoned the well with lurie about trading up for a QB. I don't think chip got anything close to a fair shot.

Quazar

what did you expect them to do? we've done a lot better this year than we have the past few years in FA. we have no one on the roster and a shit load of money. i guarantee you we offered plenty of money to the big name guys (buoye, etc) but you can't force someone onto your team. why would those players want to join a 2-14 team without a QB at this point if another team is offering them similar (even if less) money? $12 million is probably worth more in jax than $16 mil in sf.

but i will say even though i have been happy with FA we need a decent draft this year after baalke has had like 5 straight bad drafts

I just needed FMT perspective. I just feel like we should of made a better move at WR unlike so many other years.

I just needed FMT perspective. I just feel like we should of made a better move at WR unlike so many other years.

The only other good wr is Jeffrey and he's coming off a ped suspension and always injured. I'm sure we offered him but he turned us down. Oh well!

Beyond him and Garcon, who was there? I suppose djax

Fitts

And we're on the board with... Marshall Newhouse. It's a depth signing, but he's on the field more than Watson, (debatably) isn't any worse, he's more versatile, and I'm guessing we didn't have to overpay for him. RT would continue to be the weak link no matter who we signed, so I don't hate this move.

squicken

Howie left him no talent at WR and the OL was depleted. But Chip was the one that let Maclin and DJax go and thought Algholor was a decent replacement. I always get a laugh out of people finally noticing that the Eagles WRs sucked, when the 2015 group was worse than the 2016 version since last year there was at least no Riley Cooper

Jarnet87

As a Bucs fan I am all for the Patriots taking proven players from our division rivals in exchange for the unknown of the draft. Thanks Bill.

The trade didn't include Butler?

Saints.. you dumbasses.. if you're giving up a top weapon at least get fair value.. Butler/Cooks at least makes sense..

Good morning everyone..

1st and 3rd for Cooks seems like a lot.
You got him and got to keep Butler.. why are you complaining.. that's a win.. take the W

foppy79

Holy shit I needed that sleep. 14 hours never felt so good. As for what I missed,

I send my condolences to browns-gaf. It pains me to see a (semi) local go to a team like the skins, who might have to play him at QB when all is said and done. Also, only an one year seems odd. I don't think anyone doubts Pryor's ability compared to the 2 eagles signings. Hopefully this means he gets out of DC that much faster.

Pat's really wanted Cooks I guess. Thought he was going to the Titans after Alshon went to Phily. 1st and a 3rd seems high, but its probably right for a legit #1WR.

Hope Romo doesn't end up in Chicago. Team needs so much rebuilding, and by the time they could get their, Romo will be retired (probably not by choice).

Lol Nolan Carol.

Think that sums it up, back to Zelda.

John Football got engaged.

He's going to settle down and become a family man before he turns his football career around and turns into the All-Pro we all thought he could be!

#blessd
#servicd
#ComebackSZN

Jarnet87

Buccaneers looking at Nick Foles to be the new backup for Jaboo. Sure why not. How about signing some new lineman so we don't have to get Jameis killed and play the backup.

Pepiope

That 4 game losing streak was with Sanchez at the helm. What Chip accomplished with old man Vick, flash in the pan Foles, Sanchez, and Bradford says more good about him then bad.

By your no fight not from Philly logic, Pederson shouldn't be here either. None of the players besides Smallwood or Curry either.

It's over with but Chip was more good then bad and had he and Howie not collided and perhaps worked together, I think Eagles would be far better shape.
What are you even saying?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
BG you need to get back on twitter and just follow Joe Thomas, he has been a treasure.

Also he just posted this photo:

Our starting O-Line and seems Joe has already decided Shon Coleman is the starting RT, might be showing Cam Erving's time with us is soon over.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Origins story: someone from the Browns subreddit made that originally it seems.

I'll still take Shon Coleman over Erving.

edit: Also is John Greco still under contract or what?

edit2: Yup he's a UFA after next season, so there is our backup center and right guard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom