• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter S.

I decide to turn on my PS4 instead of playing some Zelda and am greeted with a software update that is taking 10 minutes to download and install. This is not doing it.

By chance, it happened at a big one that was known about for a long time.
It allows for external hard drive ability like the XL long has had and other things.

I haven't been to PFF in a while (because it's garbage), but are they transitioning away from those arbitrary ass ratings they always tried to pimp? If so good for them.

I actually read a scouting report from their website thasn't plastered with meaningless "ranked 77th" and "122.5 bullshit points on PFFs super secret algorithm that we never explain".

Hunter S.

I haven't been to PFF in a while (because it's garbage), but are they transitioning away from those arbitrary ass ratings they always tried to pimp? If so good for them.

I actually read a scouting report from their website thasn't plastered with meaningless "ranked 77th" and "122.5 bullshit points on PFFs super secret algorithm that we never explain".
Why would they give the public the algorithm Makes no sense.

Why would they give the public the algorithm Makes no sense.

So you know what the fuck their rankings mean? All good sports algorithms have an explanation tied to them. That's why they're used.

I feel PFF is backing off of it because too many people are like me and say "this shit makes no sense, and doesn't line up with anybody but PFF."

PFF called Fernando Velasco better than Maurkice Pouncey. Guess which one is out of the league.

Belichick cut a player that had a high PFF ranking. When asked about it, head Belichick nut licker Joe Lombardi actually gave a poignant response (paraphrased); "who are you going to believe, Belichick or some stats site with guys watching their TV?" This is who i'm to consider an authority? A website who's data is wholly ignored by the best teams?

lol at the Cowboys taking a TE in the first round. They have more need at DE, CB and now RT than a TE. I could see them taking one later in the draft closer to rounds 4 or 5.

didn't people said the same about RB last year?
you pick the best player avaibale

maybe the cowboys will trade down for a team, that wants to have a fifth year option on a potential franchise QB.
28th pick is before PIT and NO and all SF, JAX and CHI maybe want to be first to decide what QB to pick

all under the assumption, that no QB or max 1 QB is already taken in the first round.

Hunter S.

So you know what the fuck their rankings mean? All good sports algorithms have an explanation tied to them. That's why they're used.

I feel PFF is backing off of it because too many people are like me and say "this shit makes no sense, and doesn't line up with anybody but PFF."

PFF called Fernando Velasco better than Maurkice Pouncey. Guess which one is out of the league.

Belichick cut a player that had a high PFF ranking. When asked about it, head Belichick nut licker Joe Lombardi actually gave a poignant response (paraphrased); "who are you going to believe, Belichick or some stats site with guys watching their TV?" This is who i'm to consider an authority? A website who's data is wholly ignored by the best teams?

You have analyzed more than me. I don't look so deep. No need to. A lot of twitter people like it, so whatever.

You have analyzed more than me. I don't look so deep. No need to. A lot of twitter people like it, so whatever.

Well, respect to you for admitting it, but I guess this is the age we live in. People are happy shitting out numbers with no context as long as it makes their argument look good.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Well, respect to you for admitting it, but I guess this is the age we live in. People are happy shitting out numbers with no context as long as it makes their argument look good.

I hope NBC stops using those rankings during their game broadcasts.

I hope NBC stops using those rankings during their game broadcasts.

They won't - Collinsworth owns PFF.

I still don't know what those numbers are supposed to be in relation to. I'm guessing that player's ranking against all the other players of that position in the league (again, weighted by their bullshit algorithm).

Duxxy3

It seems like it's pretty much a done deal he's going to NO :/

We'll see.

The team is immediately worse if we trade him. If I was in Bill's seat I'd wait for a tender offer to come in. If it's something he's willing to match, then match it. If it's not then the Pats get the 11th.

Let the RFA process play out. I don't think Malcom will sit out at all. This isn't a Mankins situation.

hom3land

We'll see.

The team is immediately worse if we trade him. If I was in Bill's seat I'd wait for a tender offer to come in. If it's something he's willing to match, then match it. If it's not then the Pats get the 11th.

Let the RFA process play out. I don't think Malcom will sit out at all. This isn't a Mankins situation.

If it was any other team I'd agree. But Sean Payton and Bill seem pretty close. Don't think the pats would use the Saints like that.

JaMarco

We'll see.

That's clearly what they should do as the Patriots have all the leverage in this situation, but this just seems like a case where Belichick is going to help his buddy Sean Payton out and give him an elite player for cheap. Sucks.

Duxxy3

That's clearly what they should do as the Patriots have all the leverage in this situation, but this just seems like a case where Belichick is going to help his buddy Sean Payton out and give him an elite player for cheap. Sucks.

Man I hope not.

I mean an undrafted player for a first rounder is a fantastic deal for us, on paper. A 27 year old #1 corner for the 32nd pick... that seems like a crap deal.

didn't people said the same about RB last year?
you pick the best player avaibale

maybe the cowboys will trade down for a team, that wants to have a fifth year option on a potential franchise QB.
28th pick is before PIT and NO and all SF, JAX and CHI maybe want to be first to decide what QB to pick

all under the assumption, that no QB or max 1 QB is already taken in the first round.

Your right, but i feel if we don't do something for this defense, its going to be even worse this year.

jbug617

Banned
Capcom is doing it boys. Sorry no love for the JCB though. Not bad for $20.

032253078a3e2237563d6a5e9fdb14b0.png

Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers and Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers 2 – Bring in a friend for classic co-op Capcom platforming action as one of you plays as Chip, and the other as Dale.

Darkwing Duck – Jump in the shoes of superhero Darkwing Duck and fight crime with lots of charm and wits.

DuckTales and DuckTales 2 – Embark on classic treasure seeking adventures through exotic stages as the pogo master millionaire Scrooge McDuck.

TaleSpin – Take to the skies as rad pilot Baloo in a unique take on the shoot 'em up genre, where you get to change the direction of your plane at any time.

Hindl

The more I see of OJ Howard, the more I hope and dream he falls to 14, and the more I realize there's no way that happens

Your right, but i feel if we don't do something for this defense, its going to be even worse this year.

yes. that's why i hope we get some picks for the fourth round in a trade down
plenty of depth on the defensive side this year

and i want at least a late second / early third round for romo

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
They won't - Collinsworth owns PFF.

I still don't know what those numbers are supposed to be in relation to. I'm guessing that player's ranking against all the other players of that position in the league (again, weighted by their bullshit algorithm).

It's dumb with no context for the casual viewer.

"Hey our center is ranked in the top 20 but our CBs must suck"

Tom Penny

ESPN needs to create new player ratings based on how they accurately invented QBR.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
1o5nh4i.gif

Rescue Rangers is such an underrated game. So good.

Definitely underrated in the modern era.

I remember reading all about it when it was on the cover of Nintendo Power and being hype as fuck for it! Then again there were a lot of huge turds on the cover for that magazine.

I really liked the Chip & Dale game. I didn't even know Talespin had one but I wasn't a big Talespin kid. That has to eventually come to Switch and I'll just wait for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom