• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarnet87

I decide to turn on my PS4 instead of playing some Zelda and am greeted with a software update that is taking 10 minutes to download and install. This is not doing it.

...they're already here.

You didn't get the invite?

...oh....oh. :
Poor Gata

giphy.gif

Was talking to a client that works for ESPN. Tried talking football. "I'm gonna stop you right there. Just because I work for ESPN doesn't mean I like sports. It's just a job"

I wanted to respond with:
"Don't let that distract you from the fact ESPN blew their position as #1 ranked cable sports network and are about to layoff $100m in personnel"

But didnt. Because I'm a puss.

bionic77

It's insane how carp nintendo is with restocking consoles.
More insane how fucking good Zelda is.

Imagine how hard it would be to make the Jets a real football team with their ownership. I am more impressed by what they did in Zelda than the Jets being good.

brentech

Was talking to a client that works for ESPN. Tried talking football. "I'm gonna stop you right there. Just because I work for ESPN doesn't mean I like sports. It's just a job"

"Don't let that distract you from the fact ESPN blew their position as #1 ranked cable sports network and are about to layoff $100m in personnel"

is that supposed to be a sick burn?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
More insane how fucking good Zelda is.

Imagine how hard it would be to make the Jets a real football team with their ownership. I am more impressed by what they did in Zelda than the Jets being good.

People thought that Nintendo was crazy for going to E3 with only this game.

People thought that Nintendo was going to delay this past the Switches launch.

People thought that Horizon was Zelda but better.

People thought that Nintendo couldn't release the best game ever.

Nintendo stays winning.

cdyhybrid

Possibly because you're an ass.

"I don't like sports"

"Enjoy getting laid off!"

bionic77

I don't think anyone outside of the JCBs knew this was coming and even we are shocked by the intensity of the servicing even when we knew about it in advance!

As the president of NFL-GAF Europe, I take these allegations by my American collegues of ties to Russia very serious and will respond accordingly.

It's insane how carp nintendo is with restocking consoles.
Curious if the slow roll is so they can address manufacturing defects (there's 2 we know of, right? Joycon connectivity and some bad docks leading to screen scratches) before they ramp up.

Not sure what the lead time would be, but I'd imagine they'll get a handle on it within a few months, they're leaving money on the table if they don't.

Curious if the slow roll is so they can address manufacturing defects (there's 2 we know of, right? Joycon connectivity and some bad docks leading to screen scratches) before they ramp up.

Not sure what the lead time would be, but I'd imagine they'll get a handle on it within a few months, they're leaving money on the table if they don't.

Nintendo likley decided to be conservative as fuck when deciding the production amount for the first 2 months; in order to avoid another Wii U situation with the launch units sitting on selves for months. I'm doubtful the Joycon/Dock issues are the reason for the low stock at the moment, I doubt they will bother to fix these issues until later in the year when they start ramping up production for the holiday batches.

bionic77

Well this is true at least
Be interesting to see how Zelda ages.

I remember being blown the fuck away when I was playing Super Metroid but back then I was never thinking that this or that game was the best of all time. I never thought that until I played Mario64 and I have no desire to go back and play Mario64, yet I could play Super Metroid and Chrono Trigger every year for the rest of my life and still be excited to finish them each play through.

Zelda is so fucking big and intense I am not sure how much I am going to want to return to it in 5+ years but only time will tell.

Beefy

@Rapsheet
LB Dont'a Hightower is slated to make a call today: #Patriots, #Steelers or #Jets. Those involved expect he'll head home to NE. Stay tuned.

jmdajr

Be interesting to see how Zelda ages.

I remember being blown the fuck away when I was playing Super Metroid but back then I was never thinking that this or that game was the best of all time. I never thought that until I played Mario64 and I have no desire to go back and play Mario64, yet I could play Super Metroid and Chrono Trigger every year for the rest of my life and still be excited to finish them each play through.

Zelda is so fucking big and intense I am not sure how much I am going to want to return to it in 5+ years but only time will tell.

This is all truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom