• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Proud to announce that I've signed a one year deal to play Mass Effect: Andromeda exclusively on...Xbox One!*

*Pending the results of the DF framerate analysis. Rumors say it aint so hot on the MS box.

Proud to announce that I've signed a one year deal to play Mass Effect: Andromeda exclusively on...Xbox One!*

*Pending the results of the DF framerate analysis. Rumors say it aint so hot on the MS box.

PC. All of the great graphics and online infrastructure, less of the cost (and forced upgrades, but apparently MS says no games are going to be mandatory for Scorpio so honestly what the fuck is the point seriously.)

BigAT

Guys all these Disney game mentions and you fail to post the best one?

250px-DucktalesNESCover1.jpg

Everyone already knows Ducktales is the GOAT, I thought Rescue Rangers needed some recognition too. Plus there was already that remaster a few years ago that was solid.

Wedzi

Banned
Rex Burkhead is a Pate.

They just too stacked.

Bengals fan here who watched him play a lot in the last few games of the season when they shut down Hill.

He's good. He has every down ability plus has alright break away speed and has the patients for blocks to open up for him. I don't know if he's a replacement for Blount as a north south down hill runner but he's not terrible between the tackles.

If anyone cares Andre Smith is coming back to Cincy. Visions of his combine flood my memory.

I cant wait to play the game early on Xbox One. Thank god MS is for the players and allowed EA Access on their system.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Capcom is doing it boys. Sorry no love for the JCB though. Not bad for $20.

032253078a3e2237563d6a5e9fdb14b0.png

This is pretty cool.

I'm still holding out for hope they do a Megaman X collection.
I already have it on PS2, have X4 and 5 on ps3/Vita but I want the collection on PS4 with the updates and shit!

I cant wait to play the game early on Xbox One. Thank god MS is for the players and allowed EA Access on their system.

Sony is so fucking stupid with this.

jbug617

Banned
PC. All of the great graphics and online infrastructure, less of the cost (and forced upgrades, but apparently MS says no games are going to be mandatory for Scorpio so honestly what the fuck is the point seriously.)

MS said there can't be Scorpio only game. I'm sure 3rd Party will take advantage of more powerful hardware.

MS said there can't be Scorpio only game. I'm sure 3rd Party will take advantage of more powerful hardware.

Phil spencer just did a bunch of media like a week ago and he talked about all the advantages the extra power would have for devs. Games have to be able to run on both Scorpio and vanilla Xbox One but the Scorpio versions will run better/look better plus whatever else devs want to do with the extra power.

Wedzi

Banned
Phil spencer just did a bunch of media like a week ago and he talked about all the advantages the extra power would have for devs. Games have to be able to run on both Scorpio and vanilla Xbox One but the Scorpio versions will run better/look better plus whatever else devs want to do with the extra power.

There was also an article floating around about a "boost mode" on Scorpio for Xbox One games that aren't patched so there's that. Will be interesting to see what kind of difference the two teraflops and extra RAM over the PS4 Pro will do.

Duxxy3

Michael Silver‏Verified account
@MikeSilver

Follow
More
According to source familiar with the negotiations, the Jets have been out of the Hightower market since he left the building @nflnetwork

Brutal. Came for the cupcakes and left. What a dick.

There was also an article floating around about a "boost mode" on Scorpio for Xbox One games that aren't patched so there's that. Will be interesting to see what kind of difference the two teraflops and extra RAM over the PS4 Pro will do.

Totally worked for Kinect.

Fantomex

I decide to turn on my PS4 instead of playing some Zelda and am greeted with a software update that is taking 10 minutes to download and install. This is not doing it.

This is life under Sony and Microsoft. (It's a good update though)

It's insane how carp nintendo is with restocking consoles.

True. And to add to that, It's insane how long the JETS have been awful. Therefore you should be very familiar with failure.

People thought that Nintendo was crazy for going to E3 with only this game.

People thought that Nintendo was going to delay this past the Switches launch.

People thought that Horizon was Zelda but better.

People thought that Nintendo couldn't release the best game ever.

This is a factual statement and is backed by Major League Baseball. Any other use of this telecast or any pictures, descriptions, or accounts of the game without consent is prohibited

Scorpio going to take out PS4 and Switch in one swoop.

And the Pats will win a legit Super Bowl too.

Boost mode? I remember that somewhere...where have I seen something like that before?

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAO6AAAAJDBjMmI0NTE4LTUyNWItNGJiOS1iOGRlLTI4YjdjZTRmMmEwYw.jpg

What worked for kinect, what are you talking about?

Kinect wasn't "forced". Third party devs where free to do what they wanted with it. What did they end up doing? Nothing.

The XBone Classic vs Scorpio market at launch is going to be 100 to 1. If third party devs don't have to program for Scorpio and all of the install base is playing the Classic, why the fuck are they going to do extra work?

chadskin

@AdamSchefter:
Dont'a Hightower is returning to the New England Patriots, sources tell ESPN. New England's off-season rolls on.

noooooooo

Duxxy3

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 59s59 seconds ago
More
Dont'a Hightower is returning to the New England Patriots, sources tell ESPN. New England's off-season rolls on.

Woo fucking hooooooooo!!!!

Kinect wasn't "forced". Third party devs where free to do what they wanted with it. What did they end up doing? Nothing.

The XBone Classic vs Scorpio market at launch is going to be 100 to 1. If third party devs don't have to program for Scorpio and all of the install base is playing the Classic, why the fuck are they going to do extra work?

How is the PS4 pro doing? It is the exact same situation. Devs will add 4k/boost modes to their games because it is future proofing and it costs very little to add. When people do pick up these 4k consoles they are going to want games that show them off, it would be silly for devs to ignore those potential future sales.

Duxxy3

How is the PS4 pro doing? It is the exact same situation. Devs will add 4k/boost modes to their games because it is future proofing and it costs very little to add. When people do pick up these 4k consoles they are going to want games that show them off, it would be silly for devs to ignore those potential future sales.

I think the PS4 pro was a little different. The PS4 was already the most powerful console on the market. The demand for an even more powerful console was pretty weak.

The XB1's abilities have been bashed since day one. Now it's the third most powerful console, yet it still has a loyal base of users that stick with it for various reasons.

I fully plan to get a Scorpio because for a couple of reasons. My friends and family are on there. I vastly prefer the XB1 controller over the DS4. The network is a bit more stable than PSN.

I'm not celebrating yet till I see the numbers. Overpaying for him would be a bad thing, he's not worth elite ILB money.

Don't care. Just glad he's back.

@AdamSchefter:

noooooooo
Belichick proves to another one of his players that he's a system guy and there was never any real market for him.

Of course the PS4 is the same situation. It's all a waste to get maroons to upgrade hardware. Even these upgraded consoles can't play these games in 4k @60fps. By the time 4k has penetration, Bam! New consoles.

Duxxy3

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 2m2 minutes ago
More
The #Patriots and star LB @zeus30hightower reach a deal for 4 years, $43.5M, $19M guaranteed, per @_sportstrust.

I'm good with that.

Duxxy3

They've insisted up and down that they won't, and that Classic will be the default. So basically, Scorpio is DOA to all but early adopters and tech fetishists.

Give it a couple years after launch. You'll start to see Scorpio/Pro exclusives. Or exclusives modes at least.

They've insisted up and down that they won't, and that Classic will be the default. So basically, Scorpio is DOA to all but early adopters and tech fetishists.

Going forward they have said that they want all consoles to be forward/backwards compatible. So they could reach a point where games are developed for scorpio and run 4k 60fps on it, and they are 1080p 30fps on Xbox One. Hell we have had that situation for years where games ran better on PC then on PS3/Xbox 360 and no one rioted in the streets or anything. I have no doubt going forward that some games PC?Scorpio will be the lead platform and they will port the game to Xbox One. Scorpio is for the people who want them best versions of games, if you are happy with the way games run on Xbox One then of course you can stick with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom