• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Bill did similar things in 14 when he signed Revis. They face Hopkins, Watkins, keenan allen, Landry, AB, Julio, Mike Williams, Cooper, Sanders Demarius etc this year.

14 was scary at first. Edelman was up in the air out visiting the browns and others after losing Welker the year before, and it felt like the Don was outclassing bill across the board. TJ ward, Emanuel Sanders, ware, snagged talib from us, etc. Just loading up. Meanwhile we hadn't really done much of anything until the revis signing and after that browner. Then we signed Brandon lafell for probably too much money, but compared to collie and Dobson he was god tier.

DMczaf

wK2Nj5H.jpg

Banned.

Striker

Away: Steelers, Bucs, Saints, Raiders, Broncos, Bills, Dolphins, Jets
Home: Texans, Panthers, Falcons, Chargers, Chiefs, Bills, Dolphins, Jets

So... Brown, Mike Evans, Michael Thomas, Amari Cooper, DT/Sanders, Watkins, Landry/Stills/Parker, Hopkins/Fuller/Miller, Benjamin/Olsen, Julio, ?? and the chefs with whatever they have.
kelcepunch.0.gif

cdyhybrid

Per Bob McGinn:

Eddie Lacy's 1-yr, $4.25M deal w/Sea includes weight clause linked to a $385,000 workout bonus. S-bonus of $1.5M. Base of $1.365 guaranteed.

I'm cool with that. Excited to see what he can do for us.

Fitts

Andre Holmes to the Bills... 3 yrs, $4.5 mil.

I expected him to leave, but it sucks that he's going to be stuck in Buffalo. He's pretty unremarkable, but I liked him regardless.

Edit: oh now he's saying he hasn't signed anywhere yet?

effzee

Why did the Eagles let Logan go?

With Barwin gone, Curry a bust, and now Logan to the Chiefs, the Dline went from strength to very lacking now.

What's the plan here? Logan was a great leader character guy on top of being a solid to really good DT.

Hindl

So question for someone who understands the cap. Alshon Jeffery's contract isn't $14M, its $9.5M with $4.5M in incentives for yards, games played, and a Pro Bowl appearance. So is the full $14M the cap hit, with the $4.5M reimbursed to next year's cap if the incentives aren't hit, or is it $9.5M and the incentives don't count until next year?

With Barwin gone, Curry a bust, and now Logan to the Chiefs, the Dline went from strength to very lacking now.

What's the plan here? Logan was a great leader character guy on top of being a solid to really good DT.

Lack of money + he's not worth a big contract. I would've loved to have him back, but he's a great run stuffing DT that isn't great at rushing the passer. You can replace that. You can tell this by how he basically needed to do a 1 year prove it deal with the chiefs, even though he's been solid his whole career. He's great, but was just a cap casualty. I wouldn't be surprised if the Eagles draft along the DL in the 1st three rounds this year. Plus he's a more natural NT than DT

Gronk 0.1

Granted his party tied for second.. but.. they still lost according to exit polls.. although I have to ask Dutch.. why the hell does the poll worker smash down the votes in the ballot box like they're in a fucking winery?

Why not just get a different box?

I have no fucking clue.

And second place is fine, since nobody is going to touch him so he'll have 0 say in anything. This just means he can bitch and moan again for the next couple of years, without doing anything.

Yeah it really sucks to lose him, especially for only $7m. Eagles are right against the cap so they couldnt bring back everyone. I really hope the next GM is much better with managing the cap. Packers are paying a QB over $20m a year and I feel like they always have a ton of room under the cap. Maybe they could fire robot Ted and he could come to Philly and teach howie how contracts work. The whole paying guys big money before they break out thing works when the guys break out, but when you are paying Vinny "2 sacks" Curry almost $10m it is a killer. I am really curious how this team is going to look when Wentz is eating up $20m a year of cap space.

Striker

Lack of money + he's not worth a big contract. I would've loved to have him back, but he's a great run stuffing DT that isn't great at rushing the passer. You can replace that. You can tell this by how he basically needed to do a 1 year prove it deal with the chiefs, even though he's been solid his whole career. He's great, but was just a cap casualty. I wouldn't be surprised if the Eagles draft along the DL in the 1st three rounds this year. Plus he's a more natural NT than DT
Under the right scheme it can work. Giants use Snacks in a similar light and he was always talked about as a strictly 3-4 NT because he doesn't have the pass rush skill. I am glad Logan is gone, he was a wall to move. I was going to say watch the Eagles sign John Hankins now (who's been quietly in FA a while now, which is really strange) but they seem to have not much money, either.

Under the right scheme it can work. Giants use Snacks in a similar light and he was always talked about as a strictly 3-4 NT because he doesn't have the pass rush skill. I am glad Logan is gone, he was a wall to move. I was going to say watch the Eagles sign John Hankins now (who's been quietly in FA a while now, which is really strange) but they seem to have not much money, either.

Hankins came in for a visit but I guess he wasnt willing to play for cheesesteaks.

Hindl

Yeah I wish they kept him because he's a Top 10 run stuffing DT, and he did pretty well last year. His pass rush never fully developed and he had nagging injuries. I'm giving most of the DL a pass for last year though since with our CBs, QBs could just chuck it up in a literal second. That's not sarcasm, go watch the Packers game, they timed it and Rodgers was getting it out in about 1.5 seconds.

As for Hankins, interesting that you mentioned him:

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...s-giants-player-bennie-logan-defensive-tackle

I’m told that the NFC East-rival Philadelphia Eagles have been showing Hankins “lots of love” in the event they lose their own free-agent defensive tackle, Bennie Logan. The Arizona Cardinals, Denver Broncos and Cleveland Browns are also said to have interest in Hankins, with a couple of other teams lurking.

The Eagles don't really have the cap space to sign him, but Hankins would be great if they can swing it

Striker

As for Hankins, interesting that you mentioned him:

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...s-giants-player-bennie-logan-defensive-tackle

The Eagles don't really have the cap space to sign him, but Hankins would be great if they can swing it
People need to stop referencing sack numbers. 7 out of 10 of them came in 2014. I won't criticize him for 2015 because Reese put garbage on the line with him and he got hurt. But last season he never had to deal with double teams or anything but still wasn't doing much for pass rush. He was taken off the field on 3rd down often because of it. I would love him back but not for a big price he and his agent are looking for. Most likely, I see him getting a 1 yr deal somewhere so he can try to get a big deal next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom