• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.
omni i regret to inform you that your application to pats nation has been denied.

on the positive side, there is space for you if you decide to root for all teams. look at it this way, you are still a pats fan but you get to also root for every other team!
lol Michael Jordan captured all my attention in the 90's man...I barely know who drew is lol

BigAT

So question for someone who understands the cap. Alshon Jeffery's contract isn't $14M, its $9.5M with $4.5M in incentives for yards, games played, and a Pro Bowl appearance. So is the full $14M the cap hit, with the $4.5M reimbursed to next year's cap if the incentives aren't hit, or is it $9.5M and the incentives don't count until next year?

Overthecap is usually pretty good about this stuff, they show Jeffery's cap hit as $9.5M for this year. Which I believe means the incentives that are in his contract don't count against the cap if he hits them.

Basically incentives in a contract need to actually be difficult for a player to reach in order to not count against the cap. I don't know the exact criteria the NFL uses, but you couldn't, for example, give a WR a $1 million contract with a $10M incentive if he has 10 receptions in an effort to circumvent the salary cap.

Doomsayer

I think this it the most welcoming I've ever seen this thread when a new Pats fan comes in.

I must say; I'm proud of you guys... also, disgusted. Mostly proud though.

Mostly disgusted.

Hindl

Man the Bionic/Sanjuro tag team is gonna be great

Overthecap is usually pretty good about this stuff, they show Jeffery's cap hit as $9.5M for this year. Which I believe means the incentives that are in his contract don't count against the cap if he hits them.

Basically incentives in a contract need to actually be difficult for a player to reach in order to not count against the cap. I don't know the exact criteria the NFL uses, but you couldn't, for example, give a WR a $1 million contract with a $10M incentive if he has 10 receptions in an effort to circumvent the salary cap.

Alright thanks that's what I figured. And yeah, to get the full $14M Jeffery would need to go to the Pro Bowl, so it's pretty hard to hit. That's pretty interesting though to make them not count. Interesting wrinkle in contracts

Fitts

Ken is the greatest of all time and you know it...I'm team blondie

Ken
Cammy
Guile

Maybe Sakura sometimes...but Ken has been my main forever. I'm fairly competent at SFV too. According to GAF I'm one of the "GAF bosses" on the forum lol. Cheesy but made me proud, tho I'm rusty right now haven't played in months

Eh, I just don't like Ken because my big bro mained him in vanilla SFII.

SFV gets a bad rap on gaf. Game feels amazing coming from IV. I really enjoy playing Birdie, Mika, Gief, and Boxer but haven't kept up with the season 2 changes much and have fallen out with competitive play in general. I'm sure I'll return to it at some point as I should be finishing a MAME-and-more cab next month.

Sanji tagging with Bionic?

giphy.gif

Scust @ Ken Masters hate

Eh, I just don't like Ken because my big bro mained him in vanilla SFII.

SFV gets a bad rap on gaf. Game feels amazing coming from IV. I really enjoy playing Birdie, Mika, Gief, and Boxer but haven't kept up with the season 2 changes much and have fallen out with competitive play in general. I'm sure I'll return to it at some point as I should be finishing a MAME-and-more cab next month.
It's fair tho...great mechanics, but they needed much more content, especially with how MK got rebooted. I do love the game tho

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Hope you have thick skin!

I'm probably biased but I like to think we're way nicer than your average thread in the OT about:

Politics
World affairs
Sociology
Psychology
Race and minority relations
History

People get super fucking heated or are incredibly condescending in threads like that. Ironically our most combative and aggressive posters are Pats fans now that ez is perm'd!

I'm probably biased but I like to think we're way nicer than your average thread in the OT about:

Politics
World affairs
Sociology
Psychology
History

People get super fucking heated or are incredibly condescending in threads like that. Ironically our most combative and aggressive posters are Pats fans now that ez is perm'd!

1. fuck you, 2. we're pretty nice. but ppl act super aggressive towards new pats fans especially during the season, see the Superbowl thread. some of you guys get real weird about it, like pats fans stole your cats or worse cut in front of you in jamba juice

Hmm seems like you're fitting in pretty well... need a few more tests tho

Popeyes or KFC? Popeyes, that chicken is hardly replicable, I've tried!
Romo Yay or Nay? Yay! Romo is great, just got bad fortunes
Blond or Brunnett (or other)? Long as the booty is right I'm alright. But I learn towards Brunnet
Cats or other? Cats, you gotta earn their respect!
lol...you guys are my type of people

Hindl

Chris just found a new best friend

Edit: I'm watching a stream of ME: A, and I'm not sure if they sent out an old build or something? It looks horrible

Edit 2: That island was dope as shit. I heard of people telling me to go to it so I didn't naturally stumble across it, but what you do there is awesome

bionic77

I got to that certain island and I feel like Albert Einstein was a moron next to me after completing it.

DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU HAVE DONE THIS. YOU NEED TO DO THIS GOING IN BLIND!

The two highlights were:

killing the monster with lightening by laying my sword on top of him in a thunder storm and for the last ball using a octo balloon to lift it up and then leaf it over the water to the last stone.

1. fuck you, 2. we're pretty nice. but ppl act super aggressive towards new pats fans especially during the season, see the Superbowl thread. some of you guys get real weird about it, like pats fans stole your cats or worse cut in front of you in jamba juice

Sneak peak into BrownsGAF power rankings.

1. BlackGhost.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
1. fuck you, 2. we're pretty nice. but ppl act super aggressive towards new pats fans especially during the season, see the Superbowl thread.

Random lifelongs that are dialed up to 11 in talking shit are always going to rub people wrong though. Especially when they're fans of a team that has won 5 Super Bowls in the last decade and a half, it's hard to enjoy that with them.

So usually it's a combination of a lack of tact, a lack of self awareness of being a fan of a ridiculously successful franchise, and only showing up for the Super Bowl win that puts people off in those threads.

Politics
World affairs
Sociology
Psychology
History

Yes all pats fans are the worst, I agree

Bread

Banned
fuck you friend, thank you

Or the pats stole your teams super bowl.

JABEE

America's dignity is more important than Jamba Juice. Pats fans are welcome in this thread.

bionic77

Don't forget he is also pro PS4 and anti-consumer. Truly the worst.
Zelda is not for him.

Instead I am going to suggest he plays Ghost Recon Wildlands. The dialogue about people being fuck sticks and the brain dead gameplay seem more in line with the things he likes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom