• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hindl

Okay I can't take it anymore

I'm cancelling my preorder until I see some reviews

Early impressions are that the first couple hours are fucking dreadful and it's glitchy, but the game gets better once you get to the first planet, and the MP is good

i almost want to buy mass effect just so i can laugh at the faces in cutscenes, god damn that looks bad.

Sounds like prime Breadstream content

Jarnet87

Is Vincent Jackson staying with the Bucs?

I believe last season was the final year of his deal and he is a UFA. Haven't seen any recent reports on him signing a new deal with the Bucs, and with signing DJax I imagine it would have to be an extremely incentive based deal. The word was Vincent was a goner the second he got injured.

MechDX

Dega plushies!

C7I1BMnXgAA9RHg.jpg:large

I believe last season was the final year of his deal and he is a UFA. Haven't seen any recent reports on him signing a new deal with the Bucs, and with signing DJax I imagine it would have to be an extremely incentive based deal. The word was Vincent was a goner the second he got injured.

Darn. I want to have VJax there as a 3rd option. Our WR core would be insane.

I do like Humphries though.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Early impressions are that the first couple hours are fucking dreadful and it's glitchy, but the game gets better once you get to the first planet, and the MP is good

Sounds like prime Breadstream content

Yeah I'm concerned about the whole package and if the game can even run well with a stock 2500k and a 970. I'm assuming it should be fine but I was having trouble finding benchmarks for that combo.

If the game turns out to be good and this is just some early glitchy bullshit then it's just a download away to buy and play.

tomorrow I turn 27

does that make me an old?

I hate you so much for asking that

tomorrow I turn 27

does that make me an old?

Two of my daughters also have birthdays tomorrow (not twins like Bionic). Congrats on the old.

In football news, I really like the Brandon Carr signing. Ravens have made moves in their secondary which they've sorely needed for a few seasons. I was bitching about our offseason the first few days, but they've made some pretty good moves since. Draft will be huge.

Two of my daughters also have birthdays tomorrow (not twins like Bionic). Congrats on the old.

In football news, I really like the Brandon Carr signing. Ravens have made moves in their secondary which they've sorely needed for a few seasons. I was bitching about our offseason the first few days, but they've made some pretty good moves since. Draft will be huge.

Good luck with that breh

What Colin doesn't have a job and won't? Shock shock I say! The man was bound to be Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf'd and this isn't a surprise. Colin has the ability to be a good QB[/], but a lot of these owners and GMs are not exactly of the liberal, protest your feelings, type.

No he doesn't, last season he was 30th in air yards, he's uncomfortable in the pocket with poor pocket instincts, can't read defenses and can't go through his progressions, combine that with poor footwork, inconsistent accuracy and slow delivery, there are a ton of flaws in his game that can't be fixed or masked by running the pistol, sometimes he forces the laser in or makes the big run, he can be exciting to watch but he's a piss poor signal caller.

He's not a good candidate as a backup because you have to change to pistol for him to be effective.

bionic77

It is weird how quickly people get sick of franchises. A few years ago people were so in love with Mass Effect. One bad ending in 3 and now the tide has turned just like that.

People seem to lose interest in most franchises quickly (it doesn't help when the people making Mass Effect obviously did not give a fuck based on the glitches and shitty ass quality I have seen so far). Other then Nintendo and Blizzard franchises which other franchises are evergreen?

I would say Madden, FIFA and GTA are the only ones I can think of that have really long ass legs. Anything else I missed that is still as relevant as when it first came on the scene?

It is weird how quickly people get sick of franchises. A few years ago people were so in love with Mass Effect. One bad ending in 3 and now the tide has turned just like that.

People seem to lose interest in most franchises quickly (it doesn't help when the people making Mass Effect obviously did not give a fuck based on the glitches and shitty ass quality I have seen so far). Other then Nintendo and Blizzard franchises which other franchises are evergreen?

I would say Madden, FIFA and GTA are the only ones I can think of that have really long ass legs. Anything else I missed that is still as relevant as when it first came on the scene?

Dynasty Warriors

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Madden is on the decline from a units sold perspective but not a revenue one.

jmdajr

The hammering ME is getting is amazing. I think most every game I like and subsequent games have been hated on.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

For me, it's Forza/GT

Forza is probably on a decline. GT6 should have been on PS4, which took a big hit on sales compared to 5.

We'll see what happens with GT Sport and eventually 7, when it comes out in 2020 on PS5.

LionPride

Banned
No he doesn't, last season he was 30th in air yards, he's uncomfortable in the pocket with poor pocket instincts, can't read defenses and can't go through his progressions, combine that with poor footwork, inconsistent accuracy and slow delivery, there are a ton of flaws in his game that can't be fixed or masked by running the pistol, sometimes he forces the laser in or makes the big run, he can be exciting to watch but he's a piss poor signal caller.

He's not a good candidate as a backup because you have to change to pistol for him to be effective.
I believe he still has talent despite his arm being shot for an entire season and flip flopping between him and Blaine "People really thought he'd be good? His name is Blaine Gabbert for fuck's sake" Gabbert for an entire season. Colin deserves another chance, he's a helluva lot better than some people backing up QBs. Could even be a starter.

But he won't get the chance because dat 'cism

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Call of Duty and Battlefield still sell copies by the truckload even if they're on the decline I suppose.

Counterstrike has been around for almost 20 years and still more popular than ever.

NBA2k is the only other sports title that comes to mind immediately

Civilization is bigger than ever supposedly and that's been out for over 20 years

Also Doom and Wolfenstein are back in a big way.

Metal Gear has been out for what? 30 years? That franchise might be coming to an end though.

Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter still sell in the millions

Elder Scrolls still going strong for 20 years

Far Cry is getting up there in age but I think the last one didn't do so well?

But you're generally right in that there might only be, at most, two dozen properties that people get hyped for consistently.

Edit: completely spaced on Gran Turismo and another vote for Final Fantasy

Kingdom Hearts also gets people going and that's getting up there in age. A lot of the PS2 franchises that carried over are kinda old now.

I believe he still has talent despite his arm being shot for an entire season and flip flopping between him and Blaine "People really thought he'd be good? His name is Blaine Gabbert for fuck's sake" Gabbert for an entire season. Colin deserves another chance, he's a helluva lot better than some people backing up QBs. Could even be a starter.

But he won't get the chance because dat 'cism

What talent are you referring to? He's a 29 year old QB who can't operate in the pocket, you can't expect teams to run the pistol when defensive coordinators have figured out how to shut it down.

JPP contract is actually 40m guaranteed, not the 53-54 million previously reported and a big chunk is the 20 million signing bonus right up front. Much more digestible.

Mindlog

I get the feeling my trend with reviewers will continue.
Went into Batman expecting the worst and enjoyed it.
Went into Horizon expecting the greatest of all time and it was okay.
Going into Andromeda expecting the worst.

H1Z1 and UB are the hot games now anyway.

We will see how ME:A sells compared to the other entries but the mp is fantastic and they have had 5 years to get the word out about that mode. I think it will wind up selling great, I dont think the franchise is in decline at all. I cant believe someone in this thread said Forza is in decline? Horizon 3 was the best Forza game ever and it also sold like crazy.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Who cares about him off the field? He's a HOF.

It was a shit show with him in Philly. He's still one of the best WR to ever play the game.

He specified first ballot. No wr has been since Rice was on track to retire with every major record. Monk had to wait years. Irvin a couple, Carter too. So will owens. Will be interesting to see how they handle Moss.

LionPride

Banned
What talent are you referring to? He's a 29 year old QB who can't operate in the pocket, you can't expect teams to run the pistol when defensive coordinators have figured out how to shut it down.

He can operate in the pocket, he absolutely can

-------------------
Moss should be First Ballot and Owens should have too

Who cares about him off the field? He's a HOF.

It was a shit show with him in Philly. He's still one of the best WR to ever play the game.

It isnt off the feild at all. He insinuated that a teammate was gay! He tried to use the fact that McNabb was black against him. TO is a total piece of shit who intentionally hurt his own team just so he could get more money. TO put up HoF numbers but he isnt a HoF player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom