• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

LionPride

Banned
I still wanna know what kind of locker room problems Kapernick caused because he didn't cause any on the 49ers really.

And I'm being stubborn because so many shitty QBs with less raw talent than Kapernick get to be backups but because he protested racism and police brutality, he doesn't get another shot.

Greg

I still wanna know what kind of locker room problems Kapernick caused because he didn't cause any on the 49ers really.

And I'm being stubborn because so many shitty QBs with less raw talent than Kapernick get to be backups but because he protested racism and police brutality, he doesn't get another shot.
Colin didn't even know what he was protesting

he's bad at more than football

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

I don't want to shit up the thread by keeping this going but the NFL was noticeably impacted by the protest and politics in general this past season which is completely understandable​. That being said coaches and GM's are probably so happy to be rid of the noise and wants to just move on from it. Players spoke in confidence about the divide it caused in locker rooms.

effzee

First off foles is garbage but that run a few years ago was absurd. Kaepernick is a scrub and brings noise and locker room problems how are people not getting this? Tebow got a chance with the team he was drafted on, bill brought him to the pats to attempt to convert him to te and he got cut. He had 3 chances and only 1 of those was on an actual roster come game day

Foles has a magical run sure but has been garbage in every instance, including the playoff game that year. Hell Foles is the reason the Rams are in LA. Foles is the reason they drafted Goff.

Kaep has accomplished far more and took his team to the SB. He was actually the major reason, not just some QB managing the game.

What locker room problems does he bring again? His teammates voted him captain no? I didn't hear of a single teammate saying they don't like what he did or said.

Tebow was garbage from day 1, never showed 1/10th of the promise or potential of Kaep, and never did anything on the field near what Kaep did. It was like watching an 8 year old try to play football and getting lucky once in while. Oh he also got chances from Broncos, Pats, Jets, and the Eagles.

Kaep is getting what 2nd chance? Kaep might be ranked 30th of 30th on all categories, he is still better Foles or Geno. Had he punched a woman in the face he would still be on a team.

Kap is 29, those mechanics aren't going to get better.

Geno is awful and Foles is no prize himself but Foles can operate out of a pro-style system whereas last year Chip's system was basically tailored to Kap. Kap isn't exactly someone you can just plug into a system and get moderate success.

Geno is basically a scrap heap option but Kap is likely more costly.

What don't you get? Eagles are paying FOLES a lot of money to be a back up. For what? They did this last year with Chase Daniels. They let starting DT walk cause they can't afford him.

They shouldn't be spending anything on a back up QB but if you are going to spend so much on a reclamation project to back you your 2nd year franchise QB, then Kaep is simply better.

He was a 29 year old RB, ya know around the time they get dumped. A 29 year old QB and a 29 year old RB are two very different animals.

Or maybe it's because he protested an actual issue and he won't be given another chance. Ya know, the actual reason

A 29 year old QB with poor mechanics isn't all of sudden going to get better.

This is a confused individual trying to find his identity in a league that is all about going out there, getting your shit done and winning. He's just not very good at what most NFL offenses would need him to do, if he was say, Aaron Rodgers, you can bet your ass teams would line up to give him a second chance.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Foles has a magical run sure but has been garbage in every instance, including the playoff game that year. Hell Foles is the reason the Rams are in LA. Foles is the reason they drafted Goff.

Kaep has accomplished far more and took his team to the SB. He was actually the major reason, not just some QB managing the game.

What locker room problems does he bring again? His teammates voted him captain no? I didn't hear of a single teammate saying they don't like what he did or said.

Tebow was garbage from day 1, never showed 1/10th of the promise or potential of Kaep, and never did anything on the field near what Kaep did. It was like watching an 8 year old try to play football and getting lucky once in while. Oh he also got chances from Broncos, Pats, Jets, and the Eagles.

Kaep is getting what 2nd chance? Kaep might be ranked 30th of 30th on all categories, he is still better Foles or Geno. Had he punched a woman in the face he would still be on a team.

What don't you get? Eagles are paying FOLES a lot of money to be a back up. For what? They did this last year with Chase Daniels. They let starting DT walk cause they can't afford him.

They shouldn't be spending anything on a back up QB but if you are going to spend so much on a reclamation project to back you your 2nd year franchise QB, then Kaep is simply better.

Kaeps defense was phenomenal, foles broke an individual record with his run in terms of td:int ratio. They both are garbage. Again the core difference I one brings noise, the other doesn't. I already posted above that the protest and politics caused locker room divides this past season. Why bring all this trouble for a QB who is a known commodity at this point in his career? He's bad at football and hes not a pocket qb.

LionPride

Banned
I don't want to shit up the thread by keeping this going but the NFL was noticeably impacted by the protest and politics in general this past season which is completely understandable​. That being said coaches and GM's are probably so happy to be rid of the noise and wants to just move on from it. Players spoke in confidence about the divide it caused in locker rooms.

I'm asking what controversy was within the San Fransico 49ers locker room. Not any other team. I don't give a fuck about them right now. When a report comes out that 70% of execs hate him for fucking not standing for the flag...there's a problem.

Maybe Kaep is not looking for a backup role and accept it like Foles and Geno are.

I believe he said he was open to taking any role

effzee

I don't want to shit up the thread by keeping this going but the NFL was noticeably impacted by the protest and politics, in general, this past season which is completely understandable. That being said coaches and GM's are probably so happy to be rid of the noise and wants to just move on from it. Players spoke in confidence about the divide it caused in locker rooms.

Good.

This past election and this president are so far from the norm that these things should be spoken about in sports. Fuck any player who plays in the NFL, interacts with people of all backgrounds, and still supports Trump, police brutality, or any other shit people of color and minorities have to deal with.

Nothing about this election or what's happening is normal, I don't get why the NFL gets to be secluded from it. The NBA is letting their players and coaches speak their mind.

Like I said, Kaep would have been better off punching a girl.

They paid Foles because Foles can run a pro-style offense (with moderate success), Kap can't and probably never will.

Not saying Foles was a great signing but at this point if I'm running a pro-style offense I would never sign Kap to be the backup, I'm not going to convert to the read-option or the pistol just so Kap can function.

Geno is an idiot and should be out of the league.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Foles is a younger, less mobile Alex Smith. He's a good if not spectacular choice for a ball control QB.

Kap was awful in 2015, slightly less awful in 2016. He should probably get a job if someone is going to pay Geno Smith.

effzee

Kaeps defense was phenomenal, foles broke an individual record with his run in terms of td:int ratio. They both are garbage. Again the core difference I one brings noise, the other doesn't. I already posted above that the protest and politics caused locker room divides this past season. Why bring all this trouble for a QB who is a known commodity at this point in his career? He's bad at football and hes not a pocket qb.

The Eagles had players who raised their fists in solitude and defended what Kaep did.

You keep referencing noise and locker room divides. Where? Who?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Quick google search shows this:

m.tmz.com/#article/2015/10/29/colin-kaepernick-headphones-pissing-off-teammates/

https://www.google.com/amp/nypost.c...and-the-49ers-have-a-locker-room-problem/amp/

Speculation from LT:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/e...resence-will-cause-problems-in-sf-locker-room

He's been a problem in San Francisco since they started losing there and Colin has had no desire to play for them. His protesting was just more of him throwing a shitty tantrum but since it was for a good cause, everyone became defensive of him.

LionPride

Banned
Foles is a younger, less mobile Alex Smith. He's a good if not spectacular choice for a ball control QB.

Kap was awful in 2015, slightly less awful in 2016. He should probably get a job if someone is going to pay Geno Smith.

Exactly

Quick google search shows this:

m.tmz.com/#article/2015/10/29/colin-kaepernick-headphones-pissing-off-teammates/

https://www.google.com/amp/nypost.c...and-the-49ers-have-a-locker-room-problem/amp/

Speculation from LT:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/e...resence-will-cause-problems-in-sf-locker-room

He's been a problem in San Francisco since they started losing there and Colin has had no desire to play for them. His protesting was just more of him throwing a shitty tantrum but since it was for a good cause, everyone became defensive of him.
So no real evidence of controversy over his protest? Got it

effzee

They paid Foles because Foles can run a pro-style offense (with moderate success), Kap can't and probably never will.

Not saying Foles was a great signing but at this point if I'm running a pro-style offense I would never sign Kap to be the backup, I'm not going to convert to the read-option or the pistol just so Kap can function.

Geno is an idiot and should be out of the league.

This is for the backup position. Not to start.

You also have Pederson and Reich who could work with Kaep. Again the $$$ for Foles make no sense.

Then again what do I know, the Eagles made Chase Fucking Daniels the highest paid backup QB in the league last year.

You're being stubborn because you know just as well as anybody that controversial players are put up with in the NFL as long as they are productive.

Colin is controversial AND unproductive. Controversial + Unproductive = Out of the League.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I'm asking what controversy was within the San Fransico 49ers locker room. Not any other team. I don't give a fuck about them right now. When a report comes out that 70% of execs hate him for fucking not standing for the flag...there's a problem.

Ahhhhhhh I just answered both of these things! Yeah his team had no reports of trouble that we know of but we don't know which locker rooms were the ones having trouble AND we don't know how others would've reacted, which we already know was a hot topic around the league.

I agree it's a problem, but they're looking at it from a business standpoint just like any other player who brings problems. Let's say it was Richard Sherman not standing... He would've been signed immediately, because the team would be significantly better and that's good for business regardless of what noise he brings. Kaepernick doesn't make any team better, he's garbage. You're missing that part which is the single most important factor.

Good.

This past election and this president are so far from the norm that these things should be spoken about in sports. Fuck any player who plays in the NFL, interacts with people of all backgrounds, and still supports Trump, police brutality, or any other shit people of color and minorities have to deal with.

Nothing about this election or what's happening is normal, I don't get why the NFL gets to be secluded from it. The NBA is letting their players and coaches speak their mind.

Like I said, Kaep would have been better off punching a girl.

He wouldnt have because he still wouldn't get signed just like ray rice.

LionPride

Banned

You also have Pederson and Reich who could work with Kaep. Again the $$$ for Foles make no sense.

Then again what do I know, the Eagles made Chase Fucking Daniels the highest paid backup QB in the league last year.

EJ FUCKING MANUEL HAS A JOB AS A BACKUP! HOW!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I can't explain Chase Daniels.

I think the Eagles picked up Foles on the off chance they could trade him again if someone blew up in the preseason again.

LionPride

Banned
Ahhhhhhh I just answered both of these things! Yeah his team had no reports of trouble that we know of but we don't know which locker rooms were the ones having trouble AND we don't know how others would've reacted, which we already know was a hot topic around the league.

I agree it's a problem, but they're looking at it from a business standpoint just like any other player who brings problems. Let's say it was Richard Sherman not standing... He would've been signed immediately, because the team would be significantly better and that's good for business regardless of what noise he brings. Kaepernick doesn't make any team better, he's garbage. You're missing that part which is the single most important factor.

He wouldnt have because he still wouldn't get signed just like ray rice.
I just want him to be a damn backup.

LionPride

Banned
BECAUSE HE DOESNT BRING ANY NOISE WITH HIM.

He doesn't bring an ounce of talent either. We agree that Colin will not sign anywhere because people find him controversial. My issue is that this stems from racism from not only fans, but execs as well and that a man with more talent that a shit ton of backups won't get a shot.

Doomsayer

During the SB run our defense was giving up 30+ points per game in the playoffs, hardly phenomenal.

You posted with no sources, just yourself saying that players said in confidence. Who were they telling, you?

It's funny how everyone shits all over Chip Kelly but when it comes to Kaep he's just trash. Same with Tomsula. When he had an actual head coach who can scheme for him he was fine.

One mistake doesn't justify another.

Once again if an NFL team is running a pro-style offense it makes no sense to sign Kap even as a backup because Kap doesn't work well under centre both from a mechanics standpoint or in terms of his ability to make quick reads.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
During the SB run our defense was giving up 30+ points per game, hardly phenomenal.

You posted with no sources, just yourself saying that players said in confidence. Who were they telling, you?

http://thelab.bleacherreport.com/donald-trump-is-tearing-the-nfl-apart/

He doesn't bring an ounce of talent either. We agree that Colin will not sign anywhere because people find him controversial. My issue is that this stems from racism from not only fans, but execs as well and that a man with more talent that a shit ton of backups won't get a shot.

Again the issue is talent to controversy ratio. If Colin was good he'd get a shot. He's not good and he brings problems so he doesn't get as much slack for his crap talent.

Greg

just ate a reese's peanut butter egg that was about the size of a cadbury egg, and it was at least 90% peanut butter

I hate myself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom