• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.
So glad the whole locker room has bought into Doug. It's been like 3-4 years since we've had that.
Lol, everyone bought in at first with chip. Eagles just had a bunch of selfish me first guys like djax, shady, and Jason Peter's. Guys were also already complaining about what a terrible coach Doug was last year, it will be even worse this year when the eagles are terrible again.

MechDX

Don't worry friend, Myles will be a Brown. Drafting a great defensive lineman really helps our your team, just look at my Texans and my Clowney.

9557052-jadeveon-clowney-mike-vrabel-nfl-kansas-city-chiefs-houston-texans.jpg

In this Texans time line Gronk is cut by the Pats , signs with Houston, wins next 3 owls and Gronk, Watt and Clowney celebrate all three by taking in a Chelsea game with Dutch

He clearly isn't the best, Julio Jones has that title. Best receiver in the league could deal with a double team and AB just disappeared, plus he clearly stopped caring after he didn't get the ball enough, he needs stats to get likes on Facebook. Steelers will keep him, but he doesn't care about them

I wasn't completely serious, just wanted you rustle your jimmies a bit

I know <3

Pepiope

Lol, everyone bought in at first with chip. Eagles just had a bunch of selfish me first guys like djax, shady, and Jason Peter's. Guys were also already complaining about what a terrible coach Doug was last year, it will be even worse this year when the eagles are terrible again.
Who complained about Doug last year?

Hindl

He had to have that meeting with the team captains last year after he ripped their effort against the Bengals, Jenkins also complained about him being over aggesive against the giants.

Calling a meeting after such a poor performance by the Bengals is exactly what a good coach should do. Rip the players and light a fire under their asses. And it paid off. The next two games were losses against the Ravens and Washington, but those were two hard-fought games where the team gave a ton of effort and were in a position to win at the end in both games. Then, when they had nothing to play for against a Giants team that could've clinched a playoff spot, they played hard and wiped the floor with them. They finished strong against the Cowboys too, but that doesn't count.

As for Jenkins, yeah he criticized him. It was right to criticize him, Doug was being too aggressive and was learning as a rookie HC. But Jenkins is fully behind Doug, here's him at the end of the season:

Jenkins said the confidence in Pederson is there and said something very revealing in terms of the Eagles being more a player-oriented group under Pederson than in his three years he’s been with the Eagles. Jenkins also maintained that the Eagles as whole remained a tight-knit group throughout the season—even after the Cincinnati debacle where the Eagles’ overall effort was questioned.

“I like Doug, I definitely do,” Jenkins said. “I think he’s done a good job this year. He’s been aggressive in the things he does, and has shown great confidence in us. Those aggressive things sometimes didn’t work, and people can look back on that and criticize it. But what that’s done for us is place everything on his players, and with that aggressiveness, shown great confidence in us to carry out those aggressive plays.

“Players love that. We didn’t get it done. But we prepared well, because of Doug. He’s carried himself very well. He’s never gotten too up, or too down. He’s kept everything on an even keel. It’s all about the process. For me, that’s what I look for in a head coach. He’s someone who understands the process of winning games and preparing. He’s placed us in a good position to win. I can’t speak for everyone, but in general, I know the guys like him.

“I know the team is a lot closer this year than it has been since I’ve been here. Doug is a former NFL player. He’ll talk to you. He’s created an atmosphere where he wants guys to play for each other, he wants guys to have fun outside of the building, and he wants to build a family environment. That was a big thing this year. It’s why we stayed together through the adversity. We had guys genuinely care about one another, which I haven’t seen here before.
“That comes from Doug.”

I understand that they are with hm need, but next year when they have another bad season I wonder if they will be saying the same things. Guys are not going to tolerate losing for long.

Pepiope

I understand that they are with hm need, but next year when they have another bad season I wonder if they will be saying the same things. Guys are not going to tolerate losing for long.
I'm pretty sure the guys know we're in the middle of a rebuild. No one is expecting championship right now

I've thought about it and I don't want Uncle Bionic to participate in the OT Super Bowl thread, I fear he cannot control himself. He might use one too many trump/pats comparisons lol

tmdorsey

I've thought about it and I don't want Uncle Bionic to participate in the OT Super Bowl thread, I fear he cannot control himself. He might use one too many trump/pats comparisons lol

This is a good point. :jnc

You know you fools need to tone it down a bit when we are out in public (OT)

Pepiope

We will see. Average career is 3 years long. I wonder how many guys are going to be happy to waste there on a team with no hope.
All of the players who have futures on this team understand what this past season was. Players who have 3 year long careers get shipped out or cut if they aren't on board. Like Chip.

Sanjuro

Line should have said something or responded to my post questioning him. All indicators was he joking about making an anime thread.

Only person I believed was doing it first was RBH due to his boyz, but he declined.

JABEE

Line should have said something or responded to my post questioning him. All indicators was he joking about making an anime thread.

Only person I believed was doing it first was RBH due to his boyz, but he declined.

Line was working on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom