• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

So hey, new NFL-GAFer here.

Pats fan.

Sup.

tom-brady-trap-queen(1).gif

Why do you hate minorities and women and the LGBT community?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
^that blows dude...can't imagine blowing $10k like that

The Chargers move fucked it up most likely.

I can't find the article right now but it was on Sports Illustrated. Essentially the owners were shocked that the Chargers are going to play in a venue that holds 26,000 and was the site of my high school winning the California CIF Soccer title.

The NFL doesn't want to be known as a product that constantly moves franchises.

Since 1993 the NFL has moved more franchises than any of the other major sports.

Well to be fair, the NFL seems to be the most prestigious and sought after so maybe the owners are just playing games to maximize revenue and fleece governments for free money.

Was that his dance for the election or the Muslim ban?

lmao

Mindlog

gooooooooooooooooooooooooot damnnnnnnnnnnnnn lol

I've met a guy that mortgaged his house back in '03 to see the Bucs win. Sounds kind of crazy, but he will always have that memory.

I'm watching this Friday Night Tykes show and seeing these grown men treat little ass kids like they are professional football players is one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen.

Fantomex

I'm watching this Friday Night Tykes show and seeing these grown men treat little ass kids like they are professional football players is one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen.

I turned it off as well. I'm all about making kids run laps when they're not focused but those coaches are sad excuses. I switched the channel after RAW.

In a joycon invitational we would never allow that type of scum to coach our kids. We would have upstanding citizens with a little bit of goofy/crazy like Terry Bradshaw, Marino, Howie Long, Deion and Reggie Fills Aime

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

Friday Night Tykes is hilarious. It's a pretty good show, you can emphasize with some of the coaches and parents. Some are crazy though and totally forget that their kids are playing and not them.

That Charlie guy who coached the Broncos is the biggest douche. Tells a 8-9 year old kid to cheap shot another kid before the whistle is blown. He's banned by Season 2

Fox318

Friday Night lights was one of the scariest books I've read.

Towns so dependent on high school football as part of their culture that they would remap school districts, make students education secondary, and watching young men destroy their brains and future all while building up their self worth only to drop them like trash of they can't produce in the game or once they hit 18.

They basically leave school and a cult learning no real world skills and in their eyes they could never achieve more than that football game when they were 15 years old.

Narag

Friday Night lights was one of the scariest books I've read.

Towns so dependent on high school football as part of their culture that they would remap school districts, make students education secondary, and watching young men destroy their brains and future all while building up their self worth only to drop them like trash of they can't produce in the game or once they hit 18.

They basically leave school and a cult learning no real world skills and in their eyes they could never achieve more than that football game when they were 15 years old.

Didn't realize that was non-fiction. I need to check it out.

Fox318

Didn't realize that was non-fiction. I need to check it out.
The original 1990 book is a fantastic read and really paints a picture of Texas high school football culture.

I've never seen any of the movies or the tv show but I'm kinda amazed how it's glorified rather than people thinking of something is wrong.

For those speculating and not following the Raiders/Vegas situation, here are the facts:

NFL didn't want Adelson involved, that's why the Raiders sought out Goldman Sachs as an alternative. When the relocation papers were filed, Adelson's name was nowhere to be found, because those were the terms dictated by the NFL.

Adelson also wasn't included in the proposed deal with the Stadium Authority that was turned in last week as well. The writing has been on the wall with Adelson for a while now, the NFL wanted nothing to do with him.

The Raiders will still put forward the same $500 million up front, and take out a loan with Goldman Sachs for the additional $650 million. It will be a 30 year loan, the same amount of time as the stadium lease

One area of contention is with the locals and local politicians not being too happy with the Raiders treatment of UNLV in the the proposed deal with the Stadium Authority. These are minor issues and will be negotiated.

Chances of Raiders relocation are still extremely high at this point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom