• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

WedgeX

Banned
One of the Detroit Free Press's writers, who I will not even give clicks by linking him here, is trying to stump for Detroiters to root for Brady over the Falcon. Because it means rooting against Goodell.

But I have larger opponent than Goodell these days. So fuck that.

Can't wait for him to shout me out
800full-jason-taylor.jpg

rando14

friends, I've developed an anger issue

what do I do?

Greg!! I am sorry to hear this, these are tough times for us all. As I work more and more I have found myself also short of patience and more easily angered. I don't like this feeling, and I hope for both of us that this is just a transient thing and things will work out for the better!!

But please always remember I am just a phone call away, I will always be there for you my brother!! I wish only the best for you Greg, always remember you've got people who care about you :)

MechDX

"Houston,home of 8th Wonder of World-the Astrodome. Also, home of 9th wonder of world-Brock Osweiler's contract,"- @KeeganMKey at NFL Honors

ThatsMyQB.gif :(

So far Terrell Owens and Terrell Davis have said they are not getting into the HoF. Owens should definitely get in but it's hard to have sympathy for him
No fucking way should to get in. Being a terrible teammate should take away from the good things you do on the field. He intentionally hurt his own team.

Bronx-Man

Banned
A fucking travesty that T.O. still gets shut-out from where he belongs. The NBA sure as hell wouldn't keep Iverson out of the Hall of Fame because of his personality.

A-Rod's about to be kept out of the Hall because of his personality.

Baseball is a whole other animal.

You know there is some crotchety old hermit who won't vote for Derek Jeter because he didn't go to the funeral of Bob Sheppard.

You have people refusing to vote for people because they don't believe anyone is a first ballot hall of famer.

You have people who won't vote for the sure fire pick because they assume they'll get in anyway and throw pity votes to some lesser known player.

The Baseball HOF is the ultimate popularity contest, if you weren't nice to the media they will absolutely ignore you.

That being said, WRs seem to have the most ridiculous standards to get into the NFL HOF

squicken

I'm glad that kickers are getting recognized. I think Nick Lowry was better but both should be in. Otherwise it is a good list. Happy for Warner. Good dude and a good story

squicken

Really happy for Kurt Warner, his story is amazing and his peak was incredible

His two SB losses came in games where his defense gave up a game winning score on the last drive. The Cardinals and Rams were two of the sorriest franchises in football and he took them to SBs. I thought he should have been a first ballot guy

Jason Taylor is kind of like Curtis Martin to me. Their resumes make them acceptable candidates but I never thought either guy was scary or like "this guy can take over and win any given game"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom