• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
NFL thread gets a bit too personal at times but I would not even step into NBA or Soccer threads at their height.

Everyone calls me a drunk, BigAT and Sanjuro fat, the Europeans communists, Trejo and not Trejo a stalker, wienke is made fun of for liking alabaster women, Floyd is made fun of for being Floyd, etc etc.

Still somehow less toxic than some other threads. We all have the understanding that everything is jokes and nothing is to be taken literally or personally.

And I reject the notion that we never talk football. I mean, I post less, because there's only but so many times you can say "Cut Remmers" before it gets old, but there's plenty of on-topic discussion here during peak NFL times.

Everyone calls me a drunk, BigAT and Sanjuro fat, the Europeans communists, Trejo and not Trejo a stalker, wienke is made fun of for liking alabaster women, Floyd is made fun of for being Floyd, etc etc.

Still somehow less toxic than some other threads.

And I reject the notion that we never talk football. I mean, I post less, because there's only but so many times you can say "Cut Remmers" before it gets old, but there's plenty of on-topic discussion here during peak NFL times.

There only so much we can talk about cheaters.

when has this thread ever become personal?

The aftermath of the Saints-Pats game that led to Lunchbox being banned (and then coming back as the world's most obvious alt like 5 minutes later in a classic NFL-GAF moment) was pretty bad. Not really personal, but more just inappropriate jokes about Katrina that folks didn't really appreciate.

Dirtbag and his ilk pre-date me so I wouldn't know about them.

Line_HTX

Still somehow less toxic than some other threads. We all have the understanding that everything is jokes and nothing is to be taken literally or personally.

This 100%. I at least get back on topic as much as possible whenever other people talk about their food or whatever the fuck is going on in their lives. I fucking hate it when those outsiders say those type of shit because it's obvious they have never bothered looking in here when there's plenty of news, strats, questions, what have ya. If we are indeed toxic how the fuck is this not closed for 3 months?

if we only talked Football this thread would be dead. Especially during the offseason, there's only so much news. Look at the College thread.

You guys are my experts on all subjects

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
When wienke said he likes ketchup on hot dogs

Hey fuck you buddy!

only time it got personal in recent memory is when shane or jna got super pissed at eznark

if we only talked Football this thread would be dead. Especially during the offseason, there's only so much news. Look at the College thread.

You guys are my experts on all subjects

If this and other threads were exclusive to their subject, we wouldn't have community threads anyway

Seems to be working as intended

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I swear to god anyone insulting my girl Mary Kay gonna catch these hands!

Tread carefully friends!

LRh4UwG.gif

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
The vitriol and hate the Patriots get is pretty funny. As a Lions fan we haven't had too much contact with the Patriots so maybe my opinion of them would be different if we played them more often but I've always admired them from afar.

When you're the heel, you're supposed to embrace it. All the great ones do and the Patriots organization from top to bottom has done it very well.

The political talk is nonsense because odds are all the great, white Quarterbacks are Conservative/Republican. A high number of football players in general are but especially white players throughout high school, college and the NFL. It's just how it's always been and probably always will be for the foreseeable future.

I promise you whether it's Steve Young, Dan Marino, John Elway, Joe Montana, Brett Favre..odds are extremely high they vote Republican.

Bronx-Man

Banned
The vitriol and hate the Patriots get is pretty funny. As a Lions fan we haven't had too much contact with the Patriots so maybe my opinion of them would be different if we played them more often but I've always admired them from afar.

When you're the heel, you're supposed to embrace it. All the great ones do and the Patriots organization from top to bottom has done it very well.
Correct. I mean, look at the Heat after LeBron & Bosh flew in. Those motherfuckers went full nWo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom