• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT2| - I Mean Look What Our Teams Did For Us!

It better be for the vet min and he better be just a camp body, but we could've just signed an undrafted QB or 2 for that...

That's the case for everyone who signs with the Eagles though.
Does Howie even though that you are allowed to sign backup QBs for the vet min? I doubt it.

MechDX

Joe Thomas‏Verified account @joethomas73 4m4 minutes ago
More
Replying to @joethomas73
Dear #united, I had to "re-accommodate" someone once

C9EPEKBU0AApH9u.jpg:large

Joe Thomas throwing serious shade

effzee

I don't get what the Eagles are doing. This should have been there back up QB all along instead of paying actual money for Foles.

effzee

Is there any consensus on the top CBs in this draft? I get this is a very deep draft for CBs and Safeties and largely most people/analysts think Lattimore is the best CB and Hooker the best S.

But beyond that, I see CBs mocked to the Eagles who others have in rounds 2-3. Guys like White, Tabor, Humphrey, and King seem to be all over the place in mocks.

Very confusing, yet one of the reasons I think the Eagles should take the top WR at 14 and then wait to see which CB falls to them in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

If the Eagles can land Ross or Davis at 14 and then come away with 2 solid picks at CB in rounds 2 and 3, I think they will have done a great job.

Is there any consensus on the top CBs in this draft? I get this is a very deep draft for CBs and Safeties and largely most people/analysts think Lattimore is the best CB and Hooker the best S.

But beyond that, I see CBs mocked to the Eagles who others have in rounds 2-3. Guys like White, Tabor, Humphrey, and King seem to be all over the place in mocks.

Very confusing, yet one of the reasons I think the Eagles should take the top WR at 14 and then wait to see which CB falls to them in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

If the Eagles can land Ross or Davis at 14 and then come away with 2 solid picks at CB in rounds 2 and 3, I think they will have done a great job.
Gareon Conley is the second best I would argue..

Personally I felt Gareon is better Marshon.. the biggest knock is his use of hands.

Hindl

Yeah it's Lattimore at the top, and I'd have a debate between Hooker and Jamaal Adams for safety. After that, it's a case of all of the CBs having different skills and size so different teams will value them differently. Sidney Jones was consensus No. 2 before the ACL, then it's a debate. Humphrey would be the No. 2 but he gets beat deep and he also has the Saban Shuffle. Conley's been rising up the boards and will probably be 2nd or 3rd off the board. He could be 1 but he refuses to use his hands in press coverage. And after that it gets crazy, where a guy could go anywhere between the late 1st and the 3rd, like you said.

As for the Eagles, unless Lattimore falls I don't want a CB at 14. I'm not sure I want a WR either because Davis and Williams would be off the board, and if that happens there would be some great defensive talent there. John Ross looks like the next DJax, but I wouldn't want him over Derek Barnett, Reuben Foster, O.J. Howard, or a few others. Ross is really good, but I'd rather pick an elite defensive playmaker or O.J. Howard. After all, defense wins championships, and O.J. Howard is a goddamn freak of nature

Sanjuro

Someone just informed me of Pizza Barn in Yonkers, NY.

🍕😢👌🍕🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

With the Second Pick of the NFL-Gaf Mock Draft...

49ers-Gaf Selects: said:
New GM, new head coach, a new hope.
The San Francisco 49ers having many glaring holes on it rosters, some of it were remedied during the start of free agency. Main issue is Quarterback, this is not the year to get a franchise QB in this year's draft, but another glaring hole the 49ers have to address as well is cornerback.

With the second overall pick in the 2017 NFL Draft, the San Francisco 49ers select Marshon Lattimore, CB of the Ohio State Buckeyes.

Solomon Thomas was the general consensus pick at #2 for the Niners, but with the release of Tramaine Brock and Jimmie Ward most likely switching over to Safety, the cornerback position becomes the most glaring need on a roster with many holes to fill.

The 49ers have already met with Lattimore and with the 2017 draft class being one of the deepest at the cornerback position, Lattimore stands a cut above the rest making him a perfect fit for the Niners. He fulfills both roles many consider when drafting a player-he’s fills the biggest need a team has while at the same time being one of the best talents available.

I would like to thank my co-gms skull (did majority of the write up) and doom

I'll only post the quote for whatever team last picked and then add a link to each team

The Bears are next, since we don't have a team I'm going to tally the votes and make the pick.

3. Chicago Bears
4. Jacksonville Jaguars
5. Tennessee Titans (from Los Angeles Rams)
6. New York Jets - Fox
7. Los Angeles Chargers - Fanto
8. Carolina Panthers - Grover
9. Cincinnati Bengals
10. Buffalo Bills
11. New Orleans Saints - dionysus
12. Cleveland Browns (from Philadelphia Eagles)
13. Arizona Cardinals
14. Philadelphia Eagles (from Minnesota Vikings) - Hindl
15. Indianapolis Colts
16. Baltimore Ravens - Blarry
17. Washington Redskins
18. Tennessee Titans
19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Syrinx
20. Denver Broncos
21. Detroit Lions - Kastrioti
22. Miami Dolphins - Dolphins-Gaf
23. New York Giants - BigAT, Futurevoid, Striker
24. Oakland Raiders - Officerrob
25. Houston Texans - Dutch, Mech
26. Seattle Seahawks - cdy
27. Kansas City Chiefs
28. Dallas Cowboys - cashman
29. Green Bay Packers - Elfforkusu - Slo
30. Pittsburgh Steelers - DeaconKnowledge
31. Atlanta Falcons
32. New Orleans Saints (from Patriots) - dionysus

Rules:

Teams without a team will be group pick, first choice to three votes or pick with most votes in two hours get auto-selected.

Remember the pick is who you think your team will pick not who you want (you hear that Mech??)

Write a quick write up on why your team will make that pick and how he fits your team.

With the Third Pick of the NFL-Gaf Mock Draft...

NFL-Gaf Selects: said:
DE Solomon Thomas, Stanford

Anyone want to do a quick write up for the bears?

Jacksonville is on the clock, first pick to three votes wins.

4. Jacksonville Jaguars
5. Tennessee Titans (from Los Angeles Rams)
6. New York Jets - Fox
7. Los Angeles Chargers - Fanto
8. Carolina Panthers - Grover
9. Cincinnati Bengals
10. Buffalo Bills
11. New Orleans Saints - dionysus
12. Cleveland Browns (from Philadelphia Eagles)
13. Arizona Cardinals
14. Philadelphia Eagles (from Minnesota Vikings) - Hindl
15. Indianapolis Colts
16. Baltimore Ravens - Blarry
17. Washington Redskins
18. Tennessee Titans
19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Syrinx
20. Denver Broncos
21. Detroit Lions - Kastrioti
22. Miami Dolphins - Dolphins-Gaf
23. New York Giants - BigAT, Futurevoid, Striker
24. Oakland Raiders - Officerrob
25. Houston Texans - Dutch, Mech
26. Seattle Seahawks - cdy
27. Kansas City Chiefs
28. Dallas Cowboys - cashman
29. Green Bay Packers - Elfforkusu - Slo
30. Pittsburgh Steelers - DeaconKnowledge
31. Atlanta Falcons
32. New Orleans Saints (from Patriots) - dionysus

Rules:

Teams without a team will be group pick, first choice to three votes or pick with most votes in two hours get auto-selected.

Remember the pick is who you think your team will pick not who you want (you hear that Mech??)

Write a quick write up on why your team will make that pick and how he fits your team.

I guess I'll do the write up for the Bears

With the third pick in the draft, the Chicago Bears select Solomon Thomas, DE from Stanford. The Bears need talent all over the field and with concerns about attitude and injuries with Allen. The Bears will take one of the best d-ends in the draft to anchor their defense.

Jonathan Allen for Jags? I dunno if they signed DL in FA.
Fournette?

Jags take Fournette
Great minds think alike

I guess I'll do the write up for the Bears

With the third pick in the draft, the Chicago Bears select Solomon Thomas, DE from Stanford. The Bears need talent all over the field and with concerns about attitude and injuries with Allen. The Bears will take one of the best d-ends in the draft to anchor their defense.

Fournette?

Great minds think alike

Thanks friend

Chris, Dutch and me are having a Sam Adams in your honor!

Aw I wish I could join you guys :(

Ok two picks for Fournette and one for Allen,

Sf2fanatic@fanaticnflgaf
Breaking News
There's been discussions between Titans gaf and Browns gaf for a possible trade. Cleveland interested in the #5 pick.

MechDX

Bill Belichick & Bill O'Brien have been working on scheduling joint practices with Patriots-Texans at Greenbrier (WVa.) in Week 2/preseason.

Via Twitter
Odd since they play each other in the regular season

Top Bottom