• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT2| - I Mean Look What Our Teams Did For Us!

RBH

Persona>anime>Tony grossi>>wrestling

lol.gif

Hindl

we're all Persona fans now. this is fine, its lit.

How far in are you? Something amazing happened recently that made me really wish Jeff and Vinny were playing it

What that guy didn't consider is how racist the rest of the world is against Microsoft. They could give away their consoles and some people still wouldn't want them.

They were dominating last generation so I don't think that's true

Tall4Life

You know those memes where they say various things and show what level of brain power that correlates with? Anime is the pea-sized brain, wrestling is the most complex brain

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
MGS5 would have been special if they cut like half the game out. Gets way too repetitive. Still by far the best playing Metal Gear though.

Yeah I love the gameplay but it would go so much faster if the side ops could be grouped a little closer. Instead it's either drive to the next one in a jeep or:

call a helicopter > wait for it > board it > wait to take off > fly for a while > loadloadloadload > select side op > loadout screen > loadloadload > fly for a while in helicopter > get out of helicopter > drive jeep to the side op

Some of the missions like the mine clearing ones take less time to clear than to fucking get there to boot

I'm also 80 hours in and only on mission 19 out of 31...with over half the side ops missions still locked.

It's painful but the actual gameplay is great! So it's a love-hate relationship

*Sigh*...draft doesn't start till tomorrow and browns-gaf already fucked it up.

Fine, 9ers gaf you'll take the browns time so you can make your pick from now until Noon (Best coast time) Tomorrow.

How far in are you? Something amazing happened recently that made me really wish Jeff and Vinny were playing it

They were dominating last generation so I don't think that's true
I'm on 5/18, 2nd palace. how far are you? what happened? if it doesn't spoil anything for me

MechDX

Forgot how good Civ Rev is. Damn Americans keep asking for peace and i laugh in their face. They took over 3 of my cities.

I got them all back and fortifying my front line before I crush them under my rule!!

bionic77

How did they do outside the us last gen?
A lot of that is MS's fault.

Their focus was always the US. Nintendo also sucks balls at marketing to the most of the world.

I feel like Sony from the start has been the only company that really reaches out to pretty much the whole world.

That thread about MS ruling gaming through Windows was pretty funny. We live in a post-PC world. Most people get by with shit tablets and phones. Those people are not going to get a PC for the most part. Does not mean the PC is going away any time soon, but sales have peaked and at best they will maintain what they have.

Bread

Banned
Forgot how good Civ Rev is. Damn Americans keep asking for peace and i laugh in their face. They took over 3 of my cities.

I got them all back and fortifying my front line before I crush them under my rule!!
It's one of my favorite games of all time, so glad it's BC! The spike between the 3rd and 2nd highest difficulties is tough though, they get relentless!

Hindl

How did they do outside the us last gen?

Poorly because they didn't get games that focused on what people wanted outside of the US. Japan has no interest in the types of games that MS would make, and Europe is a little more interesting. I don't think MS franchises appeal to them much either, but they're more receptive than Japan. I think it's because Sony was a household name in Europe before MS even started making game consoles, and with kids everyone just always gets what their friends have.

MS's strategy last gen also ended up costing them. They focused too much on getting the best 3rd parties and locking down 3rd party exclusives that they didn't develop their internal studios enough. Toward the end of the 360's lifespan there weren't any huge exclusives, and that was right when Sony was delivering hit after hit. From 2010 on here were 360s big exclusives:

Halo Reach, Anniversary, 4
Crackdown 2
Fable 3
Gear of War 3, Judgement
Forza 4, Horizon 1, 2
Titanfall
Witcher 2

and some other games that aren't noteworthy enough to list. Add in that Fable 3 and Gears Judgement weren't that good and...yeah. They just didn't do a good job building up their internal studios, and if you aren't into shooters or racing games there isn't a lot on the platform that you can't get elsewhere.

I'm on 5/18, 2nd palace. how far are you? what happened? if it doesn't spoil anything for me

Ah I just finished up the 2nd palace, it's related to one of the teachers and I'd love to see them react to it, especially given how they reacted to shit in the Persona 4 ER. But I won't say what cuz it's a pretty funny moment

That's why I said browns-gaf. Y'all share the shame

Why not just let 9ers Gaf have till noon Tuesday? They get Browns gaf excess time and it puts everything back on track

It's one of my favorite games of all time, so glad it's BC! The spike between the 3rd and 2nd highest difficulties is tough though, they get relentless!
Deity sucks to play on.. I didn't even try to get the Deity achievements because I don't hate myself. I almost had every other achievement but those..

A lot of that is MS's fault.

Their focus was always the US. Nintendo also sucks balls at marketing to the most of the world.

I feel like Sony from the start has been the only company that really reaches out to pretty much the whole world.

That thread about MS ruling gaming through Windows was pretty funny. We live in a post-PC world. Most people get by with shit tablets and phones. Those people are not going to get a PC for the most part. Does not mean the PC is going away any time soon, but Isales have peaked and at best they will maintain what they have.
I imported a Japanese 360 at launch last gen because the Japanese support was so fucking amazing. Japanese people didn't care at all. It is sad how poorly it sold in Japan.

bionic77

I imported a Japanese 360 at launch last gen because the Japanese support was so fucking amazing. Japanese people didn't care at all. It is sad how poorly it sold in Japan.
It is tough for almost anyone to compete with Sony in terms of consumer electronics in most parts of the world.

Japan doesn't really buy any home consoles so that was not a big loss for MS. What hurts them is how weak they are in the rest of the world outside of the US and UK. Those sales in the other counties add up.

We're on the clock already? Ok just let me confer with Bigosc and Doom. We already agreed on a player but just need the finishing touches on a write up.

Bread

Banned
Deity sucks to play on.. I didn't even try to get the Deity achievements because I don't hate myself. I almost had every other achievement but those..
Is that the highest one? I got all the achievements when I had it on the 360, the worst one was the win by year 0 or whatever. That took me a while.

Hey Chris, rookie question but how did Browns-GAF mess up?
besides being Browns fans

no one messed up. everyone knew what the pick was. no difference if floy posted it now or 20 mins after the official start of the draft. he just posted his write up early. everything is still on schedule.

Is that the highest one? I got all the achievements when I had it on the 360, the worst one was the win by year 0 or whatever. That took me a while.
Yeah that is the highest one if I recall correctly..

I think I got that one.. But I'm not 100 percent. I think one of the interesting ones was win a game without capturing a single city (not counting cultural takeovers).

no one messed up. everyone knew what the pick was. no difference if floy posted it now or 20 mins after the official start of the draft. he just posted his write up early. everything is still on schedule.

Now you're defending flo?

Hey Chris, rookie question but how did Browns-GAF mess up?
besides being Browns fans

Edit: nevermind just saw your post above.

You're good don't worry, at least mech wasn't involved this time

bionic77

BG could have been a JCB.

instead he decided to go all in on being a FloyBoy.

I normally say that history will determine if it was a wise choice or not, but I think we can safely hit the fast forward button on this one...

Bread

Banned
Went to storage and grab some items. Found my ps2 and dj hero turntable for the wii. Forgot i had that game
Oh god

Gaf lied to me about dj hero. That was the time I learned not to trust their opinions.

Probably played for 30 minutes total with that $100 game.

bionic77

I was positive the song during the credits of Moana was from Rihanna.

It was not. But whoever that was does a fantastic Rihanna impression.

I also want to live where Moana lives. Those people did it right. The only thing missing was a Switch.

With the First pick of the NFL-Gaf Mock Draft...

Browns-Gaf Selects: said:
Myles Garrett, DE from Texas A&M. He set records even as a freshmen beating Clowney's freshmen sack record and finished with 31 sacks.

He wowed at the combine and earned comparisons to future Hall of Famer DeMarcus Ware and has earned a lot of buzz. He also solidifies our front seven as an anchor. He is a no brainer and should lead our D for years to come. Plus, We can't afford to piss him off for the next several years if we don't pick him (I just saw that snippet so I'm glad I waited till now to write this up).

now they'll trade the top pick for Jimmy and then I will burn my Browns lanyard and jersey and quit.. I kid I kid. Here BG, I'll move myself down the rankings.

I'll only post the quote for whatever team last picked and then add a link to each team

The 49ers are on the clock, you have until Noon April 10th to make your selection:

2. San Francisco 49ers - bigosc2k, Doomsayer, TheSkullPrince
3. Chicago Bears
4. Jacksonville Jaguars
5. Tennessee Titans (from Los Angeles Rams)
6. New York Jets - Fox
7. Los Angeles Chargers - Fanto
8. Carolina Panthers - Grover
9. Cincinnati Bengals
10. Buffalo Bills
11. New Orleans Saints - dionysus
12. Cleveland Browns (from Philadelphia Eagles)
13. Arizona Cardinals
14. Philadelphia Eagles (from Minnesota Vikings) - Hindl
15. Indianapolis Colts
16. Baltimore Ravens - Blarry
17. Washington Redskins
18. Tennessee Titans
19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Syrinx
20. Denver Broncos
21. Detroit Lions - Kastrioti
22. Miami Dolphins - Dolphins-Gaf
23. New York Giants - BigAT, Futurevoid, Striker
24. Oakland Raiders - Officerrob
25. Houston Texans - Dutch, Mech
26. Seattle Seahawks - cdy
27. Kansas City Chiefs
28. Dallas Cowboys - cashman
29. Green Bay Packers - Elfforkusu - Slo
30. Pittsburgh Steelers - DeaconKnowledge
31. Atlanta Falcons
32. New Orleans Saints (from Patriots) - dionysus

Rules:

Teams without a team will be group pick, first choice to three votes or pick with most votes in two hours get auto-selected.

Remember the pick is who you think your team will pick not who you want (you hear that Mech??)

Write a quick write up on why your team will make that pick and how he fits your team.

**WE HAVE A TRADE**

The Cleveland Browns trade the first pick in the 2017 NFL Draft to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for Roberto Aguayo and a future 6th round draft pick. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are now on the clock.

Top Bottom