• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT2| - I Mean Look What Our Teams Did For Us!

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
You were told by Bread.

GAF's been clear for years "don't listen to Bread", not our fault you keep getting hurt for ignoring advice

no bread told me not to listen to those lies. Besides I was hearing that everywhere that there was this secret handshake deal made. I feel like that would be collusion, but ehhhhhhhhhh

Schefter is saying teams passed on Reuben Foster due to his shoulder.

One source said Foster's rotator cuff surgery didn't "take."

Teams were concerned that one hit could end his season.

http://es.pn/2pYEnWu
🤔🤔🤔🤔
From MMQB: war room coverage

" Earlier, the Niners said their doctors passed Foster and thought his shoulder was okay.
Lynch hollered to his chief medical officer, Jeff Ferguson: “You guys worried about his shoulder?”

“What shoulder!” Ferguson yelled back. "

https://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/05/01...aft-room-bears-trade-reuben-foster-peter-king

Hindl

he's floyboy's boy

Actually BG took him under his wing. He's BG's boy

The fact so many teams passed him up must have some truth to it. But let's be real at most he would have slid to the 2nd round and probably not even mid or late 2nd round.

On an Eagles note, while I am cautiously optimist about the draft, even though I hate that in CB rich draft they didn't select a single CB who can start day 1, it is funny how Howie has positioned Joe Douglas to be the fall guy if the draft doesn't go well.

Douglas can (and will) start day 1, and I'd rather have Jones even without his rookie year over the other talent. I won't lie, I'd have preferred either of the CBs the Cowboys took (although Lewis is a slot corner) over Douglas but Douglas matches well with what Schwartz wants. Assuming Jones recovers, the two of them compliment each other really well. Jones you can practically leave on an island and he can deal with the faster receivers like OBJ, while Douglas can cover the slower, stronger receivers like Dez while having safety help over the top. Especially since Dez was just able to physically crush our DBs last year, a CB like Douglas was a good choice

Tall4Life

Here is your result:
Your data suggest no automatic preference between White people and Black people.

:))))))))))))))))

I took it again
3c55a85400abbe301b691b97895e29a9.png

🤔

You can say a lot of bad things about flo (like a lot of bad things, he has a lot of faults as a human being) but I don't think he's ever been racist...

new flo is digging deeper than ever before.

Bread

Banned
damn this sucks, never thought i'd see BG dethroned in the rankings

*pours one out

wait a minute

that makes me #1!!!!!!!!!!!!!! welcome to a new era of brown!

aiE3JQU3vLqTK.gif

ZaCH3000

Cousins and Prescott both had accuracy concerns coming out, and while I wouldnt say either has "succeeded" yet I would say they are on their way.

Winston threw plenty of interceptions and he seems on his way to success as well.

Accuracy concerns... what? Prescott throw for a 7 to 1 interception ratio at 67 percent completed in the SEC with lesser talent at skilled positions than Deshaun Watson on the roster. That's only 5 interceptions in 13 games in case you were wondering.

That's not even a knock against Deshaun. In fact it's a compliment because Deshaun threw for more yards and 12 more TDs than Prescott on more attempts when cI'm paring their final seasons. Sure he racked up 6 more interceptions on the year but I would argue the talent is similar, although Dak has the stronger arm advantage almost handily. Deshaun was a more accurate and consistent passer however.

Saying both have accuracy concerns is way, way, way over blown to be honest and a poor evaluation in my opinion. I expect Deshaun to be a solid QB in the NFL. A starter quality QB. He's better than Mahommes and I bet he has a longer more successful career than all of the QBs in this class. He's a proven winner and going to a good squad in Houston. He will be measured against these other QBs based on team success, and he will have success if given the opportunity to play which I think he will.

ZaCH3000

Cousins and Prescott both had accuracy concerns coming out, and while I wouldnt say either has "succeeded" yet I would say they are on their way.

Winston threw plenty of interceptions and he seems on his way to success as well.

Accuracy concerns... what? Prescott throw for a 7 to 1 interception ratio at 67 percent completed in the SEC with lesser talent at skilled positions than Deshaun Watson on the roster. That's only 5 interceptions in 13 games in case you were wondering.

That's not even a knock against Deshaun. In fact it's a compliment because Deshaun threw for more yards and 12 more TDs than Prescott on more attempts when cI'm paring their final seasons. Sure he racked up 6 more interceptions on the year but I would argue the talent is similar, although Dak has the stronger arm advantage almost handily. Deshaun was a more accurate and consistent passer however.

Saying both have accuracy concerns is way, way, way over blown to be honest and a poor evaluation in my opinion. I expect Deshaun to be a solid QB in the NFL. A starter quality QB. He's better than Mahommes and I bet he has a longer more successful career than all of the QBs in this class. He's a proven winner and going to a good squad in Houston. He will be measured against these other QBs based on team success, and he will have success if given the opportunity to play which I think he will.

While we both agree on Deshaun on his way to having success, we definitely do not agree on the accuracy concern comments coming out of college comment. I'm curious to know which analyst made those arguments about both Watson and Prescott.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
He's going to an awful OL. He's about as accurate as Osweiler, though he doesn't have the same problem Brock did with throwing the ball downfield. He throws even more picks though.

He'll either have a miraculous turn around in becoming a good NFL QB or he'll be an unmitigated disaster.

MechDX

He's going to an awful OL. He's about as accurate as Osweiler, though he doesn't have the same problem Brock did with throwing the ball downfield. He throws even more picks though.

He'll either have a miraculous turn around in becoming a good NFL QB or he'll be an unmitigated disaster.

Watson? Accurate as Osweiler? Wut?

Not a big fan of Watson but that is just a flat out dumb and incorrect comment

MechDX

Bobby Oler‏ @BobbyOlerSports Apr 30
More
Dylan Cole heads to Houston Thursday to sign his rookie deal - 3 years, $1.665m with $27k guaranteed. Most UDFA get 0 guaranteed.

Steal as an UDFA

Top Bottom