• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT2| - I Mean Look What Our Teams Did For Us!

dionysus

Yaldog
Watson was a terrible pick. If Savage doesnt succeed this team is royally screwed

There I said it

Has any QB in the league succeeded that had accuracy questions and a lot of college interceptions? DB athleticism is just so much higher in the NFL.

I am an ignorant nobody, but I always think all the other desirable QB qualities don't mean much if you aren't accurate.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Has any QB in the league succeeded that had accuracy questions and a lot of college interceptions? DB athleticism is just so much higher in the NFL.

I am an ignorant nobody, but I always think all the other desirable QB qualities don't mean much if you aren't accurate.

Cousins and Prescott both had accuracy concerns coming out, and while I wouldnt say either has "succeeded" yet I would say they are on their way.

Winston threw plenty of interceptions and he seems on his way to success as well.

Pepiope

Savage is BOBs hand selected guy drafted in 2014. Just had a string of freakish injuries

Texans and Seahawks legend.
First round pick QBs aren't getting benched. Especially ones teams trade up for. Unless they're terrible like Jared Goff, which as a Texans fan you hope isn't the case with Watson.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
First round pick QBs aren't getting benched. Especially ones teams trade up for. Unless they're terrible like Jared Goff, which as a Texans fan you hope isn't the case with Watson.

You think Mahomes will start week 1?

Cybit

FGC Waterboy

Jameis.

Accuracy used to be a massive correlator to future success, until colleges started using air-raid / spread offenses that increased completion percentages to insane levels. Now it's more about mid-field and deep ball accuracy, IMO.

Suzy still hosting NFL insiders

QONVIyz.gif

dionysus

Yaldog
Jameis.

Accuracy used to be a massive correlator to future success, until colleges started using air-raid / spread offenses that increased completion percentages to insane levels. Now it's more about mid-field and deep ball accuracy, IMO.

Thanks for the examples of Cousins and Winston.

The breakdown I found online of Watson said he overthrows the deep ball and has trouble hitting slants.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I was told by gaf that the butler trade was a done deal, and that there was no way the cooks trade could go through without an agreement for butler in place.

effzee

Schefter is saying teams passed on Reuben Foster due to his shoulder.

One source said Foster's rotator cuff surgery didn't "take."

Teams were concerned that one hit could end his season.

http://es.pn/2pYEnWu

The fact so many teams passed him up must have some truth to it. But let's be real at most he would have slid to the 2nd round and probably not even mid or late 2nd round.

On an Eagles note, while I am cautiously optimist about the draft, even though I hate that in CB rich draft they didn't select a single CB who can start day 1, it is funny how Howie has positioned Joe Douglas to be the fall guy if the draft doesn't go well.

Pepiope

The fact so many teams passed him up must have some truth to it. But let's be real at most he would have slid to the 2nd round and probably not even mid or late 2nd round.

On an Eagles note, while I am cautiously optimist about the draft, even though I hate that in CB rich draft they didn't select a single CB who can start day 1, it is funny how Howie has positioned Joe Douglas to be the fall guy if the draft doesn't go well.
Ya, this will be considered Douglas' draft. He's going to get all the glory from Yankee if it goes well.

But I still put it all on Howie. It's do or die for him.

I was told by gaf that the butler trade was a done deal, and that there was no way the cooks trade could go through without an agreement for butler in place.
You were told by Bread.

GAF's been clear for years "don't listen to Bread", not our fault you keep getting hurt for ignoring advice

Top Bottom