• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT2| - I Mean Look What Our Teams Did For Us!

you're settling for only 8-8? come on now, you have kizer, garrett, and ohio hero jabrill peppers
skeptical.gif

I can't be your mentor anymore.

effzee

Actually BG took him under his wing. He's BG's boy

Douglas can (and will) start day 1, and I'd rather have Jones even without his rookie year over the other talent. I won't lie, I'd have preferred either of the CBs the Cowboys took (although Lewis is a slot corner) over Douglas but Douglas matches well with what Schwartz wants. Assuming Jones recovers, the two of them compliment each other really well. Jones you can practically leave on an island and he can deal with the faster receivers like OBJ, while Douglas can cover the slower, stronger receivers like Dez while having safety help over the top. Especially since Dez was just able to physically crush our DBs last year, a CB like Douglas was a good choice

The draft hinges on how well Jones recovers and if 3rd round selection CB Douglas can play.

Now that draft hype has died, I'm worried about Jones. The injury at his position could really reduce his ability to be the same player. And even if he comes back 100% healthy which is a big if, I think we won't see him until 2018.

Unless we sign another veteran cb, going into the season the starters at CB will be Mills and Patrick Robinson. I didn't think it possible but if it remains the same, this will be even worse than last year. Douglas I think battles for corner nickel at best.

Hopefully the Dline is dominant and Wentz with all the weapons he has now takes a huge leap in year 2 so the offense is a top 10 scoring offense.

Hindl

The draft hinges on how well Jones recovers and if 3rd round selection CB Douglas can play.

Now that draft hype has died, I'm worried about Jones. The injury at his position could really reduce his ability to be the same player. And even if he comes back 100% healthy which is a big if, I think we won't see him until 2018.

Unless we sign another veteran cb, going into the season the starters at CB will be Mills and Patrick Robinson. I didn't think it possible but if it remains the same, this will be even worse than last year. Douglas I think battles for corner nickel at best.

Hopefully the Dline is dominant and Wentz with all the weapons he has now takes a huge leap in year 2 so the offense is a top 10 scoring offense.
Yes it all comes down to Jones recovering. But why are you so focused on this year? This isn't a Super Bowl caliber team, even if everything goes according to plan I see them winning a wild card game, maybe winning the division and hosting that wild card game. So I'm not too concerned about Jones not playing this year. If he gets back to 100%, Year 1 will be rough, but Years 2-10 will be amazing. I'm tired of 1 year fixes and hoping they patch things up. This draft, they took the long road and that's the right move. This year all I want to see is the defense have improved secondary and pass rush play, and Wentz to take the Year 2 leap. If those two things happen, 2018-2019 we'll be pretty well set up.

Plus Douglas will never, ever stay in the slot. He's long and slow. Slot receivers are small, fast, and shifty. He'd get eaten alive. Plus, considering Robinson has been a great nickel corner and a mediocre outside corner, he's gonna be the nickel guy along with Brooks. Douglas may start the year with some nickel snaps, but I doubt he'll stay there.

Scooter, you ain't even #2. Or #3
Why would a Raiders fan care about Bucs fan rankings

Top Bottom