• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT2| - I Mean Look What Our Teams Did For Us!

I'm always amazed at how fervent and fanatical console warriors are and think it's crazy, but then I remember how I was about it in my teens and early 20s. Hope the mods go easy on people TBH, but they'll do a good job regardless.

Anyway, I'm getting crazy excited about Derek Barnett based on how coaches are talking him up during OTAs. Of course, it's just OTAs so it means literally nothing.

I'm always amazed at how fervent and fanatical console warriors are and think it's crazy, but then I remember how I was about it in my teens and early 20s. Hope the mods go easy on people TBH, but they'll do a good job regardless.

Anyway, I'm getting crazy excited about Derek Barnett based on how coaches are talking him up during OTAs. Of course, it's just OTAs so it means literally nothing.

Yeah I heard on BTGN the other day that he was killing Lane during the OTAs.

bionic77

re:Lebron/Durant discussion. I think a difference also is that fact that the Warriors had recently won a championship before Durant even got there. What Durant is going to have to deal with the rest of his life if/when he wins a chip with Golden State is the talk that he basically tagged along the Warrior train to get a ring. The only way this won't necessarily be the narrative is if he has a Dominate performance in the Finals and gets the MVP.
People said that if LeBron won with the Heat that it would have an asterisk because he has to go to Miami with his friends and could not win by himself.

Those people were wrong as fuck.

People will forgive anything for winners.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Superteams are interesting. The only problem is if they don't go to your team.

They do hurt parity though, and despite what people say about the amount of talent in the NBA, it's still incredibly top heavy. Everybody knew what the matchup was. Between the warriors and cavs they played 25 playoff games, and only lost 1- the cavs to the undermanned celtics.

cdyhybrid

They do hurt parity though, and despite what people say about the amount of talent in the NBA, it's still incredibly top heavy. Everybody knew what the matchup was. Between the warriors and cavs they played 25 playoff games, and only lost 1- the cavs to the undermanned celtics.
The NBA has always been top heavy.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
The NBA has always been top heavy.

I'm not saying it hasn't at all, I'm just saying this is particularly bad with nearly 2 undefeated teams into the edit-finals. At least a few years ago you had a handful of actual contenders, right now we're down to 2.

tmdorsey

People said that if LeBron won with the Heat that it would have an asterisk because he has to go to Miami with his friends and could not win by himself.

Those people were wrong as fuck.

People will forgive anything for winners.

I still think it's a different case with Durant and the Warriors. The only people that will forgive Durant is probably Golden State fans.

cdyhybrid

I'm not saying it hasn't at all, I'm just saying this is particularly bad with nearly 2 undefeated teams into the edit-finals. At least a few years ago you had a handful of actual contenders, right now we're down to 2.

That's the NBA. Almost every decade of the league's existence has been dominated by one or two teams that are clearly better than everyone else.

I still think it's a different case with Durant and the Warriors. The only people that will forgive Durant is probably Golden State fans.

Yeah, just like no one forgave LeBron. Oh wait.

NBA has never had parity. The Lakers and Celtics between them have 33 of the 71 finals championships. The NBA is all about dynasties.

edit: hell, the NBA of all the 4 pro sports is the most like wrestling. Lebron James' Heel turn was more talked about than anything and fans tuned in just to see him lose. Same deal reversed with his Face turn.

Hindl

Yeah though I kinda expected that. He's one of the most polished pass rushers to come out in a while. He's got a high floor, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets around 6 sacks this year. But along with the high floor comes a relatively low ceiling. Miller, Mack, Mercilus he's not. Still, if he can consistently produce and be an 8 sack a season player that's perfect

bionic77

LeBron also left Cleveland in the worst way possible with the announcement and then the WWE introduction with the not 1, not 2, etc.

Durant did it on the DL and the emotions are definitely not the same.

dionysus

Yaldog
Owners want super teams going by their collective bargaining agreements. Max contracts that are way under what the player is worth is what allows super teams to be put together. I am sure a team would pay Lebron or KD 45 million a year if they could.

BigAT

Owners want super teams going by their collective bargaining agreements. Max contracts that are way under what the player is worth is what allows super teams to be put together. I am sure a team would pay Lebron or KD 45 million a year if they could.

Yup, this is very true. Choosing where they want to play and who they want to play with is the power that elite players flex when the superstars of the league aren't getting paid near what they are worth.

Now these look like people getting serviced properly

2WfPD5b.jpg

Just heard this gem at work:

"Its a pity the south didn't win the war. Then Trump would be able to fix everything"

uhhh wow

jbug617

Banned
Trump supporters don't even care about the Climate Agreement. They just want to take it down because everyone else cares about it

Thats sad.

I would hope that Nintendo could get more units out into stores so people didn't have to pretend to be playing a switch virtually.

smh still playing with outdated handheld consoles, some day you'll join us in the VR future where humans have moved beyond racism and created a wonderful utopia where we can be unite together to hate other alien species and not our own.

Keep playing on rooftops while I get to explore the universe.

lol I saw that earlier, I can't wait to play this

Hindl

Trump supporters don't even care about the Climate Agreement. They just want to take it down because everyone else cares about it
It makes sense for them. Obama agreed to it, so burn it. The rest of the world wants to do it, so destroy it. And it moves away from coal and other energy, so screw that. Plus climate change is made up by liebruls. But it's so dumb because with the world transitioning to green energy, there's going to be a lot of new plants and factories to manufacture all of this new technology. This could've created so many new jobs in the US, especially in those rural areas, which is what these idiots have been clamoring for. They don't deserve to get out of the hellhole that is rural America. Every time Democrats try to help they do this shit. Let them all choke on the heroin ravaging their towns

RBH

And of course, the Trump administration's explanation for withdrawing from the Paris agreement is filled with more buzzwords and nonsense.

PREVIOUS ADMINISTRATION!
BAD DEAL!
OBAMA!
JOBS FOR AMERICANS!

Fuck off

bionic77

And of course, the Trump administration's explanation for withdrawing from the Paris agreement is filled with more buzzwords and nonsense.

PREVIOUS ADMINISTRATION!
BAD DEAL!
OBAMA!
JOBS FOR AMERICANS!

Fuck off
The problem is that a lot of Americans want this shit to happen. I mean some coaches of prominent NFL teams even write love letters to this President and have his back despite the fact that he is evil, has no respect for women and is a huge racist.

Something is really fucked up with our country.

Just keep your head down and keep pretending that you live in Hyrule. Thats my current plan. Though the way things are going we might have to be some glass around the rooftop because the air might be safe to breath if the Trumps and Pats keep running shit into the ground.

Doomsayer

PREVIOUS ADMINISTRATION!
BAD DEAL!
OBAMA!
JOBS FOR AMERICANS!

Fuck off

It was an extremely pathetic showing and the world is a worse place because of this. Absolute insanity that this administration is so mad at Obama they are willing to destroy the world. What's even worse is the morons that support this.

Mindlog

Just heard this gem at work:

"Its a pity the south didn't win the war. Then Trump would be able to fix everything"
"Name one thing Trump has done for you."
They will respond with something racist or otherwise incorrect.

"You know what Trump did here (name something) will be bad for you."
Yeah, but...

The excuses will never end.

Unrelated; Globalist!
... How many globes do you think we live on?

Space X launch postponed.
Not a good look, June.

Top Bottom