• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT2| - I Mean Look What Our Teams Did For Us!

bionic77

Keep it up Floyd!

You've already dethroned Kave and Gobias in the Browns-GAF rankings, now you're on BG's heels too.
BG is actually currently unranked.

According to the metrics he doesn't have what it takes to be a Browns fan in 2017.

RBH

Let's end browns gaf rankings, you olds have successfully ruined the joke....

Can't believe you guys would do this, actually I can 🤔

*moves BG to last place in Browns-GAF rankings*

*raises Floyd's hand in victory*

the-rock-and-john-cena.gif

What size pants do some of you all wear?

I refuse to go over 32. Once you give in and get bigger pants it never ends.

Congrats on the weight loss Floyd. Everyone always gets happy to see someone lose weight or get in shape.

I'm at 34-36 depending on the brand but I'm working my way back down to 32

Germany isn't quite the Netherlands when it comes to English proficiency. In my experience, you can pretty much assume that everyone understands you there, while you should probably still ask here when talking to the corner shop cashier.

But I'd generally always advise to learn the language.

From everything I heard, Aachen isn't the nicest place to be (engineering student sausage fest), although RWTH is the most prestigious university when it comes to engineering.

Hmm alright, how's your public transportation over there? I imagine far better than anything we have here in LA, not that I'd be traveling much anywhere.

Hindl

Finally finished Persona 5. Hell of a game, but I really fucked up my first playthrough. Barely had any confidants maxed by the end and I guess I missed some really useful stuff. And I didn't have any of the main party max confidant so I missed a bunch of those stories. I'll definitely pick it up again, but probably not for a few years. On to the next game

effzee

Any word on why the Chiefs released Maclin at this point? Was it salary related? Screws him over having missed out on FA.

Would like him back in Philly. Prefer him over Torrey Smith. He doesn't have that speed, but he has better hands and route running ability.

Slo

Any word on why the Chiefs released Maclin at this point? Was it salary related? Screws him over having missed out on FA.

Would like him back in Philly. Prefer him over Torrey Smith. He doesn't have that speed, but he has better hands and route running ability.

I saw a Tweet or something that said the Chiefs save $10M by cutting him after June 1st. Frankly I'm astounded that he was making that king of money. Dude is just a warm body.

The good news is that I feel like every team in the league has enough room to bring Maclin in at his market rate.

effzee

I saw a Tweet or something that said the Chiefs save $10M by cutting him after June 1st. Frankly I'm astounded that he was making that king of money. Dude is just a warm body.

The good news is that I feel like every team in the league has enough room to bring Maclin in at his market rate.

Don't know if you are joking but during his tenure with the Eagles he was a top WR.

Also what does this leave the Chiefs with? Are they just throwing in the towel on the Alex Smith regime?

Hunter S.

Maclin was their top reciever. I was glad to hear he is given the slash.

Don't know if you are joking but during his tenure with the Eagles he was a top WR.

Also what does this leave the Chiefs with? Are they just throwing in the towel on the Alex Smith regime?
I'm assuming that they're going to give Maclin's role to Tyreek Hill.

Maclin was their top reciever. I was glad to hear he is given the slash.
When healthy Mac was.. Hill was still huge for them.. I'm guessing they are using Hill to replace Maclin.

bionic77

I'm playing this cool new JRPG called Suikoden 1 for the first time, $6. The PS TV is a glorious device and deserves better.
2 is even better.

One of my favorite rpgs of all time. The save files transfer over to the 2nd game on the PSX. Does that still happen on ps tv?

That would be a fucking perfect game for Switch. Fuck most of the 8, 16 and 32 bit rpgs would be...

effzee

Yeah, Jeremy Maclin had gone downhill last season as he just can't get open consistently anymore. The Eagles don't need or want him.

Based on what? Could also be that Alex Smith can't get the ball down the field much.

I don't know if the Eagles would want him but they could use him. Great locker room guy too.

Hunter S.

I'm assuming that they're going to give Maclin's role to Tyreek Hill.

When healthy Mac was.. Hill was still huge for them.. I'm guessing they are using Hill to replace Maclin.
I am trying to say he was more than just a warm body that Slo suggested. The Chiefs were pretty weak on reciever and Maclin did get 86 receptions his first year with them.

Hunter S.

Yeah, Jeremy Maclin had gone downhill last season as he just can't get open consistently anymore. The Eagles don't need or want him.
He had his most receptions with the Chiefs his first year as a Chief. Missed 4 games games his 2nd year. He is only 28. Last yesr looks like his worst year.The articles I read seem to look at it as a negative for the team. Something they had to do to get their rookies signed.

Hello friends

I am trying to say he was more than just a warm body that Slo suggested. The Chiefs were pretty weak on reciever and Maclin did get 86 receptions his first year with them.
True.. but he had some injuries last season which is what lead to Hill's breakout in part because of Maclin's absence.

Could be Andy sees the writing on the wall for Mac and wants to build the WR corps around Hill

He had his most receptions with the Chiefs his first year as a Chief. Missed 4 games games his 2nd year. He is only 28. Last yesr looks like his worst year.The articles I read seem to look at it as a negative for the team. Something they had to do to get their rookies signed.
That makes more sense now. Mac should probably still get some work as when he was on, he had a positive effect.

Slo

Based on what? Could also be that Alex Smith can't get the ball down the field much.

I don't know if the Eagles would want him but they could use him. Great locker room guy too.

For the record, I think guys like Maclin and Britt can legit play in the NFL, but they are just randos. Nobody is going to say "oh shit, the Vikings signed Maclin, this changes everything!!"

It'd be met with the same fanfare as Victor Cruz signing with Chicago. You guys heard about that, right?

Milchjon

Hmm alright, how's your public transportation over there? I imagine far better than anything we have here in LA, not that I'd be traveling much anywhere.

Pretty good. Not necessarily amazing, but you'll pretty much get anywhere by bus and train. In larger cities, cars are more of a hassle than anything.

Top Bottom