• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT2| - I Mean Look What Our Teams Did For Us!

I have seen the Sixers play a few time in the garbage era and there were times they could barely run plays.

I hope for my own sake that you are right because they got so bad I stopped going to games. It was not even worth it to go see the Lakers or other teams I enjoy watching because the Sixers got so bad.

Up until this season I pretty much agree, but this season you could actually see the basis for the system Brett Brown wants to run. Before that he had such a hodge podge of players and no one that actually fit what he envisioned. Okafor is the embodiment of that. He does not fit the system whatsoever, and that's why he's playing so much worse than he's probably capable of. This season though you could see that Brown actually had a chance to implement some of what he wanted and got a few players like Saric, McConnel and Covington that are actually going to be on the team in some form for the next few years. TJ is probably the biggest question mark there. But still, before that he had a bunch of guys that he knew weren't going to be around so there was no real drive to get them into shape. This season was fun to watch, especially the way those three guys were playing. Look how hard Saric played man. The dude played a full season in the turkish league, then played the Olympics, then played with the Sixers. How the hell did he have anything left in the tank at that point? The craziest thing was aspects of his game seemed to get better as the season went on. I think Brown deserves some credit for getting Saric to play that hard.

Philly getting a little overly excited for a core of young players that have played a grand total of 32 NBA games in 3 years. The history of the league is littered with promising young cores that amounted to nothing. The fact that the best player of that core, is a 7 footer with leg/knee problems should alone temper people's' expectations and hype before proclaiming them the future rulers of the Eastern Conference, but here we are. Then again philly fans have had so little to cheer about lately that it's sort of understandable.

I don't think we're getting overly excited. We're just ACTUALLY excited, instead of not excited at all. We all realize how much hangs on the health of these young players, but that's no reason not to be excited or hopeful.

bigosc2k

Banned
OffEJTR.gif
2014officespace4.gif

Tom Penny

The Lakers have won 10 championships since he joined the club.

The inner cities have been blessed with businesses that never would have dared expand in those locations before he got involved.

So many beautiful children were born and so many more beautiful women were blessed by his touch when he was traveling on the road (I see you NinjaScooter!).

When Magic gets involved good shit is going to happen.

Remember this day gentlemen. This is the day when the Lakers almost got trolled by Captain Tom Penny.

Magic almost fleeced Phi and Phx

Lakers tried to trade down with PHI and PHX, but asked not to take Ball - DENIED! per Woj on Dan Patrick show

Bread

Banned
Floyd is most definitely an extremely extremely stupid person. This is well documented. He has a long long history of angry and racist outbursts, where he says incredible stupid things, and doesn't understand there might be a backlash. If someone doesn't think Floyd is stupid they haven't been paying attention at all.

You know what would make this fight even more hilarious?

Just imagine if Floyd's most powerful friend is there to watch this. The President of the United States.

We all know Floyd is a friend of Donald Trump. If Trump was to go it would be hilarious (and also a nightmare for secret service.)

He also went to the inauguration in January..

damn i'm reading some fucked up things about floy, anyone hear about this?

Bread

Banned
BG's stock is very low at the moment. Time to buy!

8-8, BeCleve, Bacon Scented Air...it's all true!! Where's DM, I have to let him know we're doing it again.

Top Bottom