• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT2| - I Mean Look What Our Teams Did For Us!

Hindl

Wentz would be the worst in the ring. His aw-shucks persona would be bad on the mic and I'm not sure he can sell a bump

Wienke, his new wife and I went out the other day....it was awkward

487wz3gdmIwKF5jFL92BJMfk2OEAAuR8rBL5JDHeawJPav9jM0S49GjHqN0QH1ptOmIEVqlxWzNbweiRVdjN9sXfy3kCIlw1hHgbXXmJlHToq1cbi9LQp-2IXeexOagpp_m8NThLXDamwfIZPIPhZDaV3QUf4gyDKmz94GBWC8EfzCZUAKl0r7xmg9lGJj70DInGCrxDHmuzDG8_DzDeRPZC45YlxTptPVBoc1ztNlPEfdSLVgt9cLfxTpTqRrKq6Y_VyhoL0HNYhyIKQCvqN5q7GajjLeAC3uxeVW2fQStioRpp7SYXd-27q6okOhNYsBQITT3fS9_E7YiDUOP_bd_hyzO4kKOzfqWDR905fA7Lnr7cn1vi0LY1-qKkKWGfVpQUhSoXuYK8y9cl4Pk-UHuGozgGqZgksswpFd0UmRvJv1gH23fNEwIIXs4kZ5FPghL9-SnrK7xta3nK_gy1wHiZB3i8w607Y1gX6kgfsHAGkuFXlCPV2fAZFi91xxtyGfRzLoMGymfd-BlcuRaf6xbD8cIQG3EXg74IREDp593XgJ-VOh3XSzboixQpay3XmBmV9F57N36ug0sguC260D04ZKSBkOoVwPpRVenFrvPO14DpT3zfXSEfFA=w531-h662-no

"I thought about (changing teams), but it's not quite like that in football," Johnson admitted referencing NBA free agency. "I was stuck in my contract with Detroit, and they told me they would not release my contract so I would come back to them."

"I did not see a chance for them to win a Super Bowl at the time," Johnson admitted. "For the work that I was putting in, it wasn't worth my time to keep on beating my head against the wall and not going anywhere. It's the definition of insanity," he said.

http://det.247sports.com/Bolt/Calvin-Johnson-I-was-stuck-in-contract-with-Detroit-Lions-71167877

Megatron knows what we all know.

Tom Penny

Johnson would like that as well. He was asked who is favorite NFL quarterbacks are and Derek Carr made the short list.

“Brett Favre,” Johnson said as his top choice to play with. “When I came into the league, he was on his way out, but I got to see him play in Green Bay. Aaron Rodgers is another Green Bay guy who has a cannon for an arm. There’s a young cat that I just met; Derek Carr out of Oakland. I really like that guy.”

Suck on that Kas

Too bad Detroit won't let him out of his contract.

dvdjamm

The Niners could learn from the Falcons with their concession prices.

For starters, Niners fans will pay $10.25 for the cheapest beer available, a 20-ounce domestic such as Budweiser or Bud Light, up from $9.75 at the ‘Stick. A “premium” brew such as a Shock Top will run you $11 for 18 ounces. The widely cited independent Team Marketing Report study said the Oakland Raiders had the priciest small beer in the league last year, at $9.75 for 20 ounces, with the average NFL team charging $7.05 for 17 ounces. But the report is heavily disputed in NFL circles.

A “frankfurter” at Levi’s Stadium (the word “hot dog” apparently is too lowbrow for the fancy new stadium) will cost $6.25, up 75 cents from the ‘Stick. It’s 25 cents higher than the cheapest dog listed by the Team Marketing Report for 2013, while the NFL average was $5.07.

A soft drink such as Pepsi, Mountain Dew or Sierra Mist will cost $5.25 for 21 ounces, a bit more expensive on a per-ounce basis than the $5.50 Niners fans paid last year for 24 ounces. The report’s NFL average was $4.48 for 20 ounces. A 49ers souvenir soda cup costs $7.50.

Among the other Levi’s Stadium prices: $8 for a pizza slice (expected to be the top seller), $8.50 for garlic fries; $6 for nachos or a bag of candy such as M&M’s; $5.75 for a 20-ounce bottle of water; $8.25 for a sausage or bratwurst; and $12 for a 7-ounce wine pour, tortas, a barbecue sandwich or a burger.

WedgeX

Banned

“Brett Favre,” Johnson said as his top choice to play with. “When I came into the league, he was on his way out, but I got to see him play in Green Bay. Aaron Rodgers is another Green Bay guy who has a cannon for an arm. There’s a young cat that I just met; Derek Carr out of Oakland. I really like that guy.”

Calvin might be dead to me now. And after my epic lamenting following his retirement!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Found kas on twitter talking mess about megatron.

James Williams‏ @JamesLionsFan

He was 0-16 before Stafford made him a star. He retired due to injuries before he had to pay back money, then it changed to losing.
10:54 PM - 11 Jul 2017

Top Bottom