• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT2| - I Mean Look What Our Teams Did For Us!

Derek Anderson stays quiet and does what he's told. That's all these teams care about especially with regards to backups. It's plain as day that the only reason kaep isn't getting another chance is because of the kneeling thing.

Kaepernick was voted teammate of the year last year. He is getting blackballed.

LionPride

Banned
Anyone who isn't willing to ignore that a man who stayed seated for two weeks in protest of this country's racism is able to understand that.

Side note: If any team I even kinda like drafts Joe Mixon, they can go in the fucking dumpster.

Like, I have a giant problem with Tyreek Hill as a person. He may have went through the probation and classes, but he needs a couple more years before I even think about liking him.

effzee

But then why not just draft a QB? The cost is far less, and the potential upside is much higher. Kaep is 29 and you know what he is. At times he can impress, and he has the arm talent, but his decision-making and accuracy is questionable. That's not really something you fix that late into someone's career. Should he at least be a backup somewhere? Probably, especially given the talent level of most backups. But I don't think the Chiefs are the team to take him in. As Fox has said, the Jets would probably be a good landing spot, but no way in hell their owner takes him in

Because if you are a SB contender, or fancy yourself as one, you want a back up who could if needed step right in and win now. That is not a rookie QB who would be a long term project.

I just mentioned the Chiefs as an example because they want to win now and because as much shit I give Reid for his time in Philly, he did work with Vick post-prison to fix some of his issues. Same with Alex Smith.

Kaep should go to a team that needs him as a backup and a coach who has success with QBs

Anyone who isn't willing to ignore that a man who stayed seated for two weeks in protest of this country's racism is able to understand that.

Side note: If any team I even kinda like drafts Joe Mixon, they can go in the fucking dumpster.

Like, I have a giant problem with Tyreek Hill as a person. He may have went through the probation and classes, but he needs a couple more years before I even think about liking him.
Im a Lions fan too. We're drafting Mixon. Hate to tell ya.

Of course he is. That's my point. The only logical conclusion one can come up with for why a guy like Kaep can't find a job in a league where 75% of the QBs range from mediocre to complete trash is because of his views. There no other rational reason.

Tom Pelissero‏Verified account @TomPelissero
The full list of NFL rule changes passed today.
C8BvNL_VAAAo7rP.jpg

Hindl

Tom Pelissero‏Verified account @TomPelissero
The full list of NFL rule changes passed today.

Rule 11 confuses me. Isn't that already the case? Because if I'm reading that right, a receiver running their route, who hasn't caught the ball yet, is now a defenseless receiver. But defenseless player violations are basically tackling the player, lowering the helmet, grabbing above the neck, not just initiating contact. And it's already a penalty to tackle a receiver who doesn't have the ball, so what am I missing here?

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Makes actions to conserve time illegal after the 2 minute warning of either half.

What is this rule?

Hindl,

I thought defenseless status currently was only for player attempting to catch a ball?

BigAT

Rule 11 confuses me. Isn't that already the case? Because if I'm reading that right, a receiver running their route, who hasn't caught the ball yet, is now a defenseless receiver. But defenseless player violations are basically tackling the player, lowering the helmet, grabbing above the neck, not just initiating contact. And it's already a penalty to tackle a receiver who doesn't have the ball, so what am I missing here?

I was trying to parse that as well. The only thing I could come up with is that maybe currently defenseless receiver protection only applies to WRs that are thrown at and in the process of catching. Now it would apply to all receivers running routes, as opposed to just the receiver that is thrown to.

Yes, illegal contact already exists for hitting a receiver that is thrown to, but this would make it possible to call a hit on defenseless player penalty (15 yards and a first down).

That's the best I could think of.

Probably changes the type of foul? I'm curious too.

Edit: 15 is even more confusing and ambiguous.

Tom Penny

Probably personal fouls vs illegal contact depending on the way they hit them.

Hyrule is saved! Damn what a game this was. Definitely gonna come back to it later but now I need to play other games.

Are you on xbox? You could play some ME with us. I am hoping that boban will get it soon. He messaged me on xbox the other day that he was totally wrong and that Sam Bradford is a great QB and he will try to get ME soon.

bionic77

Hyrule is saved! Damn what a game this was. Definitely gonna come back to it later but now I need to play other games.
Blessed!

I hope the next Zelda is not as bleak as this one.

Its weird that Ganon straight murdered everyone but Zelda. Even Link got got the first time around. I like the parallels to us losing the country to Tom Brady and Trump (more evil versions of Ganon) but like the game eventually winning the war.
. Can't wait to see the ending.

That said it is definitely the greatest adventure game ever made. I really felt like I was legit having adventures during this game. A masterpiece and I hope that for gaming and America both we have even better days ahead!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
16 year old kid tboned my car on a provisional licence and 3 other kids in the car ran.

my car is ruined.

47 year old woman did the same to me a month ago driving my mom's car back to her house. She got paid and ended up buying a one year old Camry, quite a nice car all in all.

You're probably going to feel sore tomorrow. Go to a doctor as soon as you can. Even with a kid driving it you'll still get paid assuming it wasn't stolen and you live in a non trump state.

Pepiope

Patrick Robinson for anyone wondering. 1 yr deal.

Must be getting him to replace Ron Brooks, considering Robinson was pretty alright in the slot but has been pretty bad on the outside
They needed a vet if their top 3 CBs are gonna be rookie rookie mills. Hopefully he can be a mentor.

Hindl

They needed a vet if their top 3 CBs are gonna be rookie rookie mills

Yeah I like the pickup. Guess that means they don't really see Mills in the slot though. Mills can develop into a solid #2 corner on the outside, he's got everything you'd want except the speed. So as long as he isn't going up against the speedy WRs on the other team, he'll be alright. The rookie is gonna get thrown into the fire though.

Pepiope

Yeah I like the pickup. Guess that means they don't really see Mills in the slot though. Mills can develop into a solid #2 corner on the outside, he's got everything you'd want except the speed. So as long as he isn't going up against the speedy WRs on the other team, he'll be alright. The rookie is gonna get thrown into the fire though.
I think they view Mills as a potential starting outside CB. I hope it's Mills and 2 rookies fighting for the outside jobs with Robinson/Brooks in the slot.

Mills ran a 4.61 at the combine and a 4.48 at his pro day. He's got the speed to cover all but the fastest receivers. I never understood why people always took shots at his speed. I think it's more in his hips and staying in phase that he needs work.

bionic77

16 year old kid tboned my car on a provisional licence and 3 other kids in the car ran.

my car is ruined.
That sucks.

Hope you are ok.

Life is precious. We should be thankful for every moment. Especially the JCBs because we have so much to be thankful for.

Hindl

Mills ran a 4.61 at the combine and a 4.48 at his pro day. He's got the speed to cover all but the fastest receivers. I never understood why people always took shots at his speed. I think it's more in his hips and staying in phase that he needs work.

Pro Day times are worthless, just like player height and weight, colleges usually massage the numbers a bit. The combine time is what's important, and 4.61 isn't that fast. It's good enough to deal with most receivers, but you can't put him up against someone like Desean, OBJ, AB, those speedy guys that'll run right by you. You can see it in the tape. He consistently gets beat by fast receivers when he can't jam at the line, and once he's beat he doesn't have the speed to make up the distance. If a receiver has a step on Mills, he isn't catching up to them. That's why people hit him on his speed

He looked slow last year. I am shocked he ran so well at the combine. Schwartz played the cbs 10 yards off all year because he was so afraid of them getting beat deep by fast guys.

Pro Day times are worthless, just like player height and weight, colleges usually massage the numbers a bit. The combine time is what's important, and 4.61 isn't that fast. It's good enough to deal with most receivers, but you can't put him up against someone like Desean, OBJ, AB, those speedy guys that'll run right by you. You can see it in the tape. He consistently gets beat by fast receivers when he can't jam at the line, and once he's beat he doesn't have the speed to make up the distance. If a receiver has a step on Mills, he isn't catching up to them. That's why people hit him on his speed

And Richard Sherman ran a 4.56. Didn't Josh Norman run a 4.66? You don't have to have Darelle Revis speed to cover in this league. Mills definitely needs to work on his jam, but part of the problem is they Schwarz literally almost always played CBs in the opposite way it seemed like he should last season. Mills needed to be off speedy receivers in obvious early passing downs and wasn't, and then they had him playing off in short yardage situations. It made no sense.

Malalaw

Are you on xbox? You could play some ME with us. I am hoping that boban will get it soon. He messaged me on xbox the other day that he was totally wrong and that Sam Bradford is a great QB and he will try to get ME soon.

Yeah, I picked it up on Xbox because a friend and I went half. I plan on starting it soon.

Tom Penny

my car is ruined.

Nice. My brother stole my parents car at 14 and ran into Mercedes and totaled it. It was pretty impossible for me to top that fuckery as a teen.

Top Bottom