• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT2| - I Mean Look What Our Teams Did For Us!

nothing better to grind out those last few hours of the work day than with the musical stylings of one Robert James Ritchie, better knownronyiu plebes as Kid Rock.

squicken

Good to see Teddy moving around but he was still really favoring that leg as he threw. Hard to think he'd be ready to start the year

Meh. I moved on a few days ago. Fuck him

If Romo really wanted out he has the leverage to force Jerrys hand

Best thing for Jerry is him retiring. Romo would actually owe Jerry money. I thought all along that Houston was the one place he would not let Romo play

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Im a Lions fan too. We're drafting Mixon. Hate to tell ya.

I really doubt that considering Martha Ford is the owner. I wouldn't be against it but I don't think we'll be drafting Mixon.

One way or another we draft a RB somewhere in Rounds 2-4. First round is almost assuredly going to be a defensive lineman.

Bob Quinn draft last year:

1.) Ohio State
2.) Alabama
3.) Michigan

In the later rounds he started going with smaller schools. Quinn is trying to fix the lines and now that the offensive line is fixed we can finally focus on the defensive line.

Fox318

Thanks for the kind words. I'm ok the only thing that sucks for me is that the car wasn't worth much so I will probably not get much from the insurance company back for it. I was hopeing to run the car a little bit longer as I wanted to invest in real estate.

Man I wanted to beat the fucking shit out of this kid. Had the cops not come I'm convinced I would have done something I would have regreted to this kid.

Fuckface was trying to make a left on the corner of an intercection cutting acorss 2 lanes.

Least I have my health and my switch

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Pro Day times are worthless, just like player height and weight, colleges usually massage the numbers a bit. The combine time is what's important, and 4.61 isn't that fast. It's good enough to deal with most receivers, but you can't put him up against someone like Desean, OBJ, AB, those speedy guys that'll run right by you. You can see it in the tape. He consistently gets beat by fast receivers when he can't jam at the line, and once he's beat he doesn't have the speed to make up the distance. If a receiver has a step on Mills, he isn't catching up to them. That's why people hit him on his speed

Combine times don't matter much either, it's how fast you can react in actual game situations not simulations.

Hindl

Combine times don't matter much either, it's how fast you can react in actual game situations not simulations.

Oh yeah obviously, but what I mean is that a pro day 40 is not an accurate measurement on how fast an athlete can run 40 yards. Schools massage numbers, so if you want an accurate 40 time for whatever reason, a pro day isn't where you look

Fantomex

Thanks for the kind words. I'm ok the only thing that sucks for me is that the car wasn't worth much so I will probably not get much from the insurance company back for it. I was hopeing to run the car a little bit longer as I wanted to invest in real estate.

Man I wanted to beat the fucking shit out of this kid. Had the cops not come I'm convinced I would have done something I would have regreted to this kid.

Fuckface was trying to make a left on the corner of an intercection cutting acorss 2 lanes.

Good thing is you weren't hurt. If you need a car just ask Jak, he's probably gotten enough DUI's that his car is just gathering dust at this point.

bionic77

You have your health and your Switch.

More than most people can say.

Hindl

Question for people playing BotW: What are your favorite regions of the game? Right now I'm basically ready to fight Ganon, I've done everything else. And I kinda beelined the second half of the game, since I wasn't finding much interesting stuff in the last few regions, while the first few regions were full of wonder. I'm curious if it's just a result of me getting a bit burnt out (although ironically now that I've finished all of the dungeons and shit I keep putting off Ganon to explore), or I just explored the more interesting areas first.

My favorite regions are basically the whole Southeastern section of the map. Basically all of Faron and Necluda from the Faron Grasslands to the west up to Mt Lanaryu to the North, but I explored those first. Meanwhile, I found Hebra and Eldin kinda dull, but those were the last few that I tackled

Slo

I think Mixon is going to get drafted in the first round or beginning of the 2nd round despite the tape of him knocking that girl out.

Some team is going to get a deal on a running back who looks a lot like Adrian Peterson running the football.

I always wonder how many things like this are just forgotten in time. How many players in the NFL commit violence like this and are just given a pass, because of how great they are as players.

I don't want Mixon on the Eagles, because of this, but I wonder if I'm being dishonest when I know this type of thing happens in every program, and I am complicit in supporting the drafting and recruitment of players who have off-field issues.

Was Adrian Peterson an abuser coming out of Oklahoma or did he only start to beat his children that he rarely sees when he was deep into his NFL career? Did everyone asking to draft Johnny Manziel or Ezekiel Elliott or Dalvin Cook or Dez Bryant do enough to hold teams and colleges to a higher standard?

I think people as a whole are okay with their musical heroes, filmmakers, actors, and athletes breaking the law as long as it doesn't prevent them from entertaining us on the field, the screen, or the stage.

I want no part of Mixon. Don't care how young and naive he was at the time of the incident.

Anyone who isn't willing to ignore that a man who stayed seated for two weeks in protest of this country's racism is able to understand that.

Side note: If any team I even kinda like drafts Joe Mixon, they can go in the fucking dumpster.

Like, I have a giant problem with Tyreek Hill as a person. He may have went through the probation and classes, but he needs a couple more years before I even think about liking him.

I sincerely hope that the VIkings don't
have to trade up into the first round to
draft Mixon.

bionic77

Question for people playing BotW: What are your favorite regions of the game? Right now I'm basically ready to fight Ganon, I've done everything else. And I kinda beelined the second half of the game, since I wasn't finding much interesting stuff in the last few regions, while the first few regions were full of wonder. I'm curious if it's just a result of me getting a bit burnt out (although ironically now that I've finished all of the dungeons and shit I keep putting off Ganon to explore), or I just explored the more interesting areas first.

My favorite regions are basically the whole Southeastern section of the map. Basically all of Faron and Necluda from the Faron Grasslands to the west up to Mt Lanaryu to the North, but I explored those first. Meanwhile, I found Hebra and Eldin kinda dull, but those were the last few that I tackled
It's a blur for me. The game is so freaking big.

I will say it is not as intense once you get the abilities from the dungeons. They made fighting and getting around a lot easier.

Still loving it.

Hindl

Same. Eldin sucks

Yup not too big on Eldin. I do really like the snow areas in this game, but Mt. Lanaryu is by far the best, while Gerudo Highlands felt pretty empty. On reflection I like Hebra more than I thought. But my favorite sections were whenever it was forest/jungle/beach, which I guess makes sense since I love tropical environments in real life too. Akkala was one of the last I came to, and I wasn't too hot on it to start, but I ended up really enjoying it

BGN3Q66_mu.jpg

So who wants to pitch in a buy a snake skin football?

It's free shipping

$1,220.00

Gobias

Banned
Terry town > that shit goron town. Gerudo village is best village followed by zora's domain just because of the music.
Kakariko would be better if it didn't run at 4 fps

MechDX

@GallantSays talked with a texans player... savage will be starter, texans will not go after romo and will draft a rookie QB.

Paul gallant. Local radio host on the Texans flagship station in Houston. Would not surprise me in the least as Savage is BOB's guy and has been in the system 3 years now. Give him a chance

giphy.gif

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
@GallantSays talked with a texans player... savage will be starter, texans will not go after romo and will draft a rookie QB.

Paul gallant. Local radio host on the Texans flagship station in Houston. Would not surprise me in the least. Savage is BOB's guy. Been in the system 3 years now. Give him a chance

giphy.gif

Tom Penny

Paul gallant. Local radio host on the Texans flagship station in Houston. Would not surprise me in the least as Savage is BOB's guy and has been in the system 3 years now. Give him a chance

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

bionic77

I have to agree that Goron City wasn't that fun to explore.

Haven't been to Gerudo Town yet.
I had an awesome side quest for a shrine in Goron and Rito city last night.

Both were a lot of fun. The Goron one involved feeding a hungry Goron and even their food is adorable. Now that I think about it the Rito one also involved feeding some kids and then solving a simply musical puzzle. Everything was well designed and the art was fantastic for both puzzles.

i still have a lot of places to explore and adventures to have!

Do you guys think part of the problem with Kaep is that he wants to get paid or start and that's why he hasn't been signed?

He left 14.5 million on the table to become a free agent right? It stands to reason he'd want more than that or no?

He didn't leave anything, it's either opt out or get cut by the Niners, he was done in Santa Clara.

Pepiope

Les Bowen ✔ @LesBowen
Lurie: I want to see us use Kelly green as alternate uniform; hopefully it will be resolved next year

Eagles gonna win the SB wearing Kelly green!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I really like carne asada fries but at the same time there's just so much going on and the flavors all blend together. California burritos are better imo

It's almost time for my yearly Ghost Pepper Fries from Wendy's. Nothing on some real ass truck fries but really good for a chain

bionic77

Took a 15 minute break from work that turned into a 45 minute break.

Killed some monster in the desert and used guts to heal dudes shit. Then climbed a tall ass mountain on advice of some random dude in a stable and solved puzzle to open shrine. Then it was night when I got out and I saw a shooting star fall out of the sky and I followed it to where it fell and got something.

Back to work.

Pepiope

I forgot who was it that brought up Mills 40 time

Eliot Crist @EliotCrist
A few of the best corners in the NFL 40 times

AJ Bouye 4.55
Brent Grimes 4.57
Casey Hayward 4.55
Malcom Butler 4.62
Josh Norman 4.66

I forgot who was it that brought up Mills 40 time

Eliot Crist @EliotCrist
A few of the best corners in the NFL 40 times

AJ Bouye 4.55
Brent Grimes 4.57
Casey Hayward 4.55
Malcom Butler 4.62
Josh Norman 4.66
So you are saying that 5 good corners and one terrible one all have 40 times that are close to each other. Interesting.

Top Bottom