• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT2| - I Mean Look What Our Teams Did For Us!

Tom Penny

Random ass question. What is the point of orchestrator dude waving his arms and a wand around? Everyone is reading their sheet music and not even looking at him anyway?

They don't look at him though??

It's complicated but it queues them on when to come in, tempo, rhythm, general sound the musicians know the music pretty well already they don't need the music sheets as much as you'd think. It's all very cool tho once you get into it

Edit: Also remember that it's hard to hear other instruments so everyone needs to make sure they are playing together, regardless of how much you practice that large of a group would be off time pretty quickly.

Here is a quick breakdown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEm8gw74f7Y

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
They don't look at him though??

Jesus fucking Christ Penny have you ever heard of peripheral vision?

When a defensive end is down in a stance do you think he's looking at the opposing Quarterback, listening to when he's going to jump the ball?

No, the ball in the center's hand is in the corner of his eye and as soon as the ball moves ITS GO TIME.

See Detroit Lions defensive line coach here:

https://mobile.twitter.com/anwarrichardson/status/712688521299951617

I imagine it's the same as someone playing the flute as they look at their musical notes yet have the conducter in the corner of their eye.

bionic77

I like Springsteen but never loved his music.

When I was a kid Prince and Michael Jackson just seemed much cooler and I liked their music at the time. Also loved the 80s pop stuff growing up (a lot ended up being garbage though).

Jarnet87

Dancing in the dark is the best kind of 80s pop trash. It also introduced the world to Courteney Cox, her 2nd best role after Masters of The Universe.

Happy Aerobics Appreciation Saturday!

f4e6840d768efb5f5d3e23fffb7ad848.gif

MechDX

John Lynch‏Verified account
@JohnLynch49ers

Follow
More
#Faithful - We've agreed to terms w/ @Tim_Hightower We got better this week with Tim and @DuJuan_Harris. #brickbybrick #welcometothefamily

"#brickbybrick" ? What if I gave you a brick?

Tom Penny

I made 5 pounds of pork Carnitas. One of the only Mexican things I like especially for breakfast with a cracked egg on top and some home fries.

Top Bottom