• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT2| - I Mean Look What Our Teams Did For Us!

MechDX

So according to talking heads on Twitter the texans should

Trade away all their good players
Fire BOB now
Go into complete rebuilding mode
Try to contain the "dumpster fire" the organization has become

Hot takes everywhere

Duxxy3

Fire BOB now

Hot takes everywhere

Give you a third rounder for clowney.

Romo is about to become the Jon Gruden of QBs.

Your starter on a contending team blows out his knee? Someone go kick the tires on Tony

Your QB underperforms? Someone go see if Tony's kept in shape

-Schefter
Tony Romo is leaving football and going into broadcasting, even with Dallas planning to release him today, sources tell @toddarcher and me.

And there it is.

Good for him. I said months ago he has no business continuing to play with his back issues.

this_guy

Would have liked to see Romo on the Texans, but if he replaces Phil Simms during game broadcasts I'm all for it.

Texans can blow up the team but do not take away my free McNuggets!

Rorschach

Fire BOB now

Hot takes everywhere
Who said all those things? Actually, just name the person that said "trade away all their good players." Doesn't seem like a good strategy for any sports team.

effzee

Maybe I am being naive here but why do these broadcasters want him to so bad? I don't follow the ratings game but is the cost to bring in Romo going to be worth it for FOX, CBS, or ESPN?
I mean I watch the games mostly on FOX because the Eagles are an NFC team and most NFC games are on FOX. I don't watch based on who is calling the game or which channel its on.

Hindl

Maybe I am being naive here but why do these broadcasters want him to so bad? I don't follow the ratings game but is the cost to bring in Romo going to be worth it for FOX, CBS, or ESPN?
I mean I watch the games mostly on FOX because the Eagles are an NFC team and most NFC games are on FOX. I don't watch based on who is calling the game or which channel its on.

For big networks it's chump change. Plus, have you heard Phil Simms talk?

MechDX

Who said all those things? Actually, just name the person that said "trade away all their good players." Doesn't seem like a good strategy for any sports team.

Search "Texans" on twitter. Oh and Ben Volin. Cant wait for the texans to destroy fucking Brady

With Romo out BOB should just roll the dice on the QB they like best at 25.

That was basically the plan even with Romo

Jarnet87

Search "Texans" on twitter. Oh and Ben Volin. Cant wait for the texans to destroy fucking Brady

That was basically the plan even with Romo

I hope it's Mahawk.

We can call the middle of the season thread "And you thought It couldn't get worse then Bork"

Duxxy3

Chowdah?

edit:

jtKl3aM.png

effzee

For big networks it's chump change. Plus, have you heard Phil Simms talk?

Right, but if you are paying whatever millions of dollars, how does that translate into ratings and eventually greater revenue?

I think most fans watch CBS if they follow an AFC team and FOX if they follow the NFC. NBC is the sweet spot where it might even matter but again unless the commentary is piss poor, fans tune into the games.

The networks really aren't competing with each other on a head to head basis. They work together and have divided the divisions so their audiences are sort of set.

He's not even the best QB in his quarterbacks room.

You like Foles huh?

NFC East as of now IMO is Manning, Cousins, Dak, and then Wentz.

Dak and Wentz need to show more and do it for more than 1 season before I put them ahead of anyone.

MechDX

Everyone overlooks Savage IS Bobs guy. He drafted him, let him sit and learn behind bridge QBs. Just like everyone says to do with QBs now a days and now everyone is all "Savage is your QB?!?!11 lulz"

The hypocrisy knows no bounds

Everyone overlooks Savage IS Bobs guy. He drafted him, let him sit and learn behind bridge QBs. Just like everyone says to do with QBs now a days and now everyone is all "Savage is your QB?!?!11 lulz"

The hypocrisy knows no bounds

There is a reason Bob keeps playing other people's garbage instead of Savage....you know why Mech....don't do this to yourself

MechDX

There is a reason Bob keeps playing other people's garbage instead of Savage....you know why Mech....don't do this to yourself

He wasnt ready and that is from OBs mouth up until last season. According to reports, we have all seen, Oz was forced on to OB.

People have the memory span of a gnat at times.

Zeke

I'm not really sad Romo is hanging it up I'm more sad that the team didn't have any postseason success with him at qb. Also fuck all the "he was a good player, deserved better" bullshit. Most of these mother fuckers shit on him his entire career cowboy fans included also why I'm glad he won't play for another team. Now give me Aikman, Buck and Romo team calling cowboy games!

WedgeX

Banned
I'm not really sad Romo is hanging it up I'm more sad that the team didn't have any postseason success with him at qb. Also fuck all the "he was a good player, deserved better" bullshit. Most of these mother fuckers shit on him his entire career cowboy fans included also why I'm glad he won't play for another team. Now give me Aikman, Buck and Romo team calling cowboy games!

I feel like Romo should do the color commentary for all of Washington's games this year. Just to torment them.

I wouldn't want him with Aikman and Buck.

Top Bottom