• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT2| - I Mean Look What Our Teams Did For Us!

Hindl

I don't like western RPGs at all, nor MMOs. My top 5 would probably be in no order

Pokemon Gold
Persona 4
Xenoblade
Chrono Trigger
Dark Souls

cdyhybrid

wnPb7ac.png

Cards culture

It's hard for him to pick between two of the three games he's played in the last 20 years
He played that arcade game he had made.. so that's four counting Fire Emblem

Floyd watched Sophie's Choice and thought the Nazis ought to be emulated.

oh my god

I'm honestly speechless..

The first couple hours of Persona 5 are just people taking turns calling you a piece of shit
So basically BG is basically a real life version of the Browns?

*moves myself down Browns-GAF rankings*

bionic77

Bionic

Crono Trigger or Breath of the Wild..

If you had to pick one..
For now it is definitely Chrono Trigger. It has stood the test of time in a way very few games do. I could load it up tomorrow and it would still be awesome. In fact I would put it up against any modern RPG. Thats how you know when shit is an all time classic.

Not taking anything away from Zelda. It is a true masterpiece of gaming. But I won't crown shit without giving it at least 5-10 years to see how it ages. Its not an timer just yet.

Kinda hard to top the best RPG of all time but I still loved it and the music is still on playlists.
It had its moments but call it something else so as not to get up the hopes of CT fans. Then don't kill all of my favorite characters for some stupid side character bullshit. Also the gameplay was not nearly as fun or cool as the originals. And lastly the thing you have to do at the end of the game to get the good ending was incredibly stupid and impossible to figure out without a guide.

In summary. Fuck that game.

All that's left is becoming a Trumpriot fan
Not true..

Become an Oregon/Wazzu fan..

Oh and certainly being a "Michigan Man" (I threw up typing that)

For now it is definitely Chrono Trigger. It has stood the test of time in a way very few games do. I could load it up tomorrow and it would still be awesome. In fact I would put it up against any modern RPG. Thats how you know when shit is an all time classic.

Not taking anything away from Zelda. It is a true masterpiece of gaming. But I won't crown shit without giving it at least 5-10 years to see how it ages. Its not an timer just yet.

It had its moments but call it something else so as not to get up the hopes of CT fans. Then don't kill all of my favorite characters for some stupid side character bullshit. Also the gameplay was not nearly as fun or cool as the originals. And lastly the thing you have to do at the end of the game to get the good ending was incredibly stupid and impossible to figure out without a guide.

1) I understand
2) thank you for explaining why Crono Cross sucks..

Play Chrono, F
It's on the list

The color coding? They beat you over the head with it throughout the whole game how could you not know :/

I will say it had flaws like too many throwaway characters, killing off the main three was dumb I agree to that, but it was trying to be it's own thing and no matter what it wasn't living up to what CT is so I forgive that. Also the combat was too easy, I flew through that game on my first play through, whereas CT took me awhile to get through the black omen, I think I had maybe one difficult boss fight (and might have been a side quest) and CC didn't have any memorable dungeons like CT (Black Omen, Magus Castle, Undersea Place, etc) Overall I still think it's a great RPG and under any other name nobody would trash it so much but because it follows up the best RPG of all time...well yeah it was going to disappoint no matter what.

Chrono Trigger is still the GOAT.

Skies of Arcadia is magical though.

3k5Fx.gif

bionic77

The color coding? They beat you over the head with it throughout the whole game how could you not know :/

I will say it had flaws like too many throwaway characters, killing off the main three was dumb I agree to that, but it was trying to be it's own thing and no matter what it wasn't living up to what CT is so I forgive that. Also the combat was too easy, I flew through that game on my first play through, whereas CT took me awhile to get through the black omen, I think I had maybe one difficult boss fight (and might have been a side quest) and CC didn't have any memorable dungeons like CT (Black Omen, Magus Castle, Undersea Place, etc) Overall I still think it's a great RPG and under any other name nobody would trash it so much but because it follows up the best RPG of all time...well yeah it was going to disappoint no matter what.
It was a good PS1 rpg but it was not good enough to have the name Chrono attached to it.

It had a hype as fuck CG intro. I was willing to believe for a few hours. But in the end I knew it was all a lie. :(

It was a good PS1 rpg but it was not good enough to have the name Chrono attached to it.

It had a hype as fuck CG intro. I was willing to believe for a few hours. But in the end I knew it was all a lie. :(

I think what helped was that I played radical dreamers before CC (which is where the story for CC came from) so I was already familiar with the direction they were heading (it's basically the first few hours until you get past Viper Manor) So I didn't expect a deep connection to CT, when they finally showed up and revealed what had happened I was pretty let down, especially since it's pretty much right towards the end of the game...

Oh and the tease about who Magus is was fucked up, if they were going to include anyone it should have been him, it would have made more sense with the story they were telling anyway. So fuck them for doing that,

maybe I should boot up both games and play through them again (after Horizon)

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I don't remember a lot about Chrono Cross

I remember no time travel, color wheels, a million characters that I don't care about, a furry, jaggy as fuck graphics, and a stupid ass ending with part of the Chrono Trigger cast as children on a beach.

Supposedly Radiant Historia is a total Chrono Trigger ripoff. I may have to try it! Evoland 2 ripped a shitload from CT and was better for it.

Syrinx

I remember no time travel, color wheels, a million characters that I don't care about, a furry, jaggy as fuck graphics, and a stupid ass ending with part of the Chrono Trigger cast as children on a beach.

Supposedly Radiant Historia is a total Chrono Trigger ripoff. I may have to try it! Evoland 2 ripped a shitload from CT and was better for it.
Radiant Historia uses time travel but not like Chrono Trigger.
You aren't exploring different read or anything like that. It's a good game but not really like CT aside from having time travel in general.

RH is sorta and sorta not a CT ripoff (closer to not), but it was one of the/the best JRPG for the DS (Not including ports like CT DS).

Dishwalla

Banned
I bought a Switch. Went to Target for Rogue One Blu Ray and they had one lone Switch sitting in the case, so I bought it. Yay for credit cards!

So now I feel like I belong in NFL GAF.

So are Baten Kaitos and I Am Setsuna but I haven't played either to compare.

bionic77

I bought a Switch. Went to Target for Rogue One Blu Ray and they had one lone Switch sitting in the case, so I bought it. Yay for credit cards!

So now I feel like I belong in NFL GAF.
Take it to the rooftops.

Put in Zelda.

And prepare yourself for some next gen servicing!

Hunter S.

Animu rpgs aka. jrpgs got shit after final fantasy 12. The last really good one. Ps1 final fantasy is the only really good jrpg series.

The souls games and bloodborne are wrpg style.

Hindl

They are basically the same story too. Evil basted takes over land and a group of feminine males and females join up to save the world. 😆

Well replace "group of feminine males and females" with "lone stoic muscular dude" and that sentence basically describes every wrpg

Top Bottom