• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT2| - I Mean Look What Our Teams Did For Us!

Hunter S.

Well yeah, I'm just saying you can really reduce everything if you wanna criticize it. And there have been plenty of excellent JRPGs since 2006. Some of the best ever I'd argue

I have played a few good ones. I just do not like the series of jrpgs other than ff. Have bionic meet me in court!

I don't remember a lot about Chrono Cross

I remember no time travel, color wheels, a million characters that I don't care about, a furry, jaggy as fuck graphics, and a stupid ass ending with part of the Chrono Trigger cast as children on a beach.

Supposedly Radiant Historia is a total Chrono Trigger ripoff. I may have to try it! Evoland 2 ripped a shitload from CT and was better for it.
Radiant Historia is a good game, but I wouldn't call it a CT ripoff. It's a pretty great but pretty low budget time travel RPG.

Enchanted Arms is an underrated RPG. Had a good time with it in the early 360 days. Battle system was cool and the story wasn't half bad, and a couple of the characters cracked me up.

Suikoden series was one of my favorites back in the day. Shame that Konami went down the shitter.

Chrono Trigger is still the king tho.

Hindl

I didn't read anything you guys said but im gonna side with my buddy Hindl.

Thanks for the support friend

I have played a few good ones. I just do not like the series of jrpgs other than ff. Have bionic meet me in court!

Yeah that's fair. I'm on the opposite end. Aside from Dark Souls/Bloodborne I can't stand western RPGs. Skyrim, Oblivion, Witcher, Fallout...never last more than 5-10 hours before I just get bored

For new page:

So Official Mock Draft time: April 10th at 8 a.m. PST

Since the Browns have a team ready, Flo...BG...y'all are on the clock. You have until Noon to make a pick.

Teams without a team will be group pick, first choice to three votes or pick with most votes in two hours get auto-selected.

Remember the pick is who you think your team will pick not who you want (you hear that Mech??)
Write a quick write up on why your team will make that pick and how he fits your team.

1. Cleveland Browns - Flo,BG
2. San Francisco 49ers - bigosc2k, Doomsayer, TheSkullPrince
3. Chicago Bears
4. Jacksonville Jaguars
5. Tennessee Titans (from Los Angeles Rams)
6. New York Jets - Fox
7. Los Angeles Chargers - Fanto
8. Carolina Panthers - Grover
9. Cincinnati Bengals
10. Buffalo Bills
11. New Orleans Saints - dionysus
12. Cleveland Browns (from Philadelphia Eagles)
13. Arizona Cardinals
14. Philadelphia Eagles (from Minnesota Vikings) - Hindl
15. Indianapolis Colts
16. Baltimore Ravens - Blarry
17. Washington Redskins
18. Tennessee Titans
19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Syrinx
20. Denver Broncos
21. Detroit Lions - Kastrioti
22. Miami Dolphins - Dolphins-Gaf
23. New York Giants - BigAT, Futurevoid, Striker
24. Oakland Raiders - Officerrob
25. Houston Texans - Dutch, Mech
26. Seattle Seahawks - cdy
27. Kansas City Chiefs
28. Dallas Cowboys - cashman
29. Green Bay Packers - Elfforkusu - Slo
30. Pittsburgh Steelers - DeaconKnowledge
31. Atlanta Falcons
32. New Orleans Saints (from Patriots) - dionysus

Hunter S.

Broncos take Christian McCaffry like everyone in Colorado that pays a little attention to college ball seems to want. Reunite the boy with father Eddie McCaffrey.

Enchanted Arms is an underrated RPG. Had a good time with it in the early 360 days. Battle system was cool and the story wasn't half bad, and a couple of the characters cracked me up.

Suikoden series was one of my favorites back in the day. Shame that Konami went down the shitter.

Chrono Trigger is still the king tho.

If nothing else Enchanted Arms deserves respect for including Metal Wolf Chaos. One day FromSoftware will bring back that Metal Wolf...one day.

Disgaea is great! Disgaea 5, i got too into the post content, I had to quit or else I wouldn't play anything else. Persona series is great and Nocturne is really good too.

I don't know if I could make a top 5 RPGS but Dark Cloud 2, KOTOR, FF6, FFT, Xenogears, Baulders Gate, Breath of Fire, Dragon Quest 8, Skies of Arcadia, Golden Sun are all up there as some of my favorite.

Oh yeah and Shin Megami and Disgaea were great too

Edit: Valkyrie Profile is another one,

Shit, completely forgot about KOTOR. That's definitely in my top 5

ysO7p2K.jpg

My wife doesn't believe me when I tell her the best star wars story was actually in a videogame but man was Kotor amazing. I wish they could make a movie out of it.

My wife doesn't believe me when I tell her the best star wars story was actually in a videogame but man was Kotor amazing. I wish they could make a movie out of it.

This is true and the only Star Wars I really enjoyed and played through it several times (TFA and R1 were decent/good but I'd never want to watch again), I even carry it around on my tablet.

Striker

The National Football League became the latest entity to move on from Twitter, as it has reached a deal with Amazon to stream several Thursday night games for the upcoming season, the Wall Street Journal reported Tuesday.

Amazon will have largely the same arrangement last year’s Thursday streaming partner, Twitter, did. It will simulcast 10 Thursday night broadcasts, five each from CBS and NBC — including their ads — for subscribers of its Amazon Prime Video streaming service

How the flying fuck am I supposed to get "relevant" work experience when even the fucking relevant internship requires relevant work experience!? I've been studying and working since I was fucking 14, sometimes 2 jobs to pay for everything. When the fuck was I supposed to do an internship at a company that also wants me to have relevant work experience to even start that shit?

NnK6MGl.gif

WedgeX

Banned
How the flying fuck am I supposed to get "relevant" work experience when even the fucking relevant internship requires relevant work experience!? I've been studying and working since I was fucking 14, sometimes 2 jobs to pay for everything. When the fuck was I supposed to do an internship at a company that also wants me to have relevant work experience to even start that shit?

NnK6MGl.gif

Yeah these "work experience" requirements that employers love to grow around are bullshit.

Coming out of undergrad every employer wanted three years of experience for entry positions. Now looking most want 4-6. It's ridiculous.

http://i.imgur.com/NnK6MGl.gif[/][/QUOTE]

The catch-22 of acquiring gainful employment in 2017 (actually anytime post-2009 aka after the world economy died)

You have to have experience to get a job but you can't get experience unless you...have a job.

The 4-6 years experience required for "entry-level" positions is always a trip.

But keep your head up Dutch, I'm sure something will work out!

Hindl

NnK6MGl.gif

Yeah all companies are like that. If it's entry level just apply anyway, even if you don't have the relevant experience. That's what my college counselor told me to do. Companies want that experience but they aren't actually expecting it even if it's a requirement. If you show you're motivated they'll overlook it, at least in my experience

I can't pick just one rpg for best of all time. Panzer dragoon saga, digital devil saga, and KOTOR are my favorites.
That's a solid list right there

effzee

Starting to be really glad they didn't resign Bennie Logan.

I wouldn't say glad. He is older but he was a locker room glue and leader. And this might be a 1 year rental depending on how he plays and how much he wants in FA.

Much more powerful hardware then any console so far and it is fully featured. It will actually play 4k movie disks.

So why not just release a brand new console? I am sure the costs associated with new hardware, upgraded specs/tech, and another new launch are comparable to a new console anyway.

NnK6MGl.gif
Apply for the entry level jobs anyway, don't let those experience requirements deter you.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis

NnK6MGl.gif

You can come work at Degacorp. We require no experience! In anything!

NnK6MGl.gif

Most entry level jobs put that in their requirements to push away lazy people who let the smallest roadblocks get in the way of them actually doing their work. It's a buffer so they don't get flooded with hundreds of applications

Apply anyway. If you have a long work history and you're otherwise qualified they'll at least consider you.

Hindl

I wouldn't say glad. He is older but he was a locker room glue and leader. And this might be a 1 year rental depending on how he plays and how much he wants in FA.

So why not just release a brand new console? I am sure the costs associated with new hardware, upgraded specs/tech, and another new launch are comparable to a new console anyway.

Not really, they don't have to spend years researching new architecture, controller/console exterior design, OS, or any of that stuff. They just throw more power into the same spec. And we reached a tipping point where I think you'll see consoles moving to an Apple-like release, where new consoles will just be the old ones with more power and they'll all be able to play the same games. And eventually the oldest model will stop being supported. For the longest time, consoles were the most powerful computers on the market for a while, so there was no need for fast upgrades. Then with the XBox 360/PS3, you finally got to the point where PCs launching at the same time as consoles were just as powerful. We saw the results of that at the end of last gen where the PS3 and 360 were woefully underpowered and holding back PCs, and the PS4 and XB1 launched with weaker specs than your average PCs. The Scorpio and Pro are just playing catchup so developers aren't bottlenecked by consoles

Farooq

Banned
Late with the Romo news. I guess I can't hate Jerry too much for how it played out..well the fuck should have released Romo sooner.

Anyway, it was a hell of a ride with Romo. Sad his career ends like this, but that is life. I hope he shits on Garrett's inevitable poor coaching decisions in the booth. That would be justice.

Late with the Romo news. I guess I can't hate Jerry too much for how it played out..well the fuck should have released Romo sooner.

Anyway, it was a hell of a ride with Romo. Sad his career ends like this, but that is life. I hope he shits on Garrett's inevitable poor coaching decisions in the booth. That would be justice.

He gets to commentate the Cowboys thanksgiving game

NnK6MGl.gif

Lie.

Other than an unpaid internship, that's the easiest, fastest way to get your foot in the door.

Andrew Groover‏ @APGroover
LSU RB Leonard Fournette weighs in at 228 pounds at @ LSUfootball pro day. Down from 240 at Combine # pathtothedraft

Eric Edholm‏Verified account @Eric_Edholm 2m 2 minutes ago
Eric Edholm Retweeted Andrew Groover
That's lighter than the 230-235 he played at last season.
Ran 4.51 at Combine

Ms has said that they don't want console gens anymore. All xboxs going forward will be both forward and backwards compatible. It will just be a question of do people want the most powerful hardware to run games in 4k, or are they okay with a more middle of the road experience.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
What people fail to remember in to all of the Tony Romo is he a HoFer discussion​ is that only 5 guys per year can get in.

It's fucks up the whole discussion.

Top Bottom