• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT2| - I Mean Look What Our Teams Did For Us!

MechDX

Some sports talk radio is good. I like the ones with former players.

We have Seth Payne in the mornings here in Houston and Ted Johnson for the drive home. Both entertaining and insightful

Why are you listening to sports talk radio
I drive an hour each way everyday. I run out of podcasts quickly​ and I can't stand any of the radio stations out here. So I listen to the sports talk out here even though I don't really care about any of the stuff they talk about. I would love to be able to listen to the stations back home instead.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
How the flying fuck am I supposed to get "relevant" work experience when even the fucking relevant internship requires relevant work experience!? I've been studying and working since I was fucking 14, sometimes 2 jobs to pay for everything. When the fuck was I supposed to do an internship at a company that also wants me to have relevant work experience to even start that shit?

NnK6MGl.gif

Even when you have experience it can be weird. I have over three years of experience but I don't match up with their requirements 100% so I won't get the job.

Basically companies HATE training people

Greg

I drive an hour each way everyday. I run out of podcasts quickly​ and I can't stand any of the radio stations out here. So I listen to the sports talk out here even though I don't really care about any of the stuff they talk about. I would love to be able to listen to the stations back home instead.
death metal fam

WedgeX

Banned
Why aren't YOU listening to sports radio?

I was about to say I hadn't listened to sports radio since the 90s...

And then I realized I listen to the Lions radio network on gamedays when I can. And about how magical it is listening to radio broadcasts of baseball and hockey.

Sanjuro

I was about to say I hadn't listened to sports radio since the 90s...

And then I realized I listen to the Lions radio network on gamedays when I can. And about how magical it is listening to radio broadcasts of baseball and hockey.

Listening to baseball on the radio is great. NFL is a mixed bag, but you generally get at the very least a higher quality booth crew.

K-pop, friend

I listen to the local sports talk radio pretty regularly. Enjoy a few shows, but also rage quit a lot. Usually when Grossi comes on with something uninformed or uses the word "analytics" even know we all know he has no idea what it is or how it's used. Mary Kay will also start going on about Jimmy G is 1A, and Browns should trade for Mccarron. He's 1B

Sanjuro

You dare insult the sports pope?!

pope-mike.jpg

Xia, ban this blasphemer!

Look, I nevah said that.....

......And who is this Xia..Xi...Xiaf? What is he a friend of yours or something.......

PeterGAF

Banned
How the flying fuck am I supposed to get "relevant" work experience when even the fucking relevant internship requires relevant work experience!? I've been studying and working since I was fucking 14, sometimes 2 jobs to pay for everything. When the fuck was I supposed to do an internship at a company that also wants me to have relevant work experience to even start that shit?

NnK6MGl.gif
I hear you on that! It's the inbread world of business! I'm still looking for a good full time gig after graduating a year ago because every entry level job wants like 3 years experience lol. I still apply to them all though because the worst they can do is say no, and I even got an interview with one of those companies so it's worth applying regardless. Unfortunately when the other person interviewing actually has those three years experience they're gonna go with them...

Hindl

I dunno, man. It's no different from watching the news. If you go all in, you're bound to leave stupider.

The alternative is listening to the same four songs play every hour.

I don't watch news either. I just got to NY Times, WaPo and stuff like that for news. But I don't really listen to the radio anyway, I use Spotfiy to listen to music and PocketCast for podcasts. Plus I think Philly talk radio is a special brand of awful.

Fair. You could get Spotify or Pandora free and just listen to their generated radio stations too

NnK6MGl.gif

I take it to mean that they want your daddy or mommy to have worked within the same industry haha.

Corporate life, amirite?

Sanjuro

I don't watch news either. I just got to NY Times, WaPo and stuff like that for news. But I don't really listen to the radio anyway, I use Spotfiy to listen to music and PocketCast for podcasts. Plus I think Philly talk radio is a special brand of awful.

Fair. You could get Spotify or Pandora free and just listen to their generated radio stations too

Yeah, but I want to listen to sports! I don't live in Iowa or something.

Fantomex

If you have an iphone or droid, you can download this app called TuneIn Radio. It lets you listen to radio stations in any zip code AM/FM. Whenever I feel bad about my life, I tune into ESPN 850 (Cleveland) and it makes me feel better.

If you have an iphone or droid, you can download this app called TuneIn Radio. It lets you listen to radio stations in any zip code AM/FM. Whenever I feel bad about my life, I tune into ESPN 850 (Cleveland) and it makes me feel better.
I do use that some times, thank you for the suggestion. My problem is I get 4 gigs of shared data and my wife plays pokemon go and man that game uses a lot.

Fantomex

I do use that some times, thank you for the suggestion. My problem is I get 4 gigs of shared data and my wife plays pokemon go and man that game uses a lot.

Switch the setting from High Quality to Standard or Low. It still sounds good and takes very little data.

850 has some pretty bad personalities, Grossi being the main insider for them. They have some good though, windy occasionally makes appearances during Cavs season. 92.3 the fan is probably all around better but 850 has Browns daily which is pretty good

I use the TuneIn app too

bionic77

NnK6MGl.gif
The easiest thing to do is apply outside your city and move where the jobs are.

I remember when I was in college everyone moved to Cali (actually that still seems to be true except now there no jobs).

For awhile I knew a lot of people who moved to Texas for a good job and I even know two attorneys who went to Dubai to get the job they wanted.

Pepiope

The easiest thing to do is apply outside your city and move where the jobs are.

I remember when I was in college everyone moved to Cali (actually that still seems to be true except now there no jobs).

For awhile I knew a lot of people who moved to Texas for a good job and I even know two attorneys who went to Dubai to get the job they wanted.
I've been on the fence between staying in Philly and moving out west to Vegas or something after I gradate.

bionic77

Ms has said that they don't want console gens anymore. All xboxs going forward will be both forward and backwards compatible. It will just be a question of do people want the most powerful hardware to run games in 4k, or are they okay with a more middle of the road experience.
I had this argument with a friend.

Now that Xbox and PS4 went to x86 I feel like this is what they are both going to do. The question is how will they get people to upgrade in large numbers because otherwise they will always be stuck to the lowest common denominator. And eventually how do they cut off the least powerful version.

bionic77

I've been on the fence between staying in Philly and moving out west to Vegas or something after I gradate.
It's not an easy choice.

I would say that if unsure move while you are young.

Once you get experience you can always come back to the best coast. Though it has not worked out that way for Yankee so far...

Hindl

I had this argument with a friend.

Now that Xbox and PS4 went to x86 I feel like this is what they are both going to do. The question is how will they get people to upgrade in large numbers because otherwise they will always be stuck to the lowest common denominator. And eventually how do they cut off the least powerful version.

I think it'll happen naturally. The cycles will probably be every 3 years, Apple has done wonders for getting people used to upgrading technology frequently. As long as they message it right, they can just come out with upgraded specs every couple of years in the same architecture. 3 years from now they release Scorpio 2, and at that point OG XB1 is 7 years old. That's a long time to have a single console. I think people will realize at that point that they need to upgrade, and Scorpio will become the new baseline

Pepiope

It's not an easy choice.

I would say that if unsure move while you are young.

Once you get experience you can always come back to the best coast. Though it has not worked out that way for Yankee so far...
Yeah that was my line of thinking. I don't want to stay, then get stuck here being content while wondering what could've been.

And I could still catch my Eagles beating the Las Vegas Raiders.

bionic77

I think it'll happen naturally. The cycles will probably be every 3 years, Apple has done wonders for getting people used to upgrading technology frequently. As long as they message it right, they can just come out with upgraded specs every couple of years in the same architecture. 3 years from now they release Scorpio 2, and at that point OG XB1 is 7 years old. That's a long time to have a single console. I think people will realize at that point that they need to upgrade, and Scorpio will become the new baseline
Yeah that seems like the obvious way to go but it is a lot harder to pull off in the actual execution.

Yeah I fucking loved nocturne. Did you play digital devil saga? I thought that game was amazing.
Haven't played it yet but I've been wanting to try them, I was just starting on the Raidou series when I had to go to basic. Hopefully they get released on ps4 so I can play them.

Top Bottom