• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT2| - I Mean Look What Our Teams Did For Us!

Tom Penny

Poor Blount. You're a 30 year old running back mang...

“See, tell them I still got it. Give me some money,” Blount said, via Chris Mannix of Yahoo Sports.

Hindl

With the 1st pick of the 2017 draft, in a stunning twist, Floy rushes past Hue to draft his favorite player from his favorite college. The Cleveland Floys select Jabrill Peppers, Michigan

Jarnet87

Dieter Kurtenbach @ Foxsports did a 4 round mock where no Running Backs went in the top 20. He mistakenly had the Bucs taking Peppers.

Sanjuro

Morning radio brought up the article about Gronk getting away with things that black players would not.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...stance-players-see-double-standard-with-gronk

I was pretty amused with the suggestions callers had like Lawrence Taylor, Dennis Rodman, and the 90s Cowboys. The host's reaction was basically, "Yeah, cause they all got away with it!"

The Gronk example is very hard to duplicate. I can't think of anyone else that has had his situation.

Attn: 4 Loko has 2 new flavors, frost and blaze, and they are stronger then their regular flavors.
tenor.gif

Tom Penny

Morning radio brought up the article about Gronk getting away with things that black players would not.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...stance-players-see-double-standard-with-gronk

I was pretty amused with the suggestions callers had like Lawrence Taylor, Dennis Rodman, and the 90s Cowboys. The host's reaction was basically, "Yeah, cause they all got away with it!"

The Gronk example is very hard to duplicate. I can't think of anyone else that has had his situation.

A player that is best in the game when healthy gets away with things. That is definitely unprecedented in sports.

BigAT

They all got away with it in a pre-internet, pre-24 hour news era. You can add about 1000 players to a list (Jordan included) of people that would be fucked if their careers existed in the time of Twitter and TMZ.

Sanjuro

They all got away with it in a pre-internet, pre-24 hour news era. You can add about 1000 players to a list (Jordan included) of people that would be fucked if their careers existed in the time of Twitter and TMZ.

That was the problem. Names like Broadway Joe and the entire drug fueled NBA era. Going back like 90s onward there isn't a matchable comparison.

A player that is best in the game when healthy gets away with things. That is definitely unprecedented in sports.

But he wouldn't get away with things. Someone brought up Giants boat and Gronk would have gotten absolutely roasted for that.

Jarnet87

That was the problem. Names like Broadway Joe and the entire drug fueled NBA era. Going back like 90s onward there isn't a matchable comparison.

But he wouldn't get away with things. Someone brought up Giants boat and Gronk would have gotten absolutely roasted for that.

Hasn't most of the dumb shit Gronk does been in the offseason. Biggest controversy I can think of was him partying after getting injured and they lost.

For new page:

So Official Mock Draft time: April 10th at 8 a.m. PST

Since the Browns have a team ready, Flo...BG...y'all are on the clock. You have until Noon to make a pick.

Teams without a team will be group pick, first choice to three votes or pick with most votes in two hours get auto-selected.

Remember the pick is who you think your team will pick not who you want (you hear that Mech??)
Write a quick write up on why your team will make that pick and how he fits your team.

1. Cleveland Browns - Flo,BG
2. San Francisco 49ers - bigosc2k, Doomsayer, TheSkullPrince
3. Chicago Bears
4. Jacksonville Jaguars
5. Tennessee Titans (from Los Angeles Rams)
6. New York Jets - Fox
7. Los Angeles Chargers - Fanto
8. Carolina Panthers - Grover
9. Cincinnati Bengals
10. Buffalo Bills
11. New Orleans Saints - dionysus
12. Cleveland Browns (from Philadelphia Eagles)
13. Arizona Cardinals
14. Philadelphia Eagles (from Minnesota Vikings) - Hindl
15. Indianapolis Colts
16. Baltimore Ravens - Blarry
17. Washington Redskins
18. Tennessee Titans
19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Syrinx
20. Denver Broncos
21. Detroit Lions - Kastrioti
22. Miami Dolphins - Dolphins-Gaf
23. New York Giants - BigAT, Futurevoid, Striker
24. Oakland Raiders - Officerrob
25. Houston Texans - Dutch, Mech
26. Seattle Seahawks - cdy
27. Kansas City Chiefs
28. Dallas Cowboys - cashman
29. Green Bay Packers - Elfforkusu - Slo
30. Pittsburgh Steelers - DeaconKnowledge
31. Atlanta Falcons
32. New Orleans Saints (from Patriots) - dionysus

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Eh, part of it is that people aren't clutching pearls over what tight ends are doing in their free time. Usually when I see people discussing the racial double standard, they're talking about quarterbacks who are held to a much higher standard than any other position.

OBJ got shit on for hanging out in Florida before the game but I honestly didn't understand that one too much other than media and fans venting their frustration with a player with uneven performance. Which is the other side of the coin, winning cures all so nobody gives a shit about Gronk.

Striker

Eh, part of it is that people aren't clutching pearls over what tight ends are doing in their free time. Usually when I see people discussing the racial double standard, they're talking about quarterbacks who are held to a much higher standard than any other position.

OBJ got shit on for hanging out in Florida before the game but I honestly didn't understand that one too much other than media and fans venting their frustration with a player with uneven performance. Which is the other side of the coin, winning cures all so nobody gives a shit about Gronk.
Yea. The boat stuff is never a problem if OBJ and the crew hadn't kept dropping balls. They put it on themselves. The article is reaching hard.

Top Bottom