• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Training Camp/Preseason |OT| - If you don't like it, you should have made it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeke

So Elliott is suing the NFL now. Claiming conspiracy to hide critical information.
The petition claims that Elliott's suspension, even after appeal, was a "product of a process that has already deprived the Union and Elliott of fundamental fairness," "one of the most fundamentally unfair arbitral processes conceivable" and part of a "League-orchestrated conspiracy by senior NFL executives ... to hide critical information."
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...ms-a-conspiracy-to-hide-critical-information/
This whole thing is one giant Shit show

Zeke

I'd put money on a lockout happening. NFLPA needs to start advising players to start saving up money in preparation for a lockout. The next cba is going to be a dog fight. Hopefully the players come out on top.

Slo

In the history of the league, 63 teams have gone 4-0 in the preseason, dating back to 1946.

Those 63 teams went on to win 510 games in their regular seasons.

510 wins divided by 63 teams is an average of...

8.09 wins per year

I wish I was joking but I'm not.

Hold up, are you saying that on across all teams and across multiple seasons, the average an NFL team wins 50% of their games and loses the other 50%?

Skytylz

Banned
Hold up, are you saying that on across all teams and across multiple seasons, the average an NFL team wins 50% of their games and loses the other 50%?

No. 1946 - 1978 they played 14 games or less. So the winning percentage is definitely over 50%.

MechDX

We did it, fam. :`)

]

DIl4QUGXgAAeu55.jpg:large

Line_HTX

I'd put money on a lockout happening. NFLPA needs to start advising players to start saving up money in preparation for a lockout. The next cba is going to be a dog fight. Hopefully the players come out on top.

Honestly, it really needs to happen and can't come soon enough.

BigAT

Honestly, it really needs to happen and can't come soon enough.

What do either of you think has happened since the NFLPA readily agreed to the last CBA? They haven't even had a change in leadership.

Draxal

What do either of you think has happened since the NFLPA readily agreed to the last CBA? They haven't even had a change in leadership.

I think this is unfair to DMS.

The reality of the situation is that the average career of an NFL player is three to five years. There are 55 players on a roster, and there are so many leeches to every NFL player. The owners know this, the players know this, players have zero leverage compared to other sports.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

First you would 4-0 to be the average result of a preseason game. Secondly id be interested to see a breakdown by starters versus back benchers and special plays and weird drills.

Tom Penny

I'm going to take part in a fantasy draft for the first time tonight.

Any tips for a rookie?
Look at the scoring system it's literally the most important thing. Draft a RB is a myth especially in PPR. There are two elite ones in the whole league who will be gone after the first two picks.

BigAT

I think this is unfair to DMS.

The reality of the situation is that the average career of an NFL player is three to five years. There are 55 players on a roster, and there are so many leeches to every NFL player. The owners know this, the players know this, players have zero leverage compared to other sports.

I'm not being entirely dismissive of the realities he has to deal with. My main point is that none of the factors you mentioned, which make bargaining a difficulty for the NFLPA, have changed since the last CBA was signed in 2011.

MechDX

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...fundraising-crosses-14-million-mark/#comments

In addition to Watt's work, many NFL teams have made their own donations to relief organizations. The Giants are one of the latest to join that list with an announcement during Thursday night's game that they are donating $1 million to be split among Americares, the Red Cross and the Houston Food Bank.

Good job Giants. Should have one done million and one though and sent the receipt to Kraft with "So close yet again- Love Eli"

RBH

Six-second ads made their broadcast debut earlier this month, and now Fox Networks Group is ready to deploy them in its portfolio’s biggest moneymaker: NFL games.

The company first rolled out the six-second ad during the Teen Choice 2017 awards on Aug. 13 and is expanding the format to Fox Sports telecasts, including NFL and Major League Baseball games on Fox, and FS1 telecasts of college football and Major League Soccer games.

The six-second ads will debut on America’s Game of the Week—the highest-rated NFL program each week—on Sept. 10, when the Green Bay Packers host the Seattle Seahawks at Lambeau Field.

Fox will vary its deployment depending on the sport. Some spots could appear in-game, while others will air via shorter ad loads featuring multiple six-second spots.
http://www.adweek.com/tv-video/fox-...ond-ads-during-nfl-baseball-and-soccer-games/

Gigglepoo

Look at the scoring system. Draft a RB is a myth especially in PPR. There are two elite ones in the whole league who will be gone after the first two picks.

That's what I think. Plus, the top RBs always get hurt. Always. It seems safer to draft great QBs and WRs early and then take flyers on RBs late and hope one hits.

You can't go wrong with Rodgers and ODB as your top two picks instead of thinking Ajayi and Howard will be as good this year.

Tom Penny

That's what I think. Plus, the top RBa always get hurt. Always. It seems safer to draft great QBs and WRs and TEs early and then take flyers on RBs late and hope one hits.

You can't go wrong with Rodgers and ODB as your top two picks instead of thinking Ajayi and Howard will be as good this year.
Everything is predicated on scoring system. Two of my league are two QB... You draft a RB first your an automatic donation. Unless you like trotting out Alex Smith and Mike Glennon lol

Slo

First you would 4-0 to be the average result of a preseason game. Secondly id be interested to see a breakdown by starters versus back benchers and special plays and weird drills.

Average winning percentage of all NFL teams, for every game, season, team, player, coach, city, everything, backups or starters: .500
excluding ties.

Average winning percentage of NFL teams that went 4-0 in the preseason, based on 8.09 wins/season: .505625

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Average winning percentage of all NFL teams, for every game, season, team, player, coach, city, everything, backups or starters: .500
excluding ties.

Average winning percentage of NFL teams that went 4-0 in the preseason, based on 8.09 wins/season: .505625

It includes ties, too. Math isn't the strong suit of nfl-gaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom