• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Training Camp/Preseason |OT| - If you don't like it, you should have made it

Status
Not open for further replies.
DIgK5bMUwAA7KMX.jpg:large

Gata broke curfew in Houston. His reign of terror is finally over
Let that man go

MechDX

They signed him to that money without even meeting him, they were falling over themselves to give him that contract. He shouldn't give back one single penny of it.

How is it Brocks fault the Texans front office was incompetent and signed a scrub to that contract.

wait wait wait

a broke ass Onion made a petition as a joke and mech is in here defending it

ffs

Jeez I posted it as a joke how the hell did I "defend" it? You people are all taking it seriously

Didnt kill him. he will be taken somewhere and released.
hopefully breaded and released into a pot of boiling oil.....mmmmmmm

Despite the Bills being a complete shitshow and potentially having to start a rookie 5th rounder at QB, they are still 7 point favorites over the Jets

SonnyBoy

Im hoping the head of the NFLPA is making provisions for lesser paid players during this inevitable lockout. I'd hope that established earners in the league have been contributing to a pool of money to assist the incoming rookie draft class of whatever year ends up locked out.

The players have to remain steadfast and remind all concerned parties that us fans aren't there to watch them. We want to see the players. I don't give a f*ck about the Kraft, Snyder, Jerruh, etc. Thw owners would sh*t bricks if they were 4 weeks into the NFL season and no games had been played.

Hold up, are you saying that on across all teams and across multiple seasons, the average an NFL team wins 50% of their games and loses the other 50%?
It's a very specific sample size of 63 teams across different years, different eras, and different regular season formats. 8 win average definitely wasn't guaranteed like it would be if you took every team in a season and averaged out their win totals.

It also included strike years, 10/12/14 game season years, and a few other variables. If anything, the "average" should've been below 8 wins.

manfestival

just about done with the bucs. their depth is awful and their starting line is already getting injured. this season is ALMOST over for them

Spinluck

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
RIP in pieces Matt Barkley:

http://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/Beathard-s-run-to-remember-highlights-49ers-12166056.php

Beathard played the first half and was replaced by undrafted rookie Nick Mullens, a candidate for the practice squad who didn't play in the first three preseason games. The 49ers didn't play Matt Barkley, who will be cut if they keep just two quarterbacks when they pare their roster to 53 players Saturday.

”There was nothing Matt could have done in that game to change our feeling on him," Shanahan said. ”I need to see more of C.J. And I also wanted to see Nick. We haven't given Nick a chance to play."

Barkley didn't dazzle during the offseason, a recurring theme during his four-year career. Of the 63 quarterbacks who have thrown 250 passes since 2013, Barkley's passer rating (63.7) ranks last, and his completion percentage (59.8) is 41st.

Will Sam Darnold continue to legacy of USC QBs performing poorly in the NFL? Palmer seems to be the only exception. I guess there's also Peete who did well enough to remain as a backup for as long as he did.

Remember when Barkley was supposed to be the number 1 overall pick had he come out as a junior? I wonder what would have happened had he done that. Would he have been exposed by the combine process?

Line_HTX

I remember being without power for like 3 weeks when Wilma hit over 10 years ago. Shit is rough. It's Florida though and we are kind of a shitty swamp in most parts. Can't imagine how it is with an actual city being hammered.

Not just the city, but the whole region from Corpus Christi to Orange.

It's been too difficult to be snarky at the division. I really hope your team does well. Kind of need it, honestly.

What. I drink it once in the morning, and sometimes have another cup on my break.

Cofy is mana from the gods

Half my office "needs" coffee to get out of bed. And then again when they get into work around 8 or 9. And then again during any meeting we have. And then again for lunch. And then again later in the day. And then they grab more for the road before they leave. It's not one or two guys, it's like half my office. They're also all wildly unproductive.

RIP in pieces Matt Barkley:

http://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/Beathard-s-run-to-remember-highlights-49ers-12166056.php

Will Sam Darnold continue to legacy of USC QBs performing poorly in the NFL? Palmer seems to be the only exception. I guess there's also Peete who did well enough to remain as a backup for as long as he did.

This is what terrifies me as a Jets fan. If he declares for the draft and we get him, he's gunna be another Sanchez/Leinart/Barkley. If he Manning's us and declares next year, he'll be Peyton 2.0.

There's no way to win here and it makes me sad ☹️

This is what terrifies me as a Jets fan. If he declares for the draft and we get him, he's gunna be another Sanchez/Leinart/Barkley. If he Manning's us and declares next year, he'll be Peyton 2.0.

There's no way to win here and it makes me sad ☹️

I think size and arm strength were always concerns for Sanchez and Barkley. Leinart I thought for sure was going to make it, but he couldn't overcome his slow release and his love for hot tubs and co-eds.

Im hoping the head of the NFLPA is making provisions for lesser paid players during this inevitable lockout. I'd hope that established earners in the league have been contributing to a pool of money to assist the incoming rookie draft class of whatever year ends up locked out.

The players have to remain steadfast and remind all concerned parties that us fans aren't there to watch them. We want to see the players. I don't give a f*ck about the Kraft, Snyder, Jerruh, etc. Thw owners would sh*t bricks if they were 4 weeks into the NFL season and no games had been played.

You're going to be disappointed.

All the owners need to do is freeze the players out for a month before players crack and beg the NFLPA to end the lockout so the money tap starts flowing again. The majority of players here are young guys who've never had to deal with the responsibility of a large amount of money before in their life, or older heads who are up to their ears in bad investments and/or alimony payments.

cdyhybrid

I only have one cup in the morning on weekdays. None on weekends
unless I'm in Vegas

Remember when Barkley was supposed to be the number 1 overall pick had he come out as a junior? I wonder what would have happened had he done that. Would he have been exposed by the combine process?
I assume if he declared then scouts would have started watching his tape and picked him apart.

effzee

So much depends on where he ends up. If he went #1 to a team who invested in developing him and surrounding him with talent he could have had a better shot.

So much depends on where he ends up. If he went #1 to a team who invested in developing him and surrounding him with talent he could have had a better shot.

Plus if he went first overall teams would have bent over backwards to give him shots. No one wants to admit they blew the top pick in the draft.

effzee

On the NFLPA and Zeke...

I'll never get why the NFLPA let's the less than 5% of players dictate the fights they pick.

The majority of players don't seem to have trouble with domestic violence or any other crime. This is what they want to go into a lockout for? Lowering practice time, limiting hitting, and shortening TC made sense and was a good fight for all the players. Getting a bigger pie of the revenue? Sure.

Fighting for guys who can't keep their hands off of women, possibly costing players millions doesn't seem worth it. 90% of the guys only have a 2-3 window to play in the league and make decent money. Now they have to forfeit it for the Zekes and Greg Hardy's of the world?

Draxal

I'm not being entirely dismissive of the realities he has to deal with. My main point is that none of the factors you mentioned, which make bargaining a difficulty for the NFLPA, have changed since the last CBA was signed in 2011.

I mean there's really little anything he can do, the NFLPA are the browns of player unions they're just cursed for life.

True but JaMarcus Russell only lasted three season before getting kicked out.

There were stories about him skipping team meetings to party in vegas and such so I think the Raiders giving up on him so quickly was more of a special case. If he had come in and been focused on football and tried his best I bet they would have given him more chances.

Edit: https://www.heise.de/newsticker/meld...e-3820194.html

Originally Posted by heide.de translated from german
A HDMI licensing spokesman confirmed that they currently assume that the Microsoft's forthcoming Xbox One X releasing November 7 will be the first device to already support HDMI 2.1.

Cool that MS will be supporting HDMI 2.1, it is always nice when companies do forward thinking stuff like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom