• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Training Camp/Preseason |OT| - If you don't like it, you should have made it

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
lol going over some tape from Cutler....oh football gods help us

I think we have some prime time games this year too!

Cian Fahey‏Verified account @Cianaf 3h3 hours ago
Replying to @NFLFilmStudy

30.5% of Cutler's yards in 2015 came on plays where the ball didn't travel further than two yards downfield, huge number @NFLFilmStudy

:jnc

How are the 'fins backs at screens? How are the 'fins receivers at bubble screens? How are the 'fins tight ends at tight end screens?

LionPride

Banned
I liked Tyrod a lot. I look at his injury and the ceiling of his team, and just don't see it. I think to be successful in his career he is going to have to be one of those rare mid-season injury trades if he produces.
I think he'll succeed on any team named not the Bills

Cian Fahey‏Verified account @Cianaf 3h3 hours ago

30.5% of Cutler's yards in 2015 came on plays where the ball didn't travel further than two yards downfield, huge number @NFLFilmStudy

:jnc

How are the 'fins backs at screens? How are the 'fins receivers at bubble screens? How are the 'fins tight ends at tight end screens?

Judging from last year? Awful...just really awful.

lol going over some tape from Cutler....oh football gods help us

I think we have some prime time games this year too!

At least he's with Gase again. Best year of his career I believe.

DGkHAgEXkAYn5BR.jpg

DGkjuO7WsAEhRBA.jpg

Believe, my friend.

8-8

At least he's with Gase again. Best year of his career I believe.

DGkHAgEXkAYn5BR.jpg

DGkjuO7WsAEhRBA.jpg

Believe, my friend.

8-8

Only because...

@NFLFilmStudy 4h4 hours ago

Ian Wharton Retweeted Juan Bereijo

Gase had Cutler playing like Brian Hoyer. It led to some decent-looking numbers, but Gase gave Tannehill more freedom last year

@NFLFilmStudy 21h21 hours ago

I'm going through Cutler's 2015 season as a refresher to see how Gase utilized him. Was similar to Jim Bob Cooter's scaling back of Stafford

Scale/dumb down the offense to mitigated the damage the QB can do, it's the exact same thing he did with Tebow when they went to the playoffs.

But yet Cutler is an upgrade over Tannehill according to our resident experts :/

MechDX

Only because...

Scale/dumb down the offense to mitigated the damage the QB can do, it's the exact same thing he did with Tebow when they went to the playoffs.

But yet Cutler is an upgrade over Tannehill according to our resident experts :/

Considering what happened this is the best case scenario. Look at the Vikings last year. It cost them a first round pick and they got jack for it

Have some damn faith

Only because...

Also Texans great David Carr
"This is an improvement at QB... this guy makes the Miami Dolphins a scary team." - @DCarr8

Could always be worse. I remember when the Raiders brought in Matt "pick six" Schoob. Probably one of my lowest points.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Tannethrill is better than Cutler.

The best thing one can say about Cutler is that the JETS thought he was too good to lead their tank job.

Considering what happened this is the best case scenario. Look at the Vikings last year. It cost them a first round pick and they got jack for it

Have some damn faith

Faith in what tho? That we're going to reach the playoffs and have a chance? lol not likely and even with Tannehill that wasn't likely because our defense is still burning garbage.

Also Texans great David Carr

Could always be worse. I remember when the Raiders brought in Matt "pick six" Schoob. Probably one of my lowest points.

lol David has a lot a few marbles since being on the Texans. I just think it's needless, we have Moore, ride with him, why spend 10 million on a QB that isn't going to be much different than what Moore will give you? Season is sunk, move on to next year, we still need pieces on the Oline and defense to have any real shot.

Tall4Life

today i realized that the LA part in NOLA means louisiana, as in new orleans lousiana

i knew NOLA meant new orleans but i didnt understand the second part until now...

Gase was Tebow's QB coach, not his coordinator. Mike McCoy was the coordinator. But regardless, the "scaling back" the Broncos did with Tebow isn't even close to the same thing as what Gase did with the Bears. The Bears had a shaky, at best, offensive line. The team relied on quick passes and receiver screens, much like Trestman did the season before, to help cover up the line. Cutler still had full command of the offense and wasn't limited in any way. He threw for 3600 yards and 21 touchdowns. Using your point of comparison, Tebow got 1700 yards and 12 touchdowns. If Gase was hiding him, he did a piss poor job of it.

Gase was Tebow's QB coach, not his coordinator. Mike McCoy was the coordinator. But regardless, the "scaling back" the Broncos did with Tebow isn't even close to the same thing as what Gase did with the Bears. The Bears had a shaky, at best, offensive line. The team relied on quick passes and receiver screens, much like Trestman did the season before, to help cover up the line. Cutler still had full command of the offense and wasn't limited in any way. He threw for 3600 yards and 21 touchdowns. Using your point of comparison, Tebow got 1700 yards and 12 touchdowns. If Gase was hiding him, he did a piss poor job of it.

He wasn't "hiding" him but limited the offense to what Tebow did "well" (which isn't much) and Cutler had control...but it was a limited offense. And Gase reduced it to a bunch of screens/dumpoffs because Cutler is below average downfield and makes terrible decisions so he dumbed/slowed down the offense.

@Cianaf

@NFLFilmStudy 5h5 hours ago

Not really. I'm charting his season right now. Through the Minnesota Week 8 game, Cutler only threw 46 of 189 (24%) passes beyond 10 yards

@Cianaf 5h5 hours ago

That would have ranked last in 2016.

The idea that Cutler is even close to Tannehill is laughable and just shows ignorance/bias or both.

Actually my uncle works for the FBI and he said people lie on the internet quite frequently. You should maybe do some research before posting something so foolish again.

notsurprisedkirk.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom