• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Training Camp/Preseason |OT| - If you don't like it, you should have made it

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 2m2 minutes ago
More
Specifics of #Dolphins QB Jay Cutler's contract: 1 year, $5M base, $5M in bonuses, up to $3M more in incentives.

Not that bad a deal

DGkZPDGUMAAdslL.jpg

This is my life now...nothing but memes

;_;

Edit:
@JeffDarlington 42s42 seconds ago

Cutler makes it interesting, but I keep thinking about something Gase told me day before injury: ”Ryan is going to be a monster this year."

What could have been...

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
The idea that the league as welcomed back so many dudes with a ton of bad shit in their pasts and nobody has signed Kap is obvious that shady shit has gone on.

I mean he's clearly better than like 90% of the backups at the very least. Let alone shit like the Jets where he's clearly better than any QB on their current roster.

It's bullshit, but I think it's been fairly obvious nobody is gonna take a flier on Kap. I don't know why people would be stunned now. It's not like this is new.

MechDX

[/IMG]

This is my life now...nothing but memes

;_;

I looked at OTC for the Dolphins next year
https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/miami-dolphins

Suh is killing your cap. I didnt know how back loaded that deal was, holy shit. Sadly If jay plays decently Tannehill is a prime candidate to rework his deal. They can save 11 million by cutting him. Also who is Ja\'Wuan James?

Dolphins should go all Texans next year and try to salary dump trade Suh to a team with loads of cap space

EDIT: Even in 2019 Suh is STILL upside down on savings vs. cap hit so they cant cut him then either.

I looked at OTC for the Dolphins next year
https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/miami-dolphins

Suh is killing your cap. I didnt know how back loaded that deal was, holy shit. Sadly If jay plays decently Tannehill is a prime candidate to rework his deal. They can save 11 million by cutting him. Also who is Ja\’Wuan James?

Dolphins should go all Texans next year and try to salary dump trade Suh to a team with loads of cap space

Tannehill will probably restructure and Miami could have taken a lot of Suhs contract last year but decided to pull a stupid restructure that lead to the massive hit next year...

James is our starting RT...who shouldn't even be on the team honestly.

No way they cut Tannehill, that would just be stupid

MechDX

Tannehill will probably restructure and Miami could have taken a lot of Suhs contract last year but decided to pull a stupid restructure that lead to the massive hit next year...

James is our starting RT...who shouldn't even be on the team honestly.

No way they cut Tannehill, that would just be stupid

Not saying they will but a QB coming off a now confirmed ACL tear has no leverage in this situation.

That Suh deal is still making me wonder what the hell they were thinking

Not saying they will but a QB coming off a now confirmed ACL tear has no leverage in this situation.

That Suh deal is still making me wonder what the hell they were thinking

No but you don't just cut him, they'll work something out.

Yeah the Suh thing is dumb....they didn't even need the cap space they created when they restructured him last year, they could have just ate the cost then...smh

MechDX

No but you don't just cut him, they'll work something out.

Yeah the Suh thing is dumb....they didn't even need the cap space they created when they restructured him last year, they could have just ate the cost then...smh

Compared his deal to Watt's for shits n giggles

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/houston-texans

Rick Smith is a damn genius in comparison. Watts numbers are incredibly lower each year and next year his deal is no longer upside down

MechDX

Breaking news: The New England Patriots have been declared AFC East champions.

This is why everyone who posts here should pour all there hope into one Thomas Benjamin Savage. He is the chosen one to stop the Patriot menace

#SaveUsSavage

Jarnet87

Jay Cutler was one of the few QBs who made Chris Conte look like a decent safety last year. I welcome his arrival to Miami.

hughesta

Banned
as a Bears fan who has no reason to post here or care about the NFL right now because I'm a Bears fan, I'd just like to say one thing

Shine on, you crazy diamond.

Jarnet87

as a Bears fan who has no reason to post here or care about the NFL right now because I'm a Bears fan, I'd just like to say one thing

Shine on, you crazy diamond.

The Bears have Jordonkulus Howard, that is reason enough to hope maybe they can return to mediocrity.

I was watching NFL Network / napping when the Cutler news broke. Half of their Cutler highlights were him getting sacked.

That's about right. Most of his time in Chicago was spent as a highly paid tackling dummy. It's criminal the way the Bears treated him. When they finally got something resembling a professional offense around him, the defense was a dumpster fire.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Jay Cutler is very prone to just throwing the ball up. He's like a better version of another AFC EAST legendary QB Fitzmagic.

Dolphins...might have the skill position players to make it work. Cutler always did his best when the running game was strong which made the secondary play a bit closer and get beat on the occasional throw.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Hope that the chiefs have a great year. Also hope that Charles gets back on track even though he will be with the broncos.

Boycotting until Kap is signed, but I look forward to seeing how the year plays out,

LionPride

Banned
How do we know what shape he is in? Period though, absolutely.
That sumbitch ain't tossed a pigskin since December and everyone knows it

Probably ain't ran since then too

Like, I'm v high on Tyrod so he's naturally seen to me as one of the best QBs the AFC East has had in a hot ass minute

bionic77

Breaking news: The New England Patriots have been declared AFC East champions.
I meant every word I said about Brady. I don't wish good things on the Pats either.

To quote a great man who was once speaking of men of similar character:" YES THEY DESERVED TO DIE AND I HOPE THEY BURN IN HELL!"

Sanjuro

That sumbitch ain't tossed a pigskin since December and everyone knows it

Probably ain't ran since then too

Like, I'm v high on Tyrod so he's naturally seen to me as one of the best QBs the AFC East has had in a hot ass minute

I liked Tyrod a lot. I look at his injury and the ceiling of his team, and just don't see it. I think to be successful in his career he is going to have to be one of those rare mid-season injury trades if he produces.

I think you're forgetting...

chad-pennington-goes-crazy-o.gif

The last great black QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom