• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 3 |OT| An Epidemic of "Leakyolinitus" has Broken Out

i went to my first regular season NFL game today (ive been to a few preseason games). Giants/Eagles.
what a brutal fucking game as a giants fan, it made the 3 hour drive home feel like 10

And i must say, the commercial breaks that happen on the field really take away from the momentum and excitement of the game for me. Having not seen that first hand before, it took two possessions to finally figure out what was happening, players just stood around looking at eachother waiting for the networks to come back from break.

also, giants sucks.

It was a lot worse before they took away the extra TV timeout before the kickoff. I was at the NFL opener and compared to past games it moved a lot more quickly.

Dmented

Banned
Damn fine showing from the 'Skins. Great job boys!

I really didn't think they'd do that well. Shit I didn't think they would win.

Side note: "What happened to the Raiders?" The Redskins happened.

skins d looks like the real deal (eagles fan here)

I hope they keep it up. Our D has been shit for too damn long.

Since the Skins won I'm guessing that Khalil Mack didn't make much of an impact and that Trent Williams dominated that matchup?

I'm not exactly sure how much of an effect he had on Mack but it would not surprise me at all if he pretty much dominated him. Trent is no joke. Dude's a beast.

Slo

I found this amusing.

21765093_702216983307886_5068938605762008621_n.jpg

Barely beating Lions and Bears? Vikings are more impressive considering Keenum is playing.

Well KC was the only team that looked good week 1 and it was the Falcons first game with a new OC and DC. So. Far the Lions have been for real and not LoLions...yet. At any rate, Falcons have yet to fix their second half adjustment problems and are sorely missing Beasley right now.

Striker

Well KC was the only team that looked good week 1 and it was the Falcons first game with a new OC and DC. So. Far the Lions have been for real and not LoLions...yet. At any rate, Falcons have yet to fix their second half adjustment problems and are sorely missing Beasley right now.
Chefs miss Eric Berry too. They are a hot team and the young guys are being used well. We'll see if that remains true later.

Chefs miss Eric Berry too. They are a hot team and the young guys are being used well. We'll see if that remains true later.

Damn I know, such a shame about him. As a Falcons fan I wasn't even mad when he picked that two point conversion attempt last season.

Talon

Barely beating Lions and Bears? Vikings are more impressive considering Keenum is playing.
Playing at Soldier Field has a -30 on quickness effect as the Steelers suffered through today.

And two tipped picks and the worst series of penalties called against both sides (OPI and the Defensive Holding were both atrocious atrocious calls) on that last drive makes the late win a wash for me.

Talon

The Lions were truly robbed by Jim Caldwell settling for field goals at home around the 30 yard line on 4th and 2 and 4th and 1 in the second half.

Settling for field goals at home is a sure way to lose close games.

MechDX

Man Im so damn tired of "moral victories" vs the fucking Patriots.

With that said I am starting to believe I may have been wrong about Watson. I didnt think the kid had the physical abilities to have good success in the NFL but damn if he didnt make some fucking impressive throws today. I never doubted his "moxie" or drive but Ill be damned if for most of the game today he stood in the pocket, made his reads and delivered some dimes.

The improvement from last week to this week was insane. If he can keep on an upward trajectory the last 3/4's of the season is going to be fun. You could see today him developing chemistry with his skill players and them adjusting to his playing style. Look at the first play here: http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-med...ghlights/34b55f3f-2cc6-41b4-90ac-2d5e0df4a96c He moves the safety with his eyes then just threads the needle to Ellington.

I hope they do make the playoffs and get the Patriots again because dammit I want them to finish it.

Milchjon

"I certainly disagree with what he said. I thought it was just divisive." -- Tom Brady, on @KirkAndCallahan, on President Trump's remarks.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The Lions were truly robbed by Jim Caldwell settling for field goals at home around the 30 yard line on 4th and 2 and 4th and 1 in the second half.

Settling for field goals at home is a sure way to lose close games.

Thank you. 100% agree with this.

Top Bottom