• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 3 |OT| An Epidemic of "Leakyolinitus" has Broken Out

I think Romo just really gets into those situational moment and roots for whomever in the heat of the moment. I'd much rather have an announcer who shows some life during a broadcast instead of the bland style that Joe Buck or Jim Nantz have.

Holding the Bengals to only 3 points in the second half was definitely something that caught my attention.

On a side note, I feel like the Packers should try to swing a trade for Adrian Peterson or something. Ty Montgomery isn't really working at running back in my opinion (124 yards over 3 games) and the dude doesn't seem like he's hitting holes with any kind of speed or power.

Meh, Adrian Peterson is averaging 3.3 yard a carry. He's well past his prime. Montgomery actually has nearly 300 all purpose yards, which is solid, but you're right, his actual rushing production has been sub par.

What I really wish is that the Packers would've signed Jamaal Charles in the offseason as rumors were suggesting. He's pretty much everything that they're hoping to get out of Montgomery.

Sephzilla

Meh, Adrian Peterson is averaging 3.3 yard a carry. He's well past his prime. Montgomery actually has nearly 300 all purpose yards, which is solid, but you're right, his actual rushing production has been sub par.

What I really wish is that the Packers would've signed Jamaal Charles in the offseason as rumors were suggesting. He's pretty much everything that they're hoping to get out of Montgomery.

I just think if the Packers had someone like Peterson it would help Rodgers, Montgomery, and Peterson as well. If you stack the box to stop someone like Peterson, you can send Montgomery out on a route and help him get all purpose yards, plus that takes some pressure off of Rodgers. Then if a defense sets up to stop the passing attack that makes things easier for both Montgomery and Peterson as rushers. Peterson is obviously past his prime but I think he could still be productive in an offense like Green Bay's.

Also didn't Montgomery bulk up a little in the offseason? I wonder if that explains where some of his pop went

Somnia

Big shock jerry isn't about the protest. I hope some of the players kneel any damn way fuck jerry telling players it isn't the place.

Honestly this whole thing is making me close to dropping my support for the Cowboys and looking for a new team.

If Jerry seriously held an all team meeting with coaches and staff and told them he will immediately fire them no matter who they are if they protest then I will have to potentially start looking for a new team.

gutshot

I would not be surprised if Sproles comes back another year or two. I don't see him wanting to go out like this. He's still an effective player and a fitness freak who is in great shape. He could come back and help a team, for sure.

mnannola

Honestly this whole thing is making me close to dropping my support for the Cowboys and looking for a new team.

If Jerry seriously held an all team meeting with coaches and staff and told them he will immediately fire them no matter who they are if they protest then I will have to potentially start looking for a new team.

"This is not the place" I hope he didn't say that shit.

Sephzilla

I've never really been a Dallas fan but hearing about that even made me lose respect for the Cowboys. I'm also a little upset that none of the stars on the team called his bluff.

DKkRD8IWsAET8In.jpg

Zeke

Jerry is a good ole boy it shouldn't be a shock that he did that. Like I said want to see some players take a knee. They would have to big name players Dak, Zeke, Dez, Witten or Lee. I'd like to see Jerry cut them for taking a knee the backlash would be huge.

effzee

I found the RB rotation very puzzling. Blount was running well early on, then for some reason they mothballed him. Meanwhile, you have UDFA Corey Clement running key plays late in the 4th. He nearly fumbled the exchange at one point. Why not have the veteran RB in there? Not sure if the rotation is on him or Duce, but it was strange.

The LG thing was weird, but yeah, it looked like they realized Warmack was struggling and made the switch to Wis. I think Warmack came in for one series after they switched to Wis, which made people think it was some sort of rotation. But I'm assuming Wis was just shaken up a bit? In any case, Wis played well and should probably be the starter going forward.

Overall, I thought Doug's insistence on running the ball nearly cost the Eagles the game. I think a more aggressive early game approach could have buried the Giants and then you switch to the run to protect your lead. Instead, they decided to be "balanced" and as a result only scored 14 points through the first 3 quarters.

It was a weird game where I knew only being up by 14 wouldn't be enough. I knew the Eagles D line wouldn't be sacking ELI all day cause the Giants would and did adjust.

The Eagles did well considering the guys missing before and then during the game. 4 starters, and not just starters but really good players, were out. The Offense, whether throwing or running, had to put up more points and it nearly cost them.

Take it as it is but man what a nail biter. I almost burst my bladder by the end.

phanphare

Banned

panthers too

no doubt in my mind that pep stayed in the locker room because of pressure not to kneel out in plain sight

respect to those saints players who protested. at least there were some players in the stadium who did even if they were on the opposing team.

don't think the panthers released a statement about trump's bullshit either, one of the only teams not to do so

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Terrible news about Sproles.

Jenny Vrentas‏Verified account @JennyVrentas 33m33 minutes ago

Per CBS Sports, the network's Wk 3 game coverage was up 4% from same week last yr. NFL Today pre-game studio show had best rating since '10.

Dotard bionic's plan is not working.

Rvaan

Banned
Jerry is a good ole boy it shouldn't be a shock that he did that. Like I said want to see some players take a knee. They would have to big name player Dak, Zeke, Dez, Witten or Lee. Is like to see Jerry but them for taking a knee the backlash would be huge.
Yeah a big name Cowboy bending the knee would be great. Zeke taking a knee might help people see him as not a PoS. Personally I'd like to see Garrett take a knee just to show that he's not always Jerry's sock puppet.

Pepiope

Damn. I remember during the game thinking it was a knee injury and was really happy it was only the arm. Now it's the knee too :(

Yeah a big name Cowboy bending the knee would be great. Zeke taking a knee might help people see him as not a PoS. Personally I'd like to see Garrett take a knee just to show that he's not always Jerry's sock puppet.

And I'd like a flying unicorn that poops gold. We're both going to be disappointed!

MechDX

GvfwbbR.gif

Dont want to see my QB doing this often but got damn.

CISd0A7.gif

Incredible! Looks off the safety and just drills Ellington.

Brian T. Smith‏Verified account @ChronBrianSmith 19h19 hours ago
More
Deshaun Watson was absolutely the real deal in second NFL start. Finished 22 of 33 for 301 yards, 2 TD, 2 INT, 90.6 rating, 41 rushing yards

Would have finished with a 110 QB rating if you dont include the hail mary INT on the last play

Competent QB play would transform Bears into a formidable team

Mike Glennon had an opportunity to ward off talk of rookie quarterback Mitch Trubisky for at least one more week in the last 3½ minutes of regulation Sunday against the Steelers.

He didn’t start in an ideal spot, being on the Bears’ 9, but the ball was in his hands in a tie game. Much like in Week 1, a victory was there for the taking. Coach John Fox’s conservative game plan had worked again.

At one point, it appeared as though Glennon might be able to ‘‘check-down’’ his way into field-goal range. Dump-offs to running backs Jordan Howard, Benny Cunningham and Tarik Cohen quickly turned into 24 yards.

Then trouble ensued. Glennon was nearly intercepted by safety Mike Mitchell on a throw well behind receiver Deonte Thompson. It was a bad throw at a bad time, a gaffe sandwiched between a fumble by Cohen that was recovered by right tackle Bobby Massie and a botched snap from center Cody Whitehair.

On third-and-10 from the Bears’ 39, Glennon found Cunningham for an eight-yard gain. It was Glennon’s last play of regulation because the Bears punted with 60 seconds left.

None of the above should be forgotten in the absurdity that was the Bears’ 23-17 overtime victory at Soldier Field.

If anything, the most important takeaway from the victory should be that the Bears are competent quarterback play away from being a formidable team. Glennon was better than he was against the Buccaneers, but he still wasn’t good. He was bailed out by his defense and by Howard’s and Cohen’s heroics in overtime.

The Bears are asking little of Glennon in their game plans, but it’s only because he’s proving to be incapable of doing more. He didn’t throw a pass in overtime as the Bears ran through a Steelers defense missing two starters in outside linebacker T.J. Watt and defensive end Stephon Tuitt.

‘‘It was the same thing I ultimately say every week, and that’s find a way to win, to put together a winning performance,’’ Glennon said when asked about his own performance. ‘‘And we did that today.’’

Barely.

If Fox and Pace want Trubisky to sit out this year, fine. Start Sanchez over Glennon. Butt fumble sucks, but he's better than Glennon. Glennon might be the worst "starter" in the league right now.

effzee

I see Eagles twitter is already clamoring for trades for Adrian Peterson or McCoy.

I love McCoy and would love him back. He would instantly add an explosive element to the offense, which even with Alshon, it is missing especially since Wentz can't hit him deep yet.

BUT I just don't see it. Why would the Bills do it?

Eagles better move things around to draft Barkley next draft. Team him up with Wentz and you really have something.

Hindl

I see Eagles twitter is already clamoring for trades for Adrian Peterson or McCoy.

I love McCoy and would love him back. He would instantly add an explosive element to the offense, which even with Alshon, it is missing especially since Wentz can't hit him deep yet.

Eagles better move things around to draft Barkley next draft. Team him up with Wentz and you really have something.
No way Barkley gets out of the Top 10, and unless the Eagles have a disaster of a season they won't be in position to draft him. And they can't trade up for him because they already don't have a 2nd or 3rd. But there will be other RBs that are great too, like Guice. Now, if the Eagles are at like 21 and Barkley is at 19 and it would only take a 4th or 2, I'd do that in a second. But otherwise draft whatever RB comes and draft OL, LB and Safety depth for the rest of the draft

effzee

No way Barkley gets out of the Top 10, and unless the Eagles have a disaster of a season they won't be in position to draft him. And they can't trade up for him because they already don't have a 2nd or 3rd. But there will be other RBs that are great too, like Guice. Now, if the Eagles are at like 21 and Barkley is at 19 and it would only take a 4th or 2, I'd do that in a second. But otherwise draft whatever RB comes and draft OL, LB and Safety depth for the rest of the draft

Peters is hurt every game now. I think he is done after this season. The Eagles need to move Lane to LT and draft more depth across the line to re-tool.

But I wouldn't be shocked if Barkley drops considering there might 4-5 QB prospects teams will try to move up for or draft in the first 5 picks.

this_guy

I will agree that Romo is pretty great as a commentator, but I’ll agree with a person earlier in this thread that at first I thought it was a terrible homer commentator.

During there Oakland Tennessee game in week one there was a couple of times he was like “come on Oakland get up there, timeout, TIMEOUT” and I was what the fuck is this?

I'm ok with that, because more often than not he is rooting for things to happen, and not necessarily for a particular team if you listen to him throughout the broadcast. Contrast that with someone like Aikman who's not as enthusiastic but still shows more homerism for the Cowboys.

Rvaan

Banned
GvfwbbR.gif

Dont want to see my QB doing this often but got damn.

That sequence had me on a roller coaster of emotions. The near sacks, the escape, the throw in the face of the defender, the Foreman catch and run, the flag, and the revelation that the flag was on the Pats. GOD. Just about wore my heart out.

Sulik2

Has the NFL said anything about the call at the end of the Lion's game and the fact there should have been 11 seconds on the clock when the runoff was applied?

effzee

With the Eagles next game at 4pm, I think I am going to make an effort to listen to a Romo called game.

Do we know which game he calls next Sunday?

gutshot

Trading for Adrian Peterson because Sproles went down is like the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Hindl

Peters is hurt every game now. I think he is done after this season. The Eagles need to move Lane to LT and draft more depth across the line to re-tool.

But I wouldn't be shocked if Barkley drops considering there might 4-5 QB prospects teams will try to move up for or draft in the first 5 picks.
Yeah agreed on Peters, that's why I think we should go OL. Although if a great LT prospect is there, I'd be fine with leaving Lane at RT and drafting a rookie to be the LT of the future. Lane is a phenomenal RT but struggles at LT in the limited snaps he's had.

And yeah, maybe Barkley drops a bit. Also, I think most of the RB needy teams got one last draft. Looking around the league, and I see the Lions, Packers, Hawks, Bucs, Giants, Jets, Ravens, and the Colts as potentially needing new RBs next season, in addition to a few other teams depending on FA goes. But all of those teams have bigger needs than RB so maybe they'll pass, and some of those teams may be happy with their current running games

Top Bottom