• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 3 |OT| An Epidemic of "Leakyolinitus" has Broken Out

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
can someone explain to me the call 4th quarter 3rd down Texans in the red zone, pass incomplete, flag down. Called defensive holding. Official comes on and says "due to the time of the foul when the pass was thrown there is no penalty" they showed the replay and the pats defensive player clearly held our RB coming out at the snap.

Never heard of that before.

Has the NFL said anything about the call at the end of the Lion's game and the fact there should have been 11 seconds on the clock when the runoff was applied?

People keep saying 11 seconds, but this isn't accurate. The play is over when the whistle is blown.

And it wasn't a TD. They got the call correct, even if you don't like the rule.

MechDX

can someone explain to me the call 4th quarter 3rd down Texans in the red zone, pass incomplete, flag down. Called defensive holding. Official comes on and says "due to the time of the foul when the pass was thrown there is no penalty" they showed the replay and the pats defensive player clearly held our RB coming out at the snap.

Never heard of that before.

Because it was a clear penalty. The RB was spun around for petes sake! In his post game presser OB clearly wasnt happy with the officiating "I dont know what PI is anymore!"

Same reason Gronk and Cook were pushing off repeatedly and Houston got called I think 3 times for pushing off

effzee

Yeah agreed on Peters, that's why I think we should go OL. Although if a great LT prospect is there, I'd be fine with leaving Lane at RT and drafting a rookie to be the LT of the future. Lane is a phenomenal RT but struggles at LT in the limited snaps he's had.

And yeah, maybe Barkley drops a bit. Also, I think most of the RB needy teams got one last draft. Looking around the league, and I see the Lions, Packers, Hawks, Bucs, Giants, Jets, Ravens, and the Colts as potentially needing new RBs next season, in addition to a few other teams depending on FA goes. But all of those teams have bigger needs than RB so maybe they'll pass, and some of those teams may be happy with their current running games

I mean I am daydreaming here, but a lot of those teams might also have bigger needs and holes to fill and a lot of the modern day thinking is you can't take a RB in the first round.

That's next season anyway. On to SD!

Rvaan

Banned
What's the rule for the Von Miller penalty? Seems kinda dumb, and I love to see the Broncos suffer...

Ref might have seen it as taunting/unsportsmanlike conduct.

Section 3 Article 1 of the NFL 2011 NFL Rule Book
The use of abusive, threatening, or insulting language or gestures to opponents, teammates, officials,
or representatives of the League.

dionysus

Yaldog
I see Eagles twitter is already clamoring for trades for Adrian Peterson or McCoy.

I love McCoy and would love him back. He would instantly add an explosive element to the offense, which even with Alshon, it is missing especially since Wentz can't hit him deep yet.

BUT I just don't see it. Why would the Bills do it?

Eagles better move things around to draft Barkley next draft. Team him up with Wentz and you really have something.

As a Saints fan please take Peterson from us. Ingram is better and Kamara has more screen and route running skills. Kamara can also do the traditional running role as well. Getting Peterson and Kamara in the offseason was stupid.

Going back and watching that play to Alshon at the end of the game again and I still cant believe that 2 Giants defenders are there and they just let him step out of bounds. If they had just slowed him up at all time would have expired. Eagles gotta hope that every coach in the league is worse then dougie every week. Good thing McAdoo Garret, and Gruden are in our division.

Hindl

I mean I am daydreaming here, but a lot of those teams might also have bigger needs and holes to fill and a lot of the modern day thinking is you can't take a RB in the first round.

That's next season anyway. On to SD!
You mean LA? Lol

Man, I looked at all the games up to the bye and a lot of them look winnable, I was feeling good about the Chargers game too. But if Hicks, Cox, and McLeod miss any extended time, this 6 game stretch where I thought the Eagles could win 4 or 5 now looks like 2 or 3. Hopefully they come back healthy soon, winning these games is important because the home stretch is brutal

cdyhybrid

Maybe, our OL is not opening up holes though.

Neither is ours. That's why we had to find a rookie that can make his own yards :p

Edit: bionic was right

hlBpmZn.png

https://www.si.com/nba/2017/09/25/john-wall-bradley-beal-trump-comments

During the Wizards media day on Monday, Wall and Beal were asked about the topic

"That's not a leader. To come out and disrespect a whole sport that everyone in the world loves," Beal said. "You have guys that won a championship and they have the freedom to decide whether or not they want to go and when one man decides not to go....to me you're a clown. That's unacceptable. Your job is to bring everybody together.'

"I voiced my opinion just like everybody else. If we can't exercise our right to freedom of speech, what are the amendments for?"

Wall added, "I don't respect him."

NBA best league.

JABEE

I was watching him last week and thought"Goddamn, how old is he? He's gotta be 35 or something".

He's 34, but the guy still has burst and explosiveness. Damn shame.
He was still the best punt returner in the league and basically the Eagles feature back.

Really sad. One of my favorite players to watch play even before he was an Eagle.

He’s 5’6” and runs in between the tackles. Sproles was closing in on 20,000 All-Purpose Yards and will make a case for the Hall of Fame.

JABEE

Carson Wentz made a great play to set up that field goal. Wentz is good at running the two minute drill. Or in this case, the 19 second drill.

MechDX

Charles Robinson‏Verified account
@CharlesRobinson
Following
More
Curious to see #Cowboys during national anthem. Dallas literally PRACTICES lining up perfectly for it. No #NFL team takes it more seriously.

Who the hell practices lining up for the anthem?

JABEE

All Purpose Yards Record

Rank Player APYd Years
1 Jerry Rice+ 23,546 1985-2004
2 Brian Mitchell 23,330 1990-2003
3 Walter Payton+ 21,803 1975-1987
4 Emmitt Smith+ 21,564 1990-2004
5 Tim Brown+ 19,682 1988-2004
6 Marshall Faulk+ 19,190 1994-2005
7 Steve Smith 19,180 2001-2016
8 Darren Sproles 19,155 2005-2017
9 LaDainian Tomlinson+ 18,456 2001-2011
10 Barry Sanders+ 18,308 1989-1998

Hindl

Carson Wentz made a great play to set up that field goal. Wentz is good at running the two minute drill. Or in this case, the 19 second drill.
He's just gotta get that deep ball figured out. And getting the ball out quicker in general

Sephzilla

I feel crazy saying this but I kinda feel like the Packers offense almost works better when it goes to a slightly more one-dimensional passing offense and abandons the run. The offense in the first half of the Bengals game was a more traditional offense and it sputtered out a lot after the first drive. In the second half they used way more 5 wideout spread offense setups and the offense clicked a lot more. It also helped take some of the heat off the offensive line since the Bengals couldn't load up on the line as much. In general Rodgers seems like plays better then they go more pass happy and use the pass to set up the run instead of using the run to set up the pass.

JABEE

He's just gotta get that deep ball figured out. And getting the ball out quicker in general
I remember looking at early tape of McNabb against the Rams and I can’t believe how far he developed as a passer. His mechanics changed completely in terms of setting his feet in the pocket.

I can’t wait to see the QB Carson Wentz becomes.

I wish I could find a better version of Derek Wolfe's interview from SportsCenter last night, but I can't. Here's shitty quality from some Trump supporter's (not Tom Brady's) Twitter: https://twitter.com/craigsbs/status/912194483177054208
"White privilege? What does that even mean?"
Other parts of the interview:
https://twitter.com/nickijhabvala/status/912054330206949377
https://twitter.com/troyrenck/status/912054065881911297

His statement from yesterday which was basically go back to Africa:
Glad we shoved their defense around like they ain't shit then.

"I certainly disagree with what he said. I thought it was just divisive." -- Tom Brady, on @KirkAndCallahan, on President Trump's remarks.
FYI Kirk and Callahan (all of WEEI p much) are both Trump supporters who basically told Jamele Hill "Shut up you damn darkie" when all that was going on.

Milchjon

Brady's "Hooray for everything" speech went past your expectations?

I'm gonna assume your expectations were less than zero.

This plus the locking arms thing. He actually participated, and while I guess he's more towards the "unity" side of the spectrum than all out support, he didn't duck the protests or actively argue against them.

Yes, my expectations were less than zero.

Holy fucking shit.
Listening to them when racial issues come up is great. Acting like they have anything to say when them being two old white dudes is incredible.

Like they were tap dancing around calling her and all her black colleagues names the whole time it was really gross

effzee

Listening to them when racial issues come up is great. Acting like they have anything to say when them being two old white dudes is incredible.

Like they were tap dancing around calling her and all her black colleagues names the whole time it was really gross

Sounds like Boomer and Carton.

Yup that's the one.

That's the most non committal, boilerplate answer he could possibly have given. You're satisfied with this?

I'm not trying to troll the Asterisks like normal. Brady is doing the same thing he always does - distancing himself from controversy while simultaneously refusing to commit to a side. Forgive me, but "I love my teammates" means nothing.
This plus the locking arms thing. He actually participated, and while I guess he's more towards the "unity" side of the spectrum than all out support, he didn't duck the protests or actively argue against them.

Yes, my expectations were less than zero.

I will give him credit for actually participating in the protests. Still, the comments are typical Brady and blunt his physical gesture. To be honest, I feel the only reason he did it was that there was no way to excuse himself without looking like a massive racist.

Super sad about Sproles. Great player and person. Would not be surprised if he just retired. Also would somehow not be surprised if he wanted another year.

The injuries yesterday are crazy. I've heard that the Hicks and Cox injuries are not too bad but I still wonder if they will miss games. With McLeod, Watkins, and Graham were all out and let's just say Maragos is not good on anything but special teams. Hicks being out is killer because the team is already a bit thin at LB, but luckily Kendricks has really stepped up this year. Obviously Cox being out is huge.

Eagles were so healthy the last few years so it's a bummer to see this many injuries happening at once on the defense. Hopefully McLeod and Hicks can play next week at the very least.

JABEE

Yup that's the one.

That's the most non committal, boilerplate answer he could possibly have given. You're satisfied with this?

I'm not trying to troll the Asterisks like normal. Brady is doing the same thing he always does - distancing himself from controversy while simultaneously refusing to commit to a side. Forgive me, but "I love my teammates" means nothing.
Trump is just a friend.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...nts-on-friendship-with-president-donald-trump

Top Bottom