• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 4 |OT| Taking a stand by taking a knee

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
9Pdt2axl.png

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl/mock_draft

That's a lot of teams that don't need a QB really

Niners and maybe the Giants/Chargers making a luxury pick for the future? Everyone else seems committed to their guy

Gobias

Banned

Niners and maybe the Giants/Chargers making a luxury pick for the future? Everyone else seems committed to their guy

Considering the Browns have a good chance of having a new coaching staff I doubt you can say they are committed to Kizer.

Milchjon

Yo, I think bucket needs to come back to us before his attempts to fill the NFLGAF void with other shenanigans go off the rails

iZyVaJ3.png

Have you watched Eli play? He’s done. The Giants are drafting a QB in the first unless the circumstances just don’t play out well enough for that to happen.

The Chargers should probably be looking at QBs too. Rivers can still go for sure, but with all his generational contemporaries falling apart at the same time, he’d be lucky to have a year left. Might be able to push one solid “bridge” year out of him. Plus, if they’re SERIOUS about staying in LA, they have to take Darnold or Rosen if they’re available. There’s no way they’re going to pull in fans without some hometown hero type push going on.

Miami and Cinci are in pretty interesting situations where they could go the route Philly went with Wentz. If they really love a QB, go and get them. Then trade away Dalton/Tannehill to recoup what would likely be a late first/early second from a team that believes they’re just a QB away.

Cleveland will take the rest of this season to figure Kizer out. I have a feeling they’ll pass though.

Niners will obviously go QB unless something crazy happens, like they have the third pick and #1 and 2 go QB. Or if they wind up with Kirk in free agency.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Considering the Browns have a good chance of having a new coaching staff I doubt you can say they are committed to Kizer.

Nobody can ever tell with the Browns

Have you watched Eli play? He’s done. The Giants are drafting a QB in the first unless the circumstances just don’t play out well enough for that to happen.

The Chargers should probably be looking at QBs too. Rivers can still go for sure, but with all his generational contemporaries falling apart at the same time, he’d be lucky to have a year left. Might be able to push one solid “bridge” year out of him. Plus, if they’re SERIOUS about staying in LA, they have to take Darnold or Rosen if they’re available. There’s no way they’re going to pull in fans without some hometown hero type push going on.

Miami and Cinci are in pretty interesting situations where they could go the route Philly went with Wentz. If they really love a QB, go and get them. Then trade away Dalton/Tannehill to recoup what would likely be a late first/early second from a team that believes they’re just a QB away.

Cleveland will take the rest of this season to figure Kizer out. I have a feeling they’ll pass though.

Niners will obviously go QB unless something crazy happens, like they have the third pick and #1 and 2 go QB. Or if they wind up with Kirk in free agency.

The Giants without Eli is a crazy thought. I imagine they'll want to go for a complete rebuild the day he quits because it'll be a culture change. If they keep losing I could see a house cleaning though.

I don't see Miami or Cincy giving up on their guys. Miami has to be closer to quitting between the two of them though.

I could see Felipe Rios traded to a QB needy team but now that Houston has their guy, I'm not sure who fits that definition anymore? Arizona possibly?

Eli is fine. They would be much better served using that pick on an OL. The plan right now is to groom Webb.

Doomsayer

https://i.imgur.com/1GLmcdj.gif[IMG]

didnt see this before lol[/QUOTE]

That was the last play of the game I watched. I like Shanahan as a coach, but he really needs to move on from Hoyer already. Throw the rook in the mix.

If Hoyer makes that throw Taylor probably scores.

Nobody can ever tell with the Browns

The Giants without Eli is a crazy thought. I imagine they'll want to go for a complete rebuild the day he quits because it'll be a culture change. If they keep losing I could see a house cleaning though.

I don't see Miami or Cincy giving up on their guys. Miami has to be closer to quitting between the two of them though.

I could see Felipe Rios traded to a QB needy team but now that Houston has their guy, I'm not sure who fits that definition anymore? Arizona possibly?

There’s a looootttt of teams that are QB needy for sure next year. Off the top of my head;

Jets
Bills
Brownsish
Ravens if Flacco keeps falling off his cliff
Bengals if Dalton can’t pull it together
Pittsburgh
Jags
Chargers
Broncos depending on siemien’s play
Giants
Skins if they can’t resign Cousins
Vikings if Bradford and Teddy can’t recover
Saints
Cards
Niners

That’s almost half the league. There’s a few other teams that could be looking depending on their circumstance too by the end of the season. Not all those teams are gunna be looking at the end of the season, but I bet they’re all scouting the top QBs at some point this season and/or weighing their options for free agency.

We’re gunna lose Brees/Eli/Ben/Rivers/Palmer all in a year and a half span imo and it’s gunna get pretty crazy.

Gobias

Banned
What else is bottom tier

If you say eggplant parm so help me god I'll make sure you never drink another Guinness

Meatball sub. Standard spaghetti and meatballs is also vastly overrated.

I've never had eggplant parm and I got a fridge full of Guinness you can't hurt me.

Clockwork5

I've got today and tomorrow off and I really want to go to the game but none of my pals are able to go/care about football.

Thinking of going it alone.

Doomsayer

But Hoyer is the Tank Commander. Things are working as planned!

Watching Hoyer play QB is seriously making me want to stop watching this team. It is offensive.

In other news the defense seems to be playing pretty well. Hopefully we can dominate the Colts this week.

This is what it has come to.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
There’s a looootttt of teams that are QB needy for sure next year. Off the top of my head;

Jets
Bills
Brownsish
Pittsburgh
Jags
Chargers
Giants
Saints
Cards
Niners

That’s almost half the league. There’s a few other teams that could be looking depending on their circumstance too by the end of the season. Not all those teams are gunna be looking at the end of the season, but I bet they’re all scouting the top QBs at some point this season and/or weighing their options for free agency.

We’re gunna lose Brees/Eli/Ben/Rivers/Palmer all in a year and a half span imo and it’s gunna get pretty crazy.

I was mostly thinking about teams that are a quarterback away from being in contention and actively shopping like Houston was. Feels like maybe Cards and Broncos but I'm not up to speed on the strong young defenses around the league.

Philly Cheesesteak wrapped in a big slice of pizza

Add fettuccine Alfredo and you have the 4 pillars of boring Italian food

There's a place in Philly that wraps cheesesteaks in a giant slice of pizza

Hmmm I'm down for food hybrids but that doesn't sound very good

Jets
Bills
Brownsish
Pittsburgh
Jags
Chargers
Giants
Saints
Cards
Niners

Thank you for not including the Dolphins, whether by mistake or not.

I was mostly thinking about teams that are a quarterback away from being in contention and actively shopping like Houston was. Feels like maybe Cards and Broncos but I'm not up to speed on the strong young defenses around the league.
Oh yeah, list definitely gets shorter then. But a lot can happen in 1 free agency period. Like I feel the Cards are a QB and a few defensive pieces away from being back to contending, but that could all happen in one offseason. There’s probably a few teams out there that could make that argument. More of “1 amazing offseason away” than 1 QB away though I guess

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Meatball sub. Standard spaghetti and meatballs is also vastly overrated.

I've never had eggplant parm and I got a fridge full of Guinness you can't hurt me.

Spaghetti and meat sauce is a trash meal and I don't get why people get excited for it. I usually have to dump sawdust cheese on it and hot pepper flakes to make it good.

Meatballs are much better than meat sauce but then I usually just want a bunch of meatballs and nothing else.

Hmmm I'm down for food hybrids but that doesn't sound very good

Thank you for not including the Dolphins, whether by mistake or not.
I thought about it, but like I said yesterday, I think they can win with Tannehill. He hasn’t actively disproven that much at least, unlike Dalton. He just got hurt, which is why I think drafting someone and trading Tannehill away could be on the table. It would have to be a really specific situation, but it can work out imo. He’s definitely not their biggest problem, but by the time they fix the Defense he might be too old, especially if that ACL tear kills the mobility he had.

Top Bottom