• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 4 |OT| Taking a stand by taking a knee

Striker

The main reason GB hasnt made it back to the SB, other than their defensive coordinator being one of the 5 worst in the league, is that they refuse to dip into the free agency pool. Teams that rely purely on drafting well or getting steals in free agency will never be on top.
When you draft well you really don't need to go out and sign guys like Charles Woodson and Julius Peppers. They aren't as bad as Reese has been for the Giants, for example. Reason they went out and signed Vernon, Snacks and Jenkins is because the rosters in 2014-2015 were possibly the worst in the league. His drafts have wasted years of both Coughlin and Eli.

When you draft well you really don't need to go out and sign guys like Charles Woodson and Julius Peppers. They aren't as bad as Reese has been for the Giants, for example. Reason they went out and signed Vernon, Snacks and Jenkins is because the rosters in 2014-2015 were possibly the worst in the league. His drafts have wasted years of both Coughlin and Eli.

Relying purely on the draft is a ridiculous strategy. It’s too random and unpredictable. Free Agency is the best way to get proven talent. That doesn’t mean everybody needs to try to sign guys like Vernon/Snacks every year, but you need to sign mid level guys every year that can come in and at the very least make consistent rotational impact.

http://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-...kers-free-agent-history-under-gm-ted-thompson

^ That list is fucking disgraceful. Their GM is a serious fucking bum. Literally THREE guys in the past 10 years that have started more than 2 seasons of games, and two of them were signed more than a decade ago. That’s not good enough. I don’t care if you land 4-5 starting caliber players every year in the draft, the only way you can ever contend with that strategy would be if you have a generational talent at QB. Luckily they have that, but imagine if Rodgers was on a team that even TRIED during free agency...

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
zkJQqg3.jpg

All Recent Pics of Star QB Andrew Luck, Who's Definitely Playing in 2017

I bet the rest of that room is all Dynamo stuff.

Rvaan

Banned
Bill Barnwell‏
DeAndre Hopkins has already drawn 6 pass interference flags for 84 yards this year. Nobody else has even drawn 3.

Texans are running the PI offense now. Join the revolution.

Hindl

I am on ep 3. Getting better didn't think it was really funny to begin. Makes me miss Serial. What a ride that was.

It hooked me right from the start but I guess I'm more the demographic. It does get pretty wild with some of the reveals and twists as you get deeper though. I don't really remember the individual episodes since I burned through it in an afternoon but I think it starts picking up a lot around there

MechDX

Aaron Wilson‏ @AaronWilson_NFL 6m6 minutes ago
More
Titans are averaging 156.3 rushing yards per game, ranking second in NFL. Texans are 17th against the run, allowing 98.7 yards per game

Interesting stat.

What? You really think he is garbage?

I dont think he is near as good as the national media claims him to be but I dont think he is garbage
I wish would have better accuracy on the long ball. He's got speedsters to throw at. What's making him good is the short passes.

j-wood

Part of Mularkey's plan. Raiders knew Mariota was garbage so they just basically focus on the run.

While I don't think MM is garbage at all, he definitely needs to focus on the deep ball. Some of the deep throws in the Seattle game were so far off target I was like, "who was that even too?"

That said, some commentary I've heard is that it can be fixed with some footwork stuff, stepping more into throws. So it's not like he's a lost cause in that area.

Short to mid throws are very good, like you mentioned. And as exciting as a 50 yard bomb throw can be, it's not madden where you are running hail mary's every play. Game can be won in the short to mid range + running game.

Hindl

While I don't think MM is garbage at all, he definitely needs to focus on the deep ball. Some of the deep throws in the Seattle game were so far off target I was like, "who was that even too?"

That said, some commentary I've heard is that it can be fixed with some footwork stuff, stepping more into throws. So it's not like he's a lost cause in that area.

Short to mid throws are very good, like you mentioned. And as exciting as a 50 yard bomb throw can be, it's not madden where you are running hail mary's every play. Game can be won in the short to mid range + running game.
I could replace MM with Wentz and Seattle with Giants and it mostly describes my feelings about Wentz

Mariota needs to connect more on the long ball so the field can be more spread out. Once defense's realize he's got no long game they'll just stack the line or lurk near it. Making the short game even harder to succeed

Top Bottom