• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 4 |OT| Taking a stand by taking a knee

MechDX

Didnt realize the Texans had another set of twins on their cheerleading squad:

img_5521.jpg

img_5522.jpg

#Trejo'ed

Bronx-Man

Banned
It’s not a good day in #JetsNation knowing that there’s a very realistic chance Cincy could go 0-16. We gotta find a QB even worse than Dalton for that Bengals defense to plow through.

It’s not a good day in #JetsNation knowing that there’s a very realistic chance Cincy could go 0-16. We gotta find a QB even worse than Dalton for that Bengals defense to plow through.

Bengals/Browns Sunday

Cincy can't win that, 0-16 is the stone cold lock of the century of the week of the season

A_Dang

This week is reality week for the Bills.

Beating the Jets...sure, a game that we should have won, but didn't dominate in.
Losing to Carolina...Seriously? You hold a team to 9 points, 9 POINTS, and can't manage to get A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G going on offence and still manage to loose.
Beating the Broncos...Okay, putting up some decent offence against whats reported to be a solid defense and managing to get the W. Maybe we are a real time this year.

@ Atlanta. I'm viewing anything less than a 10 pt. loss to be a positive showing for the Bills.

This is the standard trajectory for the Bills every year. Perform just well enough over the first 3 to 5 games to give us a glimmer of hope that they might actually be decent for a change...only to implode and remind us that they are still the Buffalo Bills after all. I put them at 4 or 5 wins for the season and I'm doing my best to keep my expectations there. It's going to be a long season.

Or, maybe, just maybe, the Bills can ride the back of a strong defense to be "In The Hunt" at the tail end of the season and need to split against the Patriots for a spot in the play-offs! LET'S GO BUFFALO!!!!!

LJ11

This week is reality week for the Bills.

Beating the Jets...sure, a game that we should have won, but didn't dominate in.
Losing to Carolina...Seriously? You hold a team to 9 points, 9 POINTS, and can't manage to get A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G going on offence and still manage to loose.
Beating the Broncos...Okay, putting up some decent offence against whats reported to be a solid defense and managing to get the W. Maybe we are a real time this year.

@ Atlanta. I'm viewing anything less than a 10 pt. loss to be a positive showing for the Bills.

This is the standard trajectory for the Bills every year. Perform just well enough over the first 3 to 5 games to give us a glimmer of hope that they might actually be decent for a change...only to implode and remind us that they are still the Buffalo Bills after all. I put them at 4 or 5 wins for the season and I'm doing my best to keep my expectations there. It's going to be a long season.

Or, maybe, just maybe, the Bills can ride the back of a strong defense to be "In The Hunt" at the tail end of the season and need to split against the Patriots for a spot in the play-offs! LET'S GO BUFFALO!!!!!

I hear you, but so far there's one difference in this tiny sample, legit coaching. In back to back week's the D came out in the 2nd half and stifled the opposition O, I haven't seen half time adjustments for years. Shit shocked me. Carolina game was awful, they dropped that W. Just want to see a good compete level. I may be buying in if they show up and play hard. I feel like outside of week 1, we've had the inferior roster and yet we've shown up. Secondary is legit though, Poyer may be another diamond.

A_Dang

Just want to see a good compete level. I may be buying in if they show up and play hard.

That's why I'm saying anything less than a 10 point loss is a positive showing for the Bills. Atlanta is a legitimate team, if we put up a solid showing my hype level for the team will continue to rise. If we get blown out, out played and out coached...well, at least I wont have to hold out hope for the possibility of play-offs.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
So what happens if a player takes a knee now? Is Elway really going to punish them. I hope a Bronco player calls his bluff.

Like I said in the other thread, I think most owners have figured out that the smart play here is to just embrace it and not to galvanize the protests any more by cracking down on it.

Suspending a player for not standing will pour gasoline on the issue.

Bronx-Man

Banned
It makes me sick to my stomach seeing Kaep's protest against police brutality get scrubbed off into some meaningless bullshit about unity that Trump-donating owners like Khan & Jerruh can capitalize on. It's amazing how quickly narratives can get switched up on these days.

Hindl

It makes me sick to my stomach seeing Kaep's protest against police brutality get scrubbed off into some meaningless bullshit about unity that Trump-donating owners like Khan & Jerruh can capitalize on. It's amazing how quickly narratives can get switched up on these days.
I remember when fake news surfaced as a term to describe stuff like Fox, Breitbart, InfoWars, etc. Right wing garbage that was literally made up. Then it got co-opted and now means "news I don't agree with". It's astonishing how quickly and easily the right can steer the national narrative

So Wentz was micced up Sunday and you could hear him say that if Elliot made the final kick he would give him his game check. On todays BGN radio podcast they were saying that now Wentz is reneging on that and will instead donate money to a charity in Elliot's name. Boy I really hope that isn't true.

Pepiope

So Wentz was micced up Sunday and you could hear him say that if Elliot made the final kick he would give him his game check. On todays BGN radio podcast they were saying that now Wentz is reneging on that and will instead donate money to a charity in Elliot's name. Boy I really hope that isn't true.
1. Wentz approved that footage to get out
2. Wentz contacted Elliott about giving him the money
3. Elliott declined
4. Wentz instead decided they donate it to charity rather than just do nothing.

That's how it happened as far as I know.

1. Wentz approved that footage to get out
2. Wentz contacted Elliott about giving him the money
3. Elliott declined
4. Wentz instead decided they donate it to charity rather than just do nothing.

That seems nuts to me. I wonder why he would turn down money.

JABEE

No. Wentz offered Elliott the money.

Elliott said he would not accept it.

Wentz then said they would donate the entire check to a charity of Elliott's choice.

You have a promising career as a Philly media writer

JABEE

That seems nuts to me. I wonder why he would turn down money.

Probably doesn't feel right taking money from another man when it wasn't a bet. It was an comment on the sideline Wentz made.

He could have taken the money. A beat writer joked to Wentz that other players on the team said they would accept the $31K if Elliott would not. Lol

Nialrot

For the first time in 44 road games, the Jags are favorites

The Jaguars are going to be 3-1.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ POPPIN BORTLES ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

MechDX

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 2m2 minutes ago
More
Sam Bradford is out Sunday vs. Detroit.

Fantomex

Who's picking up their SNES tomorrow? Man I can't wait to play Megaman X, and then get all the armor and shoot the Hadouken!

Top Bottom