• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 4 |OT| Taking a stand by taking a knee

MechDX

Acutally, Pete Carroll has never lost in the national championship game in college. You can check the record books!

Also, the Pats were cheating so no one won that championship. And since we were the last legitimate team standing, it's pretty much us that were the best team that year.

he's+right+you+know.jpg

If you're the Giants find themselves in the top 3 picks they really should take the best LT available, and retread whoever at QB for a year, but they'd probably go Rosen or Darnold.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I hear this from people who didn't watch Kap in 2015-2016, the same Kap who threw 2 pick 6's in like 5 minutes in AZ when we were embarrassed 47-7 or similar. The same one who got benched for Gabbert. He looked slightly better with Kelly at the end of last season, but he's not some magic fix for a developing team. We'd be better off with trying out Beathard to see what he's got then signing Kap and trying to get him up to speed in Shanahan's system.

Does anyone actually expect anything out of Beathard? He was mediocre in college. I was surprised to see him get drafted as early as he did but obviously they must have seen something, guess everyone will find out sooner rather than later. Might as well play him considering they spent a 3rd rd pick on him

Drakeon

Does anyone actually expect anything out of Beathard? He was mediocre in college. I was surprised to see him get drafted as early as he did but obviously they must have seen something, guess everyone will find out sooner rather than later. Might as well play him considering they spent a 3rd rd pick on him
He looked decent, I don't expect him to be a long term starter, but I want to see if he's gonna be a backup or not even worth that.

Beach

I hear this from people who didn't watch Kap in 2015-2016, the same Kap who threw 2 pick 6's in like 5 minutes in AZ when we were embarrassed 47-7 or similar. The same one who got benched for Gabbert. He looked slightly better with Kelly at the end of last season, but he's not some magic fix for a developing team. We'd be better off with trying out Beathard to see what he's got then signing Kap and trying to get him up to speed in Shanahan's system.
I mean I want Kaep in this league but this post is pretty much correct. Kaep is a talented QB that def belongs on a team but anyone who keeps quoting his stats last year in a Bortles garbage time stat padding season in a Chip Kelly offense is kind of missing the point.

Id love to be proven wrong but yea.

Afrikan

Always felt defenders are at a disadvantage when they are close to the sideline... if they let up so they don't get called for personal foul... Some QBs can take advantage of their caution...hell some QBs cut back up field for more yardage.

Believe me Bortles would not being doing that in the 90s.. he would get blown the fuck up.

I have as many coaching victories as Mcadoodoo.

Will Mara wait to fire him?

Don't want to discuss UCLA football? It would be fun!

As much fun as discussing Mariners' postseason baseball schedule?

You didn't want to discuss UCLA basketball last year when Fultz got cooked by #2.

I was at that game.

cdyhybrid

You say this like 1) baseball is a sport, and 2) I give a single shit about the M's.

Also, you must be talking about a different #2 than Lonzo, because numbers don't lie:

kcnVwTF.png

Maybe you're a time traveler and have seen Kyrie play Fultz in the league already.

Drakeon

Giants owners aren't going to fire him mid season. They're legendarily patient. Now they obviously fucked up firing Coughlin and not the GM, but they're still super patient. Besides, it's not like you're saving this season by firing him.

BumRush

Firing a head coach in-season is definitely not a Mara thing to do, especially when 2 of the 4 losses were on the last play (still losses though), but yeah, this is a shockingly awful start to the season for the Giants.

You say this like 1) baseball is a sport, and 2) I give a single shit about the M's.

See my edit.

In your barn, UCLA literally made your fan base quit before the game was over. We were chanting UCLA fight songs in your arena.

For shame.

Everything goes in cycles with football. I also recall Hundley destroying the Huskies, in your barn.

Always felt defenders are at a disadvantage when they are close to the sideline... if they let up so they don't get called for personal foul... Some QBs can take advantage of their caution...hell some QBs cut back up field for more yardage.

Believe me Bortles would not being doing that in the 90s.. he would get blown the fuck up.
Idk man he went flying. That wasn’t a normal hit

Insanely happy the Steelers could rebound from that horror show in Chicago last week to go on the road and beat the hated Ravens.

I figured we'd be 3-1 by now, but also assumed we'd win vs. the Bears and lose in Baltimore 9-6 in OT because Tomlin thought Boswell could hit a 60 yard FG.

cdyhybrid

See my edit.

In your barn, UCLA literally made your fan base quit before the game was over. We were chanting UCLA fight songs in your arena.

For shame.

Everything goes in cycles with football. I also recall Hundley destroying the Huskies, in your barn.

Except everyone was only there to watch Fultz and didn't care about the actual game result. Come on, what's next? Bragging about beating the Browns?

I would hope Hundley destroyed those Husky teams, they were mediocre at best.

Top Bottom