• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 4 |OT| Taking a stand by taking a knee

Afrikan

I hear this from people who didn't watch Kap in 2015-2016, the same Kap who threw 2 pick 6's in like 5 minutes in AZ when we were embarrassed 47-7 or similar. The same one who got benched for Gabbert. He looked slightly better with Kelly at the end of last season, but he's not some magic fix for a developing team. We'd be better off with trying out Beathard to see what he's got then signing Kap and trying to get him up to speed in Shanahan's system.

If you take that ONE game out of his career versus the Cards...

Kap is 4-2 vs the Cards.

10TDs and 1INT. 100+ QB Rating.

But tell me about my team and our former player.

Benched for Gabbert? When it was OBVIOUS he was injured... when he fucking told team doctors and coaches he was hurt... Docs told him don't worry it will go away...keep playing. then eventually after getting a second opinion... Docs going saying oops?

How about us keeping the TWO WORST olinemen in free agency (Pears and Davey) in the starting line up along with garbage as Marucs Martin... getting Kap killed.

THEN AFTER they bench Kap, they THEN change the oline for Gabs?

When Tiller was in the game, when Kap was still starting...Kap was playing well those few games in 2015.

tmdorsey

Finally made it back home from the game. Wanted to say good game to LJ and the rest of Bills-GAF. Your defense definitely seems legit.

Bad loss but if we had to take one at least it came against an AFC team.

Drakeon

If you take that ONE game out of his career versus the Cards...

Kap is 4-2 vs the Cards.

10TDs and 1INT. 100+ QB Rating.

But tell me about my team and our former player.

Benched for Gabbert? When it was OBVIOIUS he was injured... when he fucking told team doctors and coaches he was hurt... Docs told him don't worry it will go away...keep playing. then eventually after getting a second opinion... Docs going saying oops?

How about us keeping the TWO WORST olinemen in free agency (Pears and Davey) in the starting line up along with garbage as Marucs Martin... getting Kap killed.

THEN AFTER they bench Kap, they THEN change the oline for Gabs?

When Tiller was in the game, when Kap was still starting...Kap was playing well those few games in 2015.

Dude, you watched Kap last year too, he didn't look that much better. Take out 2012-2013 and what do you have? A mediocre at best QB who on his best day is probably a top 20 QB who isn't accurate and can't progress through his reads. Is he better than Hoyer? Maybe, but Hoyer knows Shanahan's system. Bring in Kap off the street and start him next week and he will do significantly worse than Hoyer or Beathard. The Ravens should have signed him back in August, especially since they have Greg Roman.

duxstar

I don't follow college at all, with that being said, whoever Shanahan wants I'm good with, including Cousins.

This is what i want to Happen.

Pay Cousins whatever he wants
Pay the top Free agent Cornerback whatever ut takes to get him here (Xavier rhodes?).
Draft the top Offensive Lineman in the draft.

As far as i understand it, the money we saved on free agency this year gets rolled over into next year. So landing 2 top free agents should be somewhat do able because we are rolling over 30 million from what I remember.

I think top NFL lineman are at a premium, as evident by the title of this thread, and getting a future replacement for Joe Staley is imperative.

RBH

DLF66kDVoAAE3FF

Pay the top Free agent Cornerback whatever ut takes to get him here (Xavier rhodes?).

As far as i understand it, the money we saved on free agency this year gets rolled over into next year. So landing 2 top free agents should be somewhat do able because we are rolling over 30 million from what I remember.

I think top NFL lineman are at a premium, as evident by the title of this thread, and getting a future replacement for Joe Staley is imperative.

I’d rather draft and develop a QB rather than go after Cousins.

Hunter S.

NFL Research‏Verified account @NFLResearch 18m18 minutes ago
More
Melvin Gordon, Ezekiel Elliot, LeSean McCoy & Marshawn Lynch combined against Denver this season:
- 50 carries
- 95 rush yds
- 1.9 yds/carry

What do you do the years following though? It’s hard to say just load up on big contracts for 1 year of rollover. Won’t be sustainable in the future. Plus you’re handicapping yourself in free agency the next year

Top Bottom