• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 6 |OT| Fulfill Your Destiny

Hmmmm. Not seeing this "Elite" eagles team. Cam handed y'all the game and the run game is a joke. Redskins will be right there with them in the hunt for the east.
They had soooo many penalties though, Cam was handed the game and he still dropped the ball. Plus we may get Darby back soon.

Hmmmm. Not seeing this "Elite" eagles team. Cam handed y'all the game and the run game is a joke. Redskins will be right there with them in the hunt for the east.

Lol. If not for the one sided officiating this would have been a blowout by the eagles, when every "expert" predicted they'd lose it.

Hindl

I've been soured on watching games in the stadium over the years.

Way too much testosterone and booze at football games. I'd much rather watch at home

Plus it's cheaper, easier, and you can do other shit during the commercial breaks
Summary or is it just a panthers fan beating an old man?

I'm on super restricted LTE because I went over my data this month :(
Yeah old man told them to sit down because they were blocking his view and he said they were being rude, puncher curses him out then punches him. Old man was also a Panthers fan

Juicy Bob

Ughhhhhhhhhhh

After spending all day avoiding the result of last night's game i click Facebook without thinking and see the score. :/

Oh well

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Plus it's cheaper, easier, and you can do other shit during the commercial breaks

Yeah old man told them to sit down because they were blocking his view and he said they were being rude, puncher curses him out then punches him. Old man was also a Panthers fan

Yikes

It’s amazing how people are assholes still even though the crowd is limited to people who can afford like $1,000 for tickets, parking, concessions, etc.

MechDX

9jBl230.png

Why would this not surprise me?

MechDX

Trump isn't that smart. Viewership was up yesterday because it was an actual good game.

Trump is too stupid but the NFL owners are not. Jerks? yes Assholes? Yes. Stupid? No.

Now lets discuss truly important things. Why does Cian Fahey seem to have this utter hatred for Wentz and Watson? Is he secretly a Browns lifelong fan?

9jBl230.png

Nahhhhh

Last year this week was chargers/Broncos. West coast teams always get lower ratings. Plus the panthers/eagles game was two 4-1 teams going for first place in the conference. Genuinely good matchups tend to get high ratings.

MechDX

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

The team has already ruled out six players for Sunday’s game, leaving them short-handed against the Broncos.

Linebacker Jonathan Casillas, defensive end Olivier Vernon, wide receiver Sterling Shepard, defensive end Romeo Okwara, running back Paul Perkins, and center Weston Richburg were ruled out already.

Throw in rookie third quarterback Davis Webb and the Giants have their inactive list.

Jeez... #Pray4GiantsGAF

Beach

9jBl230.png

I feel like NFL-GAF follows the same 20 NFL Twitter guys hah

And it was actually a good game, makes a big difference

Speaking of which, does anybody listen to Pat McAfee's podcasts? Any recommendations?

gutshot

Trump is too stupid but the NFL owners are not. Jerks? yes Assholes? Yes. Stupid? No.

Now lets discuss truly important things. Why does Cian Fahey seem to have this utter hatred for Wentz and Watson? Is he secretly a Browns lifelong fan?

That would explain a lot.

Hindl

Giants rock bottom is looking pretty dang bad. I'm curious what their offseason plan is going to be. Blow it up or rebuild around same core
They have to blow up everything. That defense is locked up for a bit, and get OBJ locked up too, get rid of everything else. The GM has had a series of bad drafts, and McAdoo has lost his locker room. Get a new GM/coach, get a bunch of OL and RBs in the next draft/FA, and get Eli's replacement and let him sit on the bench for 2018 while Eli finishes his contract

squicken

They have to blow up everything. That defense is locked up for a bit, and get OBJ locked up too, get rid of everything else. The GM has had a series of bad drafts, and McAdoo has lost his locker room. Get a new GM/coach, get a bunch of OL and RBs in the next draft/FA, and get Eli's replacement and let him sit on the bench for 2018 while Eli finishes his contract

I've read before that OBJ getting an extension isn't a slam dunk. That they might trade him or let him leave

Striker

Giants rock bottom is looking pretty dang bad. I'm curious what their offseason plan is going to be. Blow it up or rebuild around same core
Outside OV and Shepard (since he is Jerry Rice compared to the rest of the current receivers), the list isn't extremely dire. Casillas is long in the tooth and average. Okwara has not progressed as you had hoped and Richburg doesn't really deserve a nice new deal. He hasn't come close to the level he produced in 2015. That said they'll get smashed.

Blow it up, kick the can on Reese, McAdoo and the scouts. New staff picks their new QB. Eli will either retire or play another season mentoring the young guy. Reese wasted him and these last years post SB 46.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Trade OBJ if you’re blowing it up

You can’t build shit around a receiver or else you’re trying to be the Lions or Cardinals

Cam Newton took a shot at the lions in his post game press conference. He said that the eagles are the first playoff team the Panthers have faced this year. Sorry Kas.

Gigglepoo

9jBl230.png

Last year's Week 6 Thursday matchup was Broncos/Chargers. I would expect nothing less than a 7% boost when compared to Eagles/Panthers. That's a pretty weak argument. Plus, there's a chart that shows Trump suppporters' opinion on the NFL and it's a plummeting. So, yeah, if it was planned, all parties were incredibly stupid.

Cam Newton took a shot at the lions in his post game press conference. He said that the eagles are the first playoff team the Panthers have faced this year. Sorry Kas.

Didn't the Panthers play New England!?

Last year's Week 6 Thursday matchup was Broncos/Chargers. I would expect nothing less than a 7% boost when compared to Eagles/Panthers. That's a pretty weak argument. Plus, there's a chart that shows Trump suppporters' opinion on the NFL and it's a plummeting. So, yeah, if it was planned, all parties were incredibly stupid.

Didn't the Panthers play New England!?
Holy shit yes they did. Maybe cam doesnt count cheaters.

Trade OBJ if you’re blowing it up

You can’t build shit around a receiver or else you’re trying to be the Lions or Cardinals

They won't trade him, if the plan is move on from Eli in 2018/19 , the new QB needs a play maker...Odell only player they won't trade, everybody else can GTFO IMO..

Slurmer

Banned
Also after last night I understand Panthers' fans pain having Shula doing the playcalling

Lol thank you, it really is crazy how much Cam has carried him and ensured he keeps his job.

I couldn't watch the game last night because I was traveling, were the penalties on Philly bad calls or was it more like the Carolina/Detroit game last week where Carolina just kept committing stupid penalties.

Lol thank you, it really is crazy how much Cam has carried him and ensured he keeps his job.

I couldn't watch the game last night because I was traveling, were the penalties on Philly bad calls or was it more like the Carolina/Detroit game last week where Carolina just kept committing stupid penalties.

There were a handful of bad calls, but I don't think that's the egregious thing. The calls were very one sided. Eagles would get a PI for a ticky tack thing but Panthers did the same thing and wouldn't get called. Eagles would get called for like a personal foul and Panthers wouldn't get called for a facemask. Shit like that.

Hindl

I've read before that OBJ getting an extension isn't a slam dunk. That they might trade him or let him leave
Yeah actually that's a pretty good idea to rebuild. My only concern is that would be a great weapon for a rookie QB to have, and WRs don't always grow on trees.

Yeah it's odd, they have the personnel to stretch defenses horizontally and just do a ton of options to make the LBers defend sideline to sideline. That's the best thing to do against the Eagles since you're neutralizing the front four to an extent. Instead he just decided to run it up the gut and chuck deep passes

And there were some bad calls and some ticky-tack stuff, which would be fine. But they didn't call the same shit on Carolina so it was kinda infuriating. Ultimately though, if the Eagles lost it would've been their fault, because even with the flags they had a chance to put the game away and didn't do it. Luckily the defense came through.

Top Bottom