• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Conference Championships |OT| MS Paint edition because of lazy/busy hipsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFatOne

Any good break downs of the way pats game yesterday? Want to see just how badly brady played. Watching the game yesterday seemed like people were open but he was reluctant to throw.

Narag

Any good break downs of the way pats game yesterday? Want to see just how badly brady played. Watching the game yesterday seemed like people were open but he was reluctant to throw.

Brady was throwing the ball too well so he kept overthrowing receivers. A former NFL QB taught me that.

simples

Banned
Does that run on your apple trashcan?
if they had a Mac version I would get it over the xbone version anyday

but respawn are too dumb to develop for the Mac OS

now that evilore lifted the ban on leaked footage from the alpha people can post full match vids - http://touch.dailymotion.com/video/x19z0fe

I just hope ms doesn't money hat the entire franchise so poor people without a bone or can't run the source engine on their asus laptop from radioshack can play this. shooter of the gen is here

iRdeIlJ9q9W0j.gif

Patriots7

It's a vast over exaggeration. He missed two huge plays, a wide open Edelman that likely would have been a touchdown in the first quarter and an open Collie right before half down the sideline that would have set them up at least for a field goal.

Arguably, he overthrew Dobson on a trick play that was well covered and Dobson wouldn't have made the catch even if it was on the money.

Furyous

Dat Walk Off home run is perfection.
Are we going to ignore the SimCity debacle?

Skip Baseless will continue the disturbation circle jerk over Sherm's comments. He's still hurt (in his soul from dat Nas) over Sherm's encounter with him last year.

Win or lose Russell just leaped ahead of Andrew in the young QB rankings. Russell is on that Eli trajectory in the sense that how in the world is he in the Super Bowl?The only downside to his success is the impact of future drafts. I don't want every short QB thinking he's the next Hustle Wilson. Russell Hustle Hard won at two non BCS powerhouse schools. Therefore, any prototypical can't miss QB that comes from a perennial BCS powerhouse that lost less six games must realize they're not in the same league as Russell. I'm sending the last sentence directly to Mike Lombardi so he can stay away from Johnny Football.

MechDX

Now official: former Chiefs HC Romeo Crennel signed a three-year deal to become defensive coordinator of the Houston Texans.

--Schefter twitter

JABEE

TheFatOne

It's a vast over exaggeration. He missed two huge plays, a wide open Edelman that likely would have been a touchdown in the first quarter and an open Collie right before half down the sideline that would have set them up at least for a field goal.

Arguably, he overthrew Dobson on a trick play that was well covered and Dobson wouldn't have made the catch even if it was on the money.

That's why I wanted to see a breakdown. Watching the game yesterday he just looked bad, and I'm not sure if it was him or the receivers. During the game it looked like he was at fault though because guys got open.

titanfall alpha test demo > battleshit

shooter of the generation is 2 months away! squeee

Shooter of the generation.

Still 6 vs 6 multiplayer.

Is it? Feels pretty identical to me but I haven't spent a ton of time with 4.
I like Battlefield, bro

Lol, they threw at Sherman twice all game and one was a game ending pick and Crabtree is saying he did nothing all game, Too fucking funny.

Might just be the step up to 64 player that did it for me. I'm just a console peasant, but Battlefield didn't work with 32 player.

Also the scale of the maps, the changing environments and some overall minor tweaks make it a much better multiplayer for me.

manfestival

if they had a Mac version I would get it over the xbone version anyday

but respawn are too dumb to develop for the Mac OS

now that evilore lifted the ban on leaked footage from the alpha people can post full match vids - http://touch.dailymotion.com/video/x19z0fe

I just hope ms doesn't money hat the entire franchise so poor people without a bone or can't run the source engine on their asus laptop from radioshack can play this. shooter of the gen is here

iRdeIlJ9q9W0j.gif
game looks really cool but game of the generation? not sure if its quite there. I am hyped for it, gonna pick this sucker up on pc. I really dont care if its on origin. I put up with that garbage for bf3. I just hope it has its own ingame client instead of that dumb in browser server browsing thing

squicken

Beleichick thinks Welker took out Talib on purpose. Interesting. I will say that I have thought teams have been pretty dirty with the Pats the past few years. I sort of understand Belichick's emotion.

Watching SEA-SF, it's just too much. Every time those two play it seems a couple of guys blow out a knee and there are a few concussions. Guess I've gone soft b/c after the Bowman injury I just really lost my stomach for super-physical football

JABEE

The official Eagles boards are talking about a Miami Herald Columnist speculating that the Eagles would have interest in Dion Jordan as a 3-4 linebacker. He said that Tom Gamble loves him and so does Chip and that the Eagles would give up the 22nd pick in the draft for him. It's probably a bunch of nonsense. Jordan's contract may also hurt his chances of being moved.

I doubt Miami would have any interest in moving him.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Waiting at our job site for work to start at 7 and I`m sure its been posted already but holy shit:

MYo55ZG.jpg

:jnc ez. Woke up my pops :jncing so loud.

Going to be a great SB with how Seattles secondary will match up with Denvers WR corp.

Can`t wait

What are the odds of the Pats actually parting ways with Tom this offseason?

I'm confused as to how the offense always completely dissapears during playoff losses. The defense usually comes prepared, but the offense always comes out sputtering and looks flat throughout the game. Saw on Twitter that they average 15.8 points per game in their playoff losses, which is about 10 points below their usual averages and this is the same with McDaniels and O'Brien.

Is this all on Brady? Is it the level of the defenses in the playoffs? Then why put 40 on them the one week to then score 16 in the playoffs, did they figure you all out and you didn't change anything?

Yes the O has been underwhelming all season, but this has been a thing for years.

Deacon and Yankee, please feel free to ignore this post.

squicken

post.

Don't think that is likely, but his total inability to throw a deep pass is concerning. Dunno what happened but he just can't make a bucket throw. If he can throw it on a line, it seems fine. But when he has to put air under it, there's no telling where it goes

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
What are the odds of the Pats actually parting ways with Tom this offseason? .

Brady still has two more great seasons in him if he stays in shape over the offseason, which he will. No way you guys part ways with Lord Brady.

You guys just have to get the guy some weapons. Maybe a trade for Larry Fitz or Kenny Britt? Either that or stock up on some WRs in the draft.

eznark

Banned
Don't think that is likely, but his total inability to throw a deep pass is concerning. Dunno what happened but he just can't make a bucket throw. If he can throw it on a line, it seems fine. But when he has to put air under it, there's no telling where it goes

That two point play has me a bit curious. When is the last time the game was on the line and the Patriots decided to take the ball out of Brady's hands?

Beleichick thinks Welker took out Talib on purpose. Interesting. I will say that I have thought teams have been pretty dirty with the Pats the past few years. I sort of understand Belichick's emotion.

He took a massive shit on Welker, calling it one of the worst play he's ever seen. I don't get how it wasn't an injury. Welker blew him up before the ball was even close, and right after the Pats got called for a pick where they brushed a defender. Inconsistency in officiating is a problem (and this goes both ways, before you people all go 'BUBUBUBU TUCK RULE!') but not one that you can easily fix.

If you can't beat them, injure them and then beat them.

I'm confused as to how the offense always completely dissapears during playoff losses. The defense usually comes prepared, but the offense always comes out sputtering and looks flat throughout the game. Saw on Twitter that they average 15.8 points per game in their playoff losses, which is about 10 points below their usual averages and this is the same with McDaniels and O'Brien.

Is this all on Brady? Is it the level of the defenses in the playoffs? Then why put 40 on them the one week to then score 16 in the playoffs, did they figure you all out and you didn't change anything?

Yes the O has been underwhelming all season, but this has been a thing for years.

Zero point zero percent.

He took a massive shit on Welker, calling it one of the worst play he's ever seen. I don't get how it wasn't an injury. Welker blew him up before the ball was even close, and right after the Pats got called for a pick where they brushed a defender. Inconsistency in officiating is a problem (and this goes both ways, before you people all go 'BUBUBUBU TUCK RULE!') but not one that you can easily fix.

If you can't beat them, injure them and then beat them.

The Broncos were going to win that game, with or without Talib on the field.

squicken

That two point play has me a bit curious. When is the last time the game was on the line and the Patriots decided to take the ball out of Brady's hands?

One of the stat guys did some research that said runs on 2 pt plays are actually pretty successful. I don't remember what the defensive front looked like on that play, but I don't have a problem with it in isolation. But given Brady's accuracy issues all game, I agree it is notable. I guess if I were a Pats fan I hope it is that hand injury that maybe isn't fully healed

jman2050

The 2-pt call was fine and the Pats got the penetration at the line they needed, the outside dude just sniffed it out and made a fantastic play on Vareen to stop his progress.

Sometimes the defense just beats you.

Don't think they took it out of his hands because they don't trust him, Red zone/short yardage has been bad all season, but they got the most succes whilst running. Just a number game I guess. Do what scored you the most points during the season.

The whole offensive gameplan was odd. Sure we're not playing a terrible Bills/Colts D an Blount is no Barry Sanders, but to then give him 8 carries in the entire game?

Maybe it was just the incompetency of the entire O though, only have so many snaps in a game and can't keep picking up 1 yard rushes. The offense just looks so flat during tees games, unprepared and always start out so slow.

Brady still has two more great seasons in him if he stays in shape over the offseason, which he will. No way you guys part ways with Lord Brady.

You guys just have to get the guy some weapons. Maybe a trade for Larry Fitz or Kenny Britt? Either that or stock up on some WRs in the draft.

Well they tried with Dobson/Thompkins/Amendola but it's not enough. Might lose Edelman this offseason which would catastrophic.

JABEE

I don't think they will get rid of Brady. There is no one who could take his place right now. Brady is still good enough in the system he's in to win 11 or more games. He is smart enough and experienced enough in the offense that no replacement could step in and do better. At least, no available replacement could.

eznark

Banned
Matt Cassel won 10 games (exactly as many as Brady won with that team the next season). It's the system.

jman, squicken

Both valid points and fantastic in the abstract.

Neither speak to my question.

manfestival

Watching SEA-SF, it's just too much. Every time those two play it seems a couple of guys blow out a knee and there are a few concussions. Guess I've gone soft b/c after the Bowman injury I just really lost my stomach for super-physical football

you aren't used to talib yet if you think he woulda been the proper shut down corner. Hes good but he also blows one or two huge plays. Usually when it matters the most

Caja 117

Did the torn ligament in his hand had any factor on his bellow average season? Also I think that Not having Gronk in either this playoff or last season playoff have been of a huge impact on this offense.

Cloudy

Banned
http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story...nd-patriots-unhappy-wes-welker-hit-aqib-talib

New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick delivered strong comments about Wes Welker's hit that knocked cornerback Aqib Talib out of the AFC Championship Game.

Belichick opened his season-ending news conference Monday morning by talking about Welker, unprompted by any questions from reporters.

"I was asked about the hit on Talib, and I feel badly for Aqib," Belichick said. "The way that play turned out -- I went back and watched it, which I didn't have a chance to yesterday.

"It was a deliberate play by the receiver to take out Aqib. No attempt to get open. I'll let the league handle the discipline on that play, whatever they decide. It's one of the worst plays I've seen. That's all I'll say about that."

Cry moar, Hoodie. You probably taught him those dirty tactics

JABEE

Matt Cassel won 10 games (exactly as many as Brady won with that team the next season). It's the system.

jman, squicken

It was odd to see that. You could tell Brady seemed annoyed at it. I couldn't tell whether it was a normal sign of exasperation at missing the 2-point conversion or his frustration over not being in control.

They may have made the right call, but Brady's role in both playoff games has been very limited. The opportunities he did have were for the most part squandered. It will be interesting to see what New England does with their receivers/tight ends this off season. They can't rely on Gronk and Amendola to stay healthy and Brady needs those weapons to succeed at this point in his career.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Well they tried with Dobson/Thompkins/Amendola but it's not enough. Might lose Edelman this offseason which would catastrophic.

None of those guys are weapons who will be able to create separation and make plays. Amendola included those are #2,#3 recievers. I`d be very surprised in Belichick and the Pats FO don`t make a move for Larry Fitz.

Like ez said the "system" and coaching you guys have is the best in the league. But get Brady a guy like Randy Moss either through the draft, FA or a trade and Brady will put up numbers like in the 2007 season.

I`m also interested to see how Polsko Gronk comes back from his injury.

Furyous

I hope they trade him to the Cardinals. Clearly, he's done pats fans so you should push for a trade! We can't wait to party after Tom and Bill leave. This gets one of them out the way sooner. "You'll suck when Tom and Bill leave" according to Sir Charles.

Signed,
Cheatriots Haters Network

njean777

Yesterday was an odd day for Brady, usually he does well in his games but yesterday he seemed lost, overthrew a couple of passes, but nothing that they couldn't recover from. Amendola dropped some passes that were easily catchable as well. It just seems that without some great TE's the pats have nothing except Edelman to rely on. The running game is ok and Ridley got at least two decent runs for 8-7 yards to move the posts, but it just seemed that the pats yesterday were all playing terribly. The defense was not coming up with very many stops, and Manning took advantage of Talib being hurt. Sometimes (even in the playoffs) teams just have bad games. It isn't the greatest place to have one, but it happens (looking at you eagles /cry).

eznark

Banned
You guys do realize Tom Brady is going to be 37 years old when the season starts right? Same time the 49ers moved on from Montana, Packers moved on from Favre, Denver moved on from Elway (he was 38 I think).

Acting like it's the furthest thing in the world from happening is hilarious. What's his cap number next year, something like $17m? Lots of money to pay a game manager who leans on LaGarrette Blount for success.

jman2050

Brady would likely need to be seriously injured for them to contemplate moving him next season.

Frankly I'm anticipating a pretty harsh decline for him over the next few seasons, but he'll still be able to succeed in BB's system as he always has.

njean777

You guys do realize Tom Brady is going to be 37 years old when the season starts right? Same time the 49ers moved on from Montana, Packers moved on from Favre, Denver moved on from Elway (he was 38 I think).

Acting like it's the furthest thing in the world from happening is hilarious. What's his cap number next year, something like $17m? Lots of money to pay a game manager who leans on LaGarrette Blount for success.

Not a huge Pats fan, but to say Brady hasn't done anything all year is just ridiculous.

Did the torn ligament in his hand had any factor on his bellow average season? Also I think that Not having Gronk in either this playoff or last season playoff have been of a huge impact on this offense.

Don't know about the hand, you could tell it has been bothering him all season when he was on the bench, always looking at it, rubbing it and all, but no way of knowing how much of an effect it had.

He looked good during the first part of the pre-season against the Eagles. He didn't miss a pass the entire week, during the game and practice. But then looked bad against the Lions. It's difficult to say.

An Gronk is worth 12 points per game. He's huge. Not only as a pass catcher, as the only one with the size to be a stand-alone weapon in the Red zone, but he's also great at blocking and gives them versatility in O with their formations. But he's only one man, an amazing man, but still only one. Doesn't explain all the troubles.

jman, squicken

It's the system probably 90% of the time, don't you think? QBs depend on the entire team to function. It's being able to control it all and come up in crucial situations what makes them great. Brady can do both in a way not many other QBs can, Matt Cassel can win games in the system but can he drive down the field against the Saints? Browns?

Same with Flynn, he can style all over the Lions in a system as good as that of the Packers. Looks like shit for the Raiders though.

TheFatOne

No need to part ways with Brady he is still good, and the only question is health. If the Pats can be healthy on both sides of the ball resign Edelman and Talib they will be a very good team. The defense even with all the injuries took a step forward. They just need a piece or two. If they can get another guy opposite of Jones and possibly another good linebacker in the draft they would be set. The defense will be very good next season if healthy, and if Talib resigns. Have high hopes for both receivers. Although I don't think either of them will be number one receivers I think they both have a chance to be really solid. Love Dobsons game so far. The big question is Gronk and if he can remain healthy through 16 games. I'm not sure a guy like that can stay healthy given how he plays the game. Pats could get away with not having a legit number one receiver if Gronk is healthy, and they have solid options. I have high hopes for the defense next season, and especially Collins. If he can do what he did the last few games all season long that would be huge for the Pats.

As for your other question. It has mostly been Brady. Although, I need to see a breakdown of this game. In the last few games Brady has been reluctant to throw the ball and then starts seeing ghosts in the pocket. He wasn't jumpy in this game, but he didn't look great. It also doesn't help that his skill is diminishing. Also, Brady's decision making takes a nose dive in the playoffs. Take a look at that Slater deep bomb. He had forever to throw, and decides to throw it to a well covered special teams player. The defenses are better in the playoffs, and for the most part the refs let things go. You have to make better throws into tighter coverages, and at times Brady seems reluctant to throw into those spots except when he has a receiver like Gronk. Even when he has someone like Gronk though he makes dumb ass mistakes as well. Will force feed him the ball and forget about everyone else. I'm no football expert but this is just what I see.
Doomed.

Don't you forget it brother!

Fuck Luck. Going to enjoy that Colts #1 pick. Using it on a pass rushing OLB.

Nah man Crennel is legit. Your really going to like that defense. Especially with a weapon like Watt. He's going to find ways to get him great match ups.

Caja 117

I think they will have him for one more year with better receiving weapons, someone said here that the Pats offense ranked number one during the period Gronk played, if that was true, then Brady could have another chance (or maybe he gets Bledsoed).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom